Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I highly doubt any of those characters are dead.

One thing I'm curious about is thay if invites were sent out, how did Eros know to send on to Frank? Clearly he's still unknown in 616, even to the Surfer.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I highly doubt any of those characters are dead.

One thing I'm curious about is thay if invites were sent out, how did Eros know to send on to Frank? Clearly he's still unknown in 616, even to the Surfer.
    Didn’t they meet in Thanos: Legacy??

Absolutely loved this issue, Cates' hot streak definitely is going strong.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Well according to a Cates tweet from a few months ago CGR has always been the 616 Frank Castle, just from the future, so they already know of him, and probably invited him because even before he became CGR he was not afraid to kill.

But my question is, are they saying the person on the last page is the new Thanos? All the ads say we will find out next month but I'm not sure what else the last page would be implying.
    Baby Thanos

Extraordinary Member

I think Hela is just trying to resurrect Thanos. Like, not just use a copy of his consciousness, but actually bring him back. While Hela is a powerful goddess, she is still technically an employee to Mistress Death.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Can't say I really liked how anyone was written here, and the influx of alt. universe versions of characters is a bit grating, and the least said about CGR the better.....but, but, on saying that, the over arching story seems interesting and so I'll come back for another go and see if anything grows on me
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Nova isn’t in it. Though Cates has recently tweeted about his omission as if it’s a plot point. Darkhawk is in it. He’s in an incident with several cosmic characters, but I highly doubt any are dead.
    Thank you! I'll give it a try, then.

I liked the issue a lot.

Extraordinary Member

I sort of like the "new" characters, you know? These are people who are pretty unfamiliar with each other, especially Frank, so we can't know just how their interactions will go. It also gives us fresh eyes to look at the cosmic universe.

Also, I think this issue made a good case for why charscters like Surfer had to be taken off the board: he knows what he's doing and he can rally the other characters.

Mighty Member

First Guardians of the Galaxy story I read in a while, and I gotta say, I'm happy to have a Star-Lord more in line with the Annihilation version than the MCU version. Idk if it will stay that way, but I'll enjoy it for the time being.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Absolutely loved this issue, Cates' hot streak definitely is going strong.
    Yeah, agreed. This was a killer issue.

I just hope we got something here that takes away the bad taste of crap Bendis left on his run. Honestly nothing could have been more stupid then reading Thanos go "People of Earth...Hi there!"...made me want to shoot myself after reading that.

BANNED

I feel like Eros might not be who we think he is.

Also, is there any reasoning behind Nova, Mantis, Bug, Prism and all of the Guardians of Infinity not being invited to the party?

BANNED

thanos either wants to join his mistress death on the other side of the veil or he wants to be able to occupy the MU even after his death. if the first is a probability then the second alternative doesn't make sense expect for messing with the heroes heads and the black order should totally understand his desires and leave him for dead; if the latter alternative is the likely possibility then that means thanos is no longer enamoured of death and would deliver precise instructions to his followers for resurrecting him. the present scenario seems to be a hotchpotch of motives with thanos seemingly ready to manifest into someone else's body while hela and the black order seem bent upon reviving him as a undead revenant( his soul is gone onto another body according to his contingency plan) so perhaps the end results will be two three thanos roaming around one haunting gamora( if it isn't a delusion), another a zombie under helas control(which will be appropriate revenge for thanos deserting her) and a third version being a amalgamated version of him trying to hide in plain sight. seems a convoluted mess.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 01-24-2019 at 12:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I just think Hela is mad that Thanos broke up with her in a pretty humiliating way. I meam, he did Hela dirty. Sure, Hela now has a lovely wife who she might get along with if she tried, but dammit, she's gonna get her man back even if it means going behind her boss's back.