Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

a series with Emma, Banshee, Chamber, Jubilee, Monet and Husk would definitely sell well if they had a good creative team with Dauterman or another talented artist
    01d4b36c611c530c8b7c7d58004233be.jpg

BANNED

No one bought the recent Generation X despite it being mostly pretty good fun and having nice drama among new and/or young characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    No one bought the recent Generation X despite it being mostly pretty good fun and having nice drama among new and/or young characters.
    We're talking about a real Generation X book, with the 90's cast. Not the weirdo nobodies in that "Generation X".
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Because it was not a "Generation X" book. It was Gen X in name only made up of characters that no one cared about.

Should 616 Blink join up too? Apparently Cable and a circa 2003 team of X-Men saved her from Selene before Necrosha even happened (I wonder if that means she didn't join the DnA New Mutants?)

I'm all for Synch, Maggott, Vincente and Mondo too

You could argue that Chamber, Husk, Skim, and Synch aren't big sellers either so does it really make a difference if the cast is those guys compared to Quentin, Nature Girl, Eye Boy, and Morph? You could also argue that only like 3 X-characters can sell a title anyway, so it depends on how Marvel advertises, hypes, and integrates whichever characters they decide on.

A Gen X book with the old roster wouldn't last long either unless it had a popular creative team or the main books built up sentiment for those characters. Or a movie. That works, too.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

@strong girl daken

yes it absolutely positively makes a huge difference

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    @strong girl daken

yes it absolutely positively makes a huge difference
    It makes a difference to the original Generation X's small fanbase but not to the market.

Underrated book imo, made me care about Eyeboy

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    You could argue that Chamber, Husk, Skim, and Synch aren't big sellers either so does it really make a difference if the cast is those guys compared to Quentin, Nature Girl, Eye Boy, and Morph? You could also argue that only like 3 X-characters can sell a title anyway, so it depends on how Marvel advertises, hypes, and integrates whichever characters they decide on.
    I completely agree

I can't find the data from their 1994 debut, but in 1995, AOA's Generation Next was consistently in the top 10 best selling comics its whole 4 issue run, and post AOA Gen X #5 is still in the top 10 at #7, above Cable, X-Force, Excalibur, and X-Factor(not to mention Amazing Spider-Man, Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman). Even by 2000's issue #61, it's still in the top 20 clearing 50k copies(more than Batman). Suffice to say, the original Generation X was a healthy seller.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member

The originals were nobodies too
    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    We're talking about a real Generation X book, with the 90's cast. Not the weirdo nobodies in that "Generation X".

Astonishing Member

There are about a million factors that could contribute to whether or not a comic book sells well. The writer, the artists, the series concept, the stories, the cast, the zeitgeist of the time when it's released, etc. So, while it's easy to argue that something "wouldn't sell", there's very little guarantee of what will sell or will not.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Easy cause those new characters you mentioned are lame. Yes the original group is far superior in quality of the character and the power set. The omission of Synch was borderline racist in the least . I'm glad the newer release crashed and burned. How they did it was bad karma.