Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Preview: Superior Spider-Man #2 LGY #35

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well at least they've given a reason for everyone not turning up.

I'm not sure... the Living Brain may well have a fault, why would NOBODY be contactable? The only reason the X-Men wouldn't be available is if this is set after Uncanny #10 - but then Anna wouldn't even have mentioned them, because the Bugle ran a headline saying they're dead. And what about the Champions? Is this at the same time as their Weirdworld arc?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm not sure... the Living Brain may well have a fault, why would NOBODY be contactable? The only reason the X-Men wouldn't be available is if this is set after Uncanny #10 - but then Anna wouldn't even have mentioned them, because the Bugle ran a headline saying they're dead. And what about the Champions? Is this at the same time as their Weirdworld arc?
    The Brain said that he was unable to contact Spider-man or any of the first responders. The X-Men may not be part of what he considers as the "first responders." Tho, this may just be me stressing over the dialogue.

I didn't even think about the champions, this would be up they're alley now that they decided to up they're game. But is the Brain on Twitter? (couldn't resist)

1,000,000 COD Players vs Stone Alien Man vs The Sun

who wins
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

The Preview is cool.
    Great art,and the story seems quite interesting.
    I am intrigued to see how can Otto win Terrax,former Heralds of Galactus are Antagonist´s that are way owerpowered to Doctor Octopus.

iMan 42s

I find that usage of the arms rather creative. If the arms are a gadget in any sequel to Spider-man PS4 then that hopefully is a skill move.

I'm curious how Otto could win this. I'm intrigued.

Edit: Wait, what are those Spider-bot looking things doing?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

I think they're not contactable because those spider-bots in the background are unplugging the phone lines, which cracked me up.

That would make sense, well spotted. Otto doesn't want aid!

Looking good, I can hardly wait to read this issue. The renewed Superior is fast becoming my favorite Spidey related ongoing bar none (sorry Amazing but you're on the verge of being replaced).
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-18-2019 at 11:21 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Looking good, I can hardly wait to read this issue. The renewed Superior is fast becoming my favorite Spidey related ongoing bar none (sorry Amazing but you're on the verge of being replaced).
    I tried to follow Spencer's Amazing, but I just can't get past the whole bruh, man-child vibe, and the characterizations just seem too forced to me. Even though this is Otto's second stint as Superior, it still feels fresh.

Astonishing Member

Anticipating this as a fan of the SpOck and the first issue of the relaunch.

Personally, I'm offended that Anna Maria is speaking ill of Otto this way. I understand she went through a lot, but she needs to let go of her vexation and realize how much of a brilliant and benevolent man he truly is. Sooner or later, Anna Maria will come to her senses and fall back into the arms of the Superior Spider-Man, where she belongs.....We're already seeing hints of this because she worries for him. That love burning deep within her soul cannot continue to hide behind this resentful facade.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    Personally, I'm offended that Anna Maria is speaking ill of Otto this way. I understand she went through a lot, but she needs to let go of her vexation and realize how much of a brilliant and benevolent man he truly is. Sooner or later, Anna Maria will come to her senses and fall back into the arms of the Superior Spider-Man, where she belongs.....We're already seeing hints of this because she worries for him. That love burning deep within her soul cannot continue to hide behind this resentful facade.
    Can't tell if being sarcastic or not, but let's recall that Otto tried to cook the earth and at least some people died from that. Generally speaking you don't get to just go 'oopsie' and say you're good now, even if comics like to think so. Also, when he was romancing Anna Maria he did so after having body snatched and murdered Peter. Peter, who she later befriended and worked together extensively with. Imagine if Osama bin Laden just came up and said he was good now, so let's just forget about the whole 'years of terrorism' thing.