Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Is Bendis setting up a battle between the Superboys ?

I mean despite how many Robins there are in the DCU: Is the universe big enough for 2 Superboys ?

https://www.cbr.com/reign-of-the-sup...eens-of-steel/

Incredible Member

considering how huge of a push Conner has been getting, a battle between SBs wouldn't go well for Jon.

Nah. They're going to meet certainly but I can't see either one taking issue with the other.

Astonishing Member

No.

10 char.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Jon would hug him and want to know all about his cool big bro and Kon's struggle would be getting out of the hug after a while.

Kon93

Well he aged up a kid who was perfect as he was,just to make a mark,so it's possible they will go at it,but hopefully we find out SB lived with jon,when Jon was much younger and they have a bond,even the older Titans of tomorrow type SB that came back in supersons cared for jon

Incredible Member

One is Superman's biological son and another is his clone. Base on their personality, I don't think Jon and Connor will fight each other. this is not Batman family XD
    Lois and Clark, Clark and Lois..no matter what, when or where it's always you two. Even in fractured quantum space-time you manage to find each other..but if those tinkering busybodies couldn't keep you apart, why should I waste my time?- Mr Mxyzptlk, Superman #19

I agree with everyone else. They wouldn't fight.

Kon93

Writers always find ways to pit to characters against each other,even for a page or 2,I wouldn't expect anything less from them,i just think they should have some form of bond if SB is getting some kind of past history retro fitted to him with Jon and his parents in Hamilton

It wouldn't really be in character for them to fight, but that's not necessarily an issue for Bendis.

At this point? I don't care. I'm not going to read it anyway, and I'd rather his run was not in continuity.

Kon93

The funny thing is they have both been out of time in some aspect,jon got older,SB got younger or never grew older.

Hugs all around folks

It'll probably happen eventually. Only in the sense that its a common trope for partners to fight at some point and then have a cover exaggerate it. It'll be funny if it does happen though because you'll have the inevitable people screaming their heads off that Bendis is the devil for having two Super characters fight as if its never happened before.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It'll probably happen eventually. Only in the sense that its a common trope for partners to fight at some point and then have a cover exaggerate it. It'll be funny if it does happen though because you'll have the inevitable people screaming their heads off that Bendis is the devil for having two Super characters fight as if its never happened before.

That's true.i bitch about things he is doing now,but not for stuff like that,everybody does it.

What I'm waiting for is "when" they do, how they use their unique powersets in the fight, i want to see differences between them

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Writers always find ways to pit to characters against each other,even for a page or 2,I wouldn't expect anything less from them,i just think they should have some form of bond if SB is getting some kind of past history retro fitted to him with Jon and his parents in Hamilton
    Conner did live with the Kents when he was a Teen Titan (2003), and they're now supposed to be dead - that means that even if most Young Justice and Titans history is restored (we know the first New 52 Teen Titans was overwritten when old continuity creeped back in), that is one plothole that needs fixing. Living with Clark and Lois in Hamilton instead of Jonathan and Martha in Smallville would be one way to fix this.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman