Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Keeping the Walmart books only limited to the United States is also a big disappointment. I'm in Canada and I would definitely go buy them if I could, but I gotta wait for whenever they decide to release them all in trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Keeping the Walmart books only limited to the United States is also a big disappointment. I'm in Canada and I would definitely go buy them if I could, but I gotta wait for whenever they decide to release them all in trades.
    If it makes you feel any better, they weren't even sold at all Walmarts here in the U.S.
    (One location I eventually found selling some didn't even have them out where they were easily seen; it was on a bottom shelf near the far-end of the registers and easily missed.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, they weren't even sold at all Walmarts here in the U.S.
    (One location I eventually found selling some didn't even have them out where they were easily seen; it was on a bottom shelf near the far-end of the registers and easily missed.)
    Yeah, I've heard about some of the trouble people have had tracking them down. I feel like they really should've went all in to making sure they all got stocked frequently and consistently if they were going to commit to making them Walmart exclusive. If Archie can do it I don't know why DC can't.

At the very least I knew that they were going to eventually release the Bendis Batman and King Superman books in trade, because why wouldn't they, so I knew that I would at some point be able to read them.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I never saw them at my Walmart either. Not even a sign that they existed, as the trading card section was packed full of merchandise.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Never had an issue getting any of them except I had missed Teen Titans #1. I've always been able to go to either of my two Walmarts and they've had them.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

I just want to read that story of Batman and Green Lantern with the dinosaurs! That looks pretty rad!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The current books are done. Future Giants will be 48 pages of new material, 52 pages of reprints and ads.
    That's much better anyway. I wasn't about to pay for 100 pages of content where on EIGHT of those pages were new.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    That's much better anyway. I wasn't about to pay for 100 pages of content where on EIGHT of those pages were new.
    For most Walmart customers, all the pages were new.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    For most Walmart customers, all the pages were new.
    I know. I'm just speaking in terms of a seasoned collector. I already owned or have read most of the books that those 92 reprinted pages come from, so that was a waste of money for me.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Wal-Mart did not do a very good job promoting them. And I know that LCS were not happy that Wal-Mart was getting material they weren't. Then there was that whole King controversy with the Superman book. Plus, they weren't even available in all areas. People in other countries were upset they weren't getting them either. This seems like the better arrangement.
    Assassinate Putin!

Hardly ever managed to get to Wal-Mart since this started (its been a rough year here) and never once saw one of these for sell, can someone tell me, are any of the new stories really good?

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

New one-shot is coming out this month.
    Detective Comics Batman 80th Anniversary Giant.

WalMartDeteciveGiant.jpg

Just picked up the #2's and the #9's from my local Walmart. When are these expanding to other stores? I see Flash #2 says that a Flash #3 is coming. Also looks like the Superman Tom King story is being collected in November,
    Superman: Up in the Sky. Any word on the other original stories being collected?

Quote Originally Posted by mhanna885 View Post
    Just picked up the #2's and the #9's from my local Walmart. When are these expanding to other stores? I see Flash #2 says that a Flash #3 is coming. Also looks like the Superman Tom King story is being collected in November,
    Superman: Up in the Sky. Any word on the other original stories being collected?
    Bendis' Batman Universe is also being collected in trade in November. We don't know about any of the other series, but I assume they will be coming shortly afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by mhanna885 View Post
    My guess is that the Walmart exclusive deal was for a set period of time and not renewed, but hasn't expired yet. I would bet it will run through the life of the stories in process, and you will see the new "available everywhere" titles once the current ongoing serialized arcs are done in issue #14 of Batman and Superman, which would be the August issues. So probably the fall before we see the new books. That would also put the newer titles on their 7th issue, enough time to finish the first reprint arcs they are collecting (likely in issue 6 of those series). Now this is all pure conjecture on my part, so I could be (and likely am) wrong.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato