Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Can someone help me out... I was out of buying on a regular basis for the last little bit (lotta bit) due to $$$ and going back to school and stuff...

Moondragon.

Is this THE Moondragon? The original 616 Moondragon? I was under the impression she was dead. Maybe I missed a resurrection? When I started collecting again, I took a look to see she hasn't made any regular appearances in almost a decade at this point, so figured that confirmed my thoughts that she was dead. And the way she re-appeared in Infinity Wars... Gamora uses her pimped out sword to cut a slit in reality to peer into the next universe. In the next universe she sees Moondragon and Phyla and specifically states: "especially because Moondragon and Phyla are both dead here, and not by my hand."

So I mean... that kinda sealed the deal for me that she WAS dead. HOWEVER, I got a little confused in later issues, because after that Moondragon invaded her Gamora's mind, she used that reality's Infinity Stones to shoot her and Phyla out of that universe and into 616. When she meets Gamora, Gamora tells her she doesn't belong here, but they seem super familiar, and in issue #6 of Infinity Wars, she sees Drax, calls him Dad, hugs him and says she never thought she'd see him again...

Soooooo....

I'm confused af.

Any Moondragon fans want to help me out lol.

Did Earth-616 Moondragon just end up in a different reality for a bit and now she's back to 616 with a new different universe Phyla? Because Phyla is definitely dead, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Merrik View Post
    Can someone help me out... I was out of buying on a regular basis for the last little bit (lotta bit) due to $$$ and going back to school and stuff...

Moondragon.

Is this THE Moondragon? The original 616 Moondragon? I was under the impression she was dead. Maybe I missed a resurrection? When I started collecting again, I took a look to see she hasn't made any regular appearances in almost a decade at this point, so figured that confirmed my thoughts that she was dead. And the way she re-appeared in Infinity Wars... Gamora uses her pimped out sword to cut a slit in reality to peer into the next universe. In the next universe she sees Moondragon and Phyla and specifically states: "especially because Moondragon and Phyla are both dead here, and not by my hand."

So I mean... that kinda sealed the deal for me that she WAS dead. HOWEVER, I got a little confused in later issues, because after that Moondragon invaded her Gamora's mind, she used that reality's Infinity Stones to shoot her and Phyla out of that universe and into 616. When she meets Gamora, Gamora tells her she doesn't belong here, but they seem super familiar, and in issue #6 of Infinity Wars, she sees Drax, calls him Dad, hugs him and says she never thought she'd see him again...

Soooooo....

I'm confused af.

Any Moondragon fans want to help me out lol.

Did Earth-616 Moondragon just end up in a different reality for a bit and now she's back to 616 with a new different universe Phyla? Because Phyla is definitely dead, correct?
    ... my post is under correction...
    Last edited by ETMike1988; 01-24-2019 at 04:12 AM.

Yeah, that's the page I was quoting in my post, but two issues later she's hugging Earth-616 Drax, saying she never thought she'd see him again and calling him Dad? Also, she seems to at least be familiar with Gamora and Thanos and the whole Marvel cosmic scene in the GotG #1 that just came out yesterday.

And I didn't think she had died off panel. She very much died on panel from what I remember. She was actually a dragon and she got murdered. That was the last I saw of her (as I stopped reading soon after that). She hasn't made any regular appearances in a decade, I highly doubt Marvel would just off Moondragon off panel if she were still alive somewhere, no? Can someone give me THAT rundown because I'm familiar with the last few months, but they're confusing as hell to me at the moment lol.
    Last edited by Merrik; 01-24-2019 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merrik View Post
    Yeah, that's the page I was quoting in my post, but two issues later she's hugging Earth-616 Drax, saying she never thought she'd see him again and calling him Dad? Also, she seems to at least be familiar with Gamora and Thanos and the whole Marvel cosmic scene in the GotG #1 that just came out yesterday.

And I didn't think she had died off panel. She very much died on panel from what I remember. She was actually a dragon and she got murdered. That was the last I saw of her (as I stopped reading soon after that). She hasn't made any regular appearances in a decade, I highly doubt Marvel would just off Moondragon off panel if she were still alive somewhere, no? Can someone give me THAT rundown because I'm familiar with the last few months, but they're confusing as hell to me at the moment lol.
    She was the member of Star-Lord's original GotG. She was last seen alive in Bendis' GotG.

Cates is a conundrum. Sometimes he creates works of sheer genius and creativity, and yet at other times his stories seem highly contrived. I gues there is a good deal of subjectivity in the notion of contrivance, but from my personal perspective I can never be sure if I will enjoy his books.

This story is hinged upon two ideas. A team of convenience, based upon the idea that the Nova Corps would restrict the effectiveness of our protagonists to deal with the major threat being presented. Then, a cosmic love triangle between Thanos, Death and Hela.

The story seems to drag initially, as it info dumps the current situation for new readers, but by the end it feels justified. Indeed by the end this feels firmly in creative genius territory.

A seperate 'can someone help me out?'.

Many posts in this tread seem to suggest Cosmic Ghost Rider is from an alternative universe. That was not the original idea that Cates put forward. He very clearly expressed that his character was in continuity and always a part of the prime universe.

Has anything contradicted this? I haven't read much cosmic stuff recently apart from the frankly convuluted Infinty Wars stuff. Which itself seems to become a little unclear about the Prime Universe. Especially where Loki is concerned.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 01-24-2019 at 05:24 AM.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

As far as I know it has not changed since this tweet:

https://mobile.twitter.com/doncates/...720448?lang=en
    Baby Thanos

Astonishing Member

Can anyone tell me the new team members?

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Can anyone tell me the new team members?
    Starlord. Groot. Beta Ray Bill. CGR. Phyla Vell. Moondragon.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

^ Yeah that seems to be the team by #4 but you never know what stunt Cates is gonna pull.

I tried reading it but you really need to go back and check Infinity Wars which I don't regret since #1-4 were pretty good.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Starlord. Groot. Beta Ray Bill. CGR. Phyla Vell. Moondragon.
    Thanks, not keen on moondragon but love bill and phyla, think I'll get this in trade

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    A seperate 'can someone help me out?'.

Many posts in this tread seem to suggest Cosmic Ghost Rider is from an alternative universe. That was not the original idea that Cates put forward. He very clearly expressed that his character was in continuity and always a part of the prime universe.

Has anything contradicted this? I haven't read much cosmic stuff recently apart from the frankly convuluted Infinty Wars stuff. Which itself seems to become a little unclear about the Prime Universe. Especially where Loki is concerned.
    The problem is CGR is from the future. There is no set future. So he has to be from an alt. Universe else his future is the only future there can be.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    The problem is CGR is from the future. There is no set future. So he has to be from an alt. Universe else his future is the only future there can be.
    Not really. He may be inevitable. That’s not a good reason to claim he is from an alt universe. For example I am sure that Aaron’s Old King Thor will be inevitable because I am positive his Mjölnir will end up looping back to current Thor. (Having been accidentally swapped previously.)

It is clearly different when a character is in a distant future as opposed to a future that continuity might catch up with. Marvel will still be going in a few decades but we are probably safe to assume it won’t be in thousands of years time.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 01-24-2019 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    As far as I know it has not changed since this tweet:

https://mobile.twitter.com/doncates/...720448?lang=en
    Indeed in a detailed interview he was clearly enjoying that he had managed to convince Marvel that the character could be part of mainstream continuity.

Besides, what else can anyone do with the outdated idea that was The Punisher
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 01-24-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    She was the member of Star-Lord's original GotG. She was last seen alive in Bendis' GotG.[/IMG]
    While I'm super thankful because you're the only Moondragon fan that has even attempted to answer my question haha, you're giving me, like, single puzzle pieces for the entire puzzle I've tried searching for info on the character, but everywhere stops mentioning her after a point so there's not a lot out there (which is why I came here).

Okay, so I missed a resurrection then (because I wasn't reading when Bendis wrote GotG). She was killed in Dragon form and brought back. She was last seen alive in Bendis' GotG as part of the Knowhere Corps. Almost ZERO appearances in approximately SIX years prior (maybe this is why I assumed she was still dead... if she wasn't appearing anywhere for over half a decade, it's natural to assume a character might be dead lol).

AFTER that, nothing was done with the character basically until Gamora in Infinity Wars says that she's dead? So she makes a minor appearance in GotG in 2016 and then a few years later she's declared dead?

Okay, NOW I see why you said they must have killed her off panel.

BUT...

If this Moondragon that's appearing now, is a different alternative universe Moondragon, how come she's calling Drax dad and saying things like "I never thought I'd see you again"? And knows about Thanos and Gamora? And seems to know everyone she comes across?

Or if she's not an alternative universe Moondragon, how the hell did she end up in an alternate universe with a different Phyla?

I can't be the only one confused, right?

Just shoddy writing or maybe a plot point coming up?