Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    BANNED

if the future thanos wins timeline is still existing as a potential future poised to become actuality and is the definitive future then no matter how you twist it king thor is a alternative timeline as Galactus was alive and killed by ego the planet in this timeline instead of thanos. if you accept king thor timeline as the definitive future then the thanos wins timeline is going to be the alternative one. both timelines do not mesh as some events have occurred differently in both the streams so then only one or perhaps none of them or perhaps all of the time streams are the true definitive future timeline however you prefer it. it's all head cannon when it comes to what's a Canon 616 future timeline and what isn't.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I flipped through the issue, spot read it in places, art looks solid, reactions to issue #1 are good.
    Looking forward to the trade.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

When did Groot start talking normal? I must have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    When did Groot start talking normal? I must have missed it.
    Groot and his speech was restored by the Gardener who was recently freed by Groot.

Last edited by ETMike1988; 01-25-2019 at 08:46 PM.

Astonishing Member

Have to say i have not read that many Guardians of the Galaxy stories before,but i liked this story.
    I will be buying the next issue as well.
    Interesting start for the new Guardians of the Galaxy team.

Is that a new Phyla vell joining the team?

Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz360 View Post
    Is that a new Phyla vell joining the team?
    Alternate reality Phyla-vell. Same with Moondragon (although I didn't remember 616 Moondragon was dead atm).

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    Alternate reality Phyla-vell. Same with Moondragon (although I didn't remember 616 Moondragon was dead atm).
    616 died off panel. adding the alternate version was just a way of reintroducing a revived Phyla.

So I'm watching Wonder Woman on MeTV tonight and a commercial comes on for Cates' Guardians book. That was kind of impressive. If I could find a clip, I'd post it.

Why in the world are the Black Order here again, they're completely doing something else in their own mini unless this is set into the future (in which case, disappointing they went right on back to their usual modus operandi but with a different manager). I'm so confused about multiple comic timelines. Also personally I'd say Thanos' soul is in Eros and he's orchestrating the chaos, but I haven't read the latest issues with Thanos dying etc so if there's context that makes that not possible, then ignore me.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    Also personally I'd say Thanos' soul is in Eros and he's orchestrating the chaos, but I haven't read the latest issues with Thanos dying etc so if there's context that makes that not possible, then ignore me.
    That would explain why he wanted them to kill Gamora first I guess.
    Baby Thanos

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    if the future thanos wins timeline is still existing as a potential future poised to become actuality and is the definitive future then no matter how you twist it king thor is a alternative timeline as Galactus was alive and killed by ego the planet in this timeline instead of thanos. if you accept king thor timeline as the definitive future then the thanos wins timeline is going to be the alternative one. both timelines do not mesh as some events have occurred differently in both the streams so then only one or perhaps none of them or perhaps all of the time streams are the true definitive future timeline however you prefer it. it's all head cannon when it comes to what's a Canon 616 future timeline and what isn't.
    No future timeline story is the definitive future, even if it's stated as such

By definition it's all potential even if it's intended otherwise

Any story could alter it until the current timeline catches up to it and even then it could be changed to having never or now not happen ed

In the end, future story's can be fun, but rarely do they play our especially if they're apocalyptic in nature, no publisher is gonna look off all their main characters permanently if they intend to stay in business or sell them on

But it's fun to speculate

Astonishing Member

Went to get this, saw it was 4.99 so skipped it

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Went to get this, saw it was 4.99 so skipped it
    Aren't all first issues $4.99 now?
    Baby Thanos

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    Aren't all first issues $4.99 now?
    I know. Taking a stand about comics being too expensive...good luck with that.

It's a pricey hobby. There's no way around it. That said, I like the bigger debut issues and don't mind ponying up an extra buck for 'em.

This issue was an especially good one. I think this is going to be a killer run.