Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Ok I know Spencer has been doing a great job cleaning up Slottīs mess and writing a much better PP/SM, but this, this is the PP/SM Iīve missed for so long.

His voice is spot on, the setting is perfect the art is way better than in Amazing.

Itīs the first time Iīve heard of Taylor but so far he is doing a fantastic job setting the whole thing up.

Iīve heard so many writers saying for the past 10 or so years that they were bringing a more down to earth SM, but end up creating world ending stories.
    This is how you do a smaller scale Spider-Man story.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noronha View Post
    Ok I know Spencer has been doing a great job cleaning up Slottīs mess and writing a much better PP/SM, but this, this is the PP/SM Iīve missed for so long.

His voice is spot on, the setting is perfect the art is way better than in Amazing.

Itīs the first time Iīve heard of Taylor but so far he is doing a fantastic job setting the whole thing up.

Iīve heard so many writers saying for the past 10 or so years that they were bringing a more down to earth SM, but end up creating world ending stories.
    This is how you do a smaller scale Spider-Man story.
    If you like Tom Taylor and happen to be a DC fan, I'd recommend his Injustice: Gods Among Us (he wrote the first two years or so before passing the torch to someone else) and Injustice 2 comic prequels, as well as the Justice League/Power Rangers crossover mini. If you prefer to stick with Marvel, there's All-New Wolverine starring Laura Kinney and Superior Iron Man centering around an AXIS-affected Tony Stark.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Which is ironic if you're familiar with his Invincible work...because that's NOT what it is at all lol.
    i'm familiar enough to know that this is a dip in quality. maybe he needs a new inker.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i'm familiar enough to know that this is a dip in quality. maybe he needs a new inker.
    It's the same guy: Cliff Rathburn.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    It's the same guy: Cliff Rathburn.
    i'm picky about art. this current artist isn't bad. but it's not my cup of tea. too many sharp edges. and the faces are generic as heck.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i'm picky about art. this current artist isn't bad. but it's not my cup of tea. too many sharp edges. and the faces are generic as heck.
    To each their own.
    Ottley has proven himself time and time again on Invincible, but he's just starting his Marvel career. Give him time.

BANNED

I thought this issue was fairly underwhelming, the parts with Johnny were fun, and we saw another new character introduced, but the twist at the end with a certain character was a bit silly

spoilers:
    Peter contacts Johnny to look after the kids. Peter engages in a fight with one of the mobsters from last issue, who is also orange skinned. He nearly brings a building down on a kid but Peter saves him. Peter then meets Detective Sherri Sebbens, who's family he saved from the car crash last issue. Peter travels to a Consulate where he encounters the man again, but he is stopped in his tracks by Marnine, who reveals her true identity is "The Rumor"..she also knows Peter's identity
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 01-23-2019 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I thought this issue was fairly underwhelming, the parts with Johnny were fun, and we saw another new character introduced, but the twist at the end with a certain character was a bit silly
    There goes that beer, lol.
    I actually really enjoyed this, but I think it's because it reminds me of Peter Parker: Spider-Man by Paul Jenkins. Anyone else getting those vibes?

BANNED

There goes that beer, lol.
    I'd have been the designated driver anyway, let you have all the fun

I actually really enjoyed this, but I think it's because it reminds me of Peter Parker: Spider-Man by Paul Jenkins. Anyone else getting those vibes?
    I get it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I'd have been the designated driver anyway, let you have all the fun
    Aw, that's no fun lol

I get it too.
    I knew I wasn't the only one. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved that series with Jenkins' pen (I even made a custom Omnibus of it), but it did go wacky a few times. I hope Taylor doesn't go...wacky.

BANNED

spoilers:
    Is the rumour going to be the love interest of Jonah? both are cranky know Peters secret and want to aid him in crime fighting.
    end of spoilers

Another stellar issu with great art, interesting twist and Taylor is nailing Peter's voice.

I wonder, about that last page reveal...
    spoilers:
    Firstly, how does the Rumor know Peter's secret identity? And was she a superhero from the missing period created by the sliding timescale? Given Marnie's age, she could've been around as early as the 1980s, and of course the Marvel Age is now supposed to have started in 2006. In her youth, considering her choice of codename, I wonder if she would've been similar to DC's Spoiler?
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Yeah, somewhat. That's a pretty good comparison.

So far, I'm definitely digging Taylor's run. It's a solid book. Hope it only continues to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wonder, about that last page reveal...
    spoilers:
    Firstly, how does the Rumor know Peter's secret identity? And was she a superhero from the missing period created by the sliding timescale? Given Marnie's age, she could've been around as early as the 1980s, and of course the Marvel Age is now supposed to have started in 2006. In her youth, considering her choice of codename, I wonder if she would've been similar to DC's Spoiler?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It actually kind of reminded me of what Spencer did in his Ant-Man, with Mary Morgenstern as the older retired Miss Patriot.
    end of spoilers