Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I see it eventually but not anytime soon.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Conner did live with the Kents when he was a Teen Titan (2003), and they're now supposed to be dead - that means that even if most Young Justice and Titans history is restored (we know the first New 52 Teen Titans was overwritten when old continuity creeped back in), that is one plothole that needs fixing. Living with Clark and Lois in Hamilton instead of Jonathan and Martha in Smallville would be one way to fix this.

Issue 3 will have SB flashbacks and if you have been visiting the kon-el appreciation thread you will see all the pics being posted by the artists who will be doing the art for the flashbacks.they have him in school,as Conner kent,but also tshirt and Jean's,BUT also with a leather jacket on.so check out all the pics and you can kinda see which way they are going with

The TT era might not need fixing if the Kents, at the very least Martha, come back. Which I do think is still a possibility. If Doomsday Clock comes and goes without doing it, then its not happening, but until then (whenever the damn book finishes), I think its possible.

And at this point I'm at a place where I figure why not. I think they work best for Superman deceased and always will, but I know what version of Superman this essentially is again. There's really no point in keeping the small sliver of pre-Crisis/New 52 stuff that remains anyway, that's template is gone, so I'll accept it if they come back into continuity.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-19-2019 at 12:40 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Kon93

Keep them dead,and have SB live with lois and Clark AND Jon for awhile,atleast until he has had enough and moves to hawaii.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I don't know, is Bendis going to write Conner as optimistic and fun? if that's the case, I doubt we'll have to worry, but if he's like the YJ animated version, I see him being resentful of Jon, since he's supermans actual son.

Everything thus far suggests he's going to be written far more like Kesel's creation and less like everything that followed.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Everything thus far suggests he's going to be written far more like Kesel's creation and less like everything that followed.
    That's what I figured, but since we didn't get any actual dialogue yet, I didn't wanna sound too sure.

To stay on an honest level you're probably right in that mindset. I mean all we have is one panel of dialogue and the rest just imagery. The imagery goes a long way to paint a picture of a much lighter-reheated character, but all the same we don't yet have the full picture.

Kon93

Guys the kesel SB is the one who I think is more likely to get into a fight,he was always getting into scraps,much more than the other versions

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Bendis is setting up Jon for a new Legion of Superheroes book he keeps teasing. That is the main reason he aged him up. They have not come out and said it, but I would bet you that is what they have planned. He knows a book titled Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes will sell better than just a plain Legion of Superheroes book would.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Bendis is setting up Jon for a new Legion of Superheroes book he keeps teasing. That is the main reason he aged him up. They have not come out and said it, but I would bet you that is what they have planned. He knows a book titled Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes will sell better than just a plain Legion of Superheroes book would.
    He's certainly setting up one of them. Those tweets have depicting Conner but it could easily be Jon since he's interacting with different parts of the galaxy and getting a bigger perspective on how to make a universal difference. Could be planting the seeds. I also don't believe these two would be fighting.

So wait, so Conner Kent hasn't been around since 2015 when he was in Teen Titans? Then 3+ years later he shows in in Young Justice? Any mention as to where he's been all that time?

Oh and for sure they will fight. DC loves to have the heroes smack each other around any chance they get.

BANNED

I really liked the little son of Superman and how he and damian were friends... I don't know what they were thinking when they made Jon grow up suddenly, i don't like it one bit... :/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    it would definitely encourage me to atleast try the book can't lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It'll probably happen eventually. Only in the sense that its a common trope for partners to fight at some point and then have a cover exaggerate it. It'll be funny if it does happen though because you'll have the inevitable people screaming their heads off that Bendis is the devil for having two Super characters fight as if its never happened before.
    This. It'll happen for some contrived reason. It's comics; the heroes always fight before teaming up together. The question is when, why, and who wins? I'm guessing.....late 2019 or early 2020, mind control, and Jon.

Hell, Jon has fought his father and Damian, and I didn't read the story but didn't he fight the Teen Titans as well? Right now, I think the only hero Jon has met for more than three minutes and *hasn't* fought is Wonder Woman. Maybe he's never taken a swing at Bruce either.....not sure on that one.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.