Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Results 151 to 160 of 160
  1. #151
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    So that's why Nine's suit looks so similar to All For One, made by the same dude. (I'm also only now making the connection remembering that Midoryia is also the 9th One For All inheritor, soooooooo.....)

    It is really good to see all of Class 1A getting a prominent role now.

    I'm also hearing alot of talk from people saying that the movie actually takes place AFTER the events of the most recent villains arc, but I'm not sure if that's been confirmed, or just speculation due to Hawks and Ujiko's appearances (plus Shigaraki rocking a sweet new red jacket). So that'll be a very interesting decision if they do end up going that route, though I'm still not sure considering it may be a bit weird to spoil anime viewers that much.
    Yeah, there's so much stuff that's usually reserved for an anime reveal that it's real tricky to place this arc. If the fourth season ends after the festival arc (which it totally should IMO since it's such a perfect capstone to everything that goes down in the Overhaul arc) then I can see the movie taking place in the period after that arc but before everything that follows it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Edit: Found an upload of the trailer with subtitles. Turns out he's called Nine because holds nine quirks (HMMMM) and supposedly can also steal quirks like All For One.

    Nice find.

    Maybe the original idea with Nine, when this was the series endgame, was that All For One was trying to create a more direct counterpoint to the One For All-users, adding quirks to a person based on how many people One For All had been passed down to. If Nine can steal quirks on his own then that puts a bit of kebosh on that idea though.

  2. #152
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,637

    Default

    Anime: Recap episode! But it's done real nice as the reporter who is our POV character is quite endearing and puts some slightly new context on the series events so far. And I can never complain about seeing the cast in slice of life situations (All Might's experience while shopping being the best part of the episode ). It's also fair to do a bit of a recap since it's been a while since the previous season.

    I smiled all the way through. And I really like the new OP and ED (BABY ERI!!!).

    Manga: Oh my, this is setting up a timeskip. A fairly short one probably, but we're almost defintely getting a timeskip.

    spoilers:
    Shigaraki isn't going after one specific quirk, instead Ujiko is going to operate on him for four months to make him stronger, possibly grafting more quirks to him and generally making him that much more dangerous. The imagery of Shigaraki as a twisted butterfly is stunning and this development makes a lot of sense, and kinda lines up with what we know of the movie and Nine now.

    Endeavor's development is showing as he readily accepts his part in Hawks' message. He'll train all of his new interns personally for the coming battle as Hawks reflects on how well the kids are all growing.

    Then it's a big montage of ALL the kids we know about now and some other characters.

    Tetsutetsu has join Kirishima and Tamaki with Fatgum, which kinda burns out Tamaki. But he'll fine. Probably.

    Ochako, Tsuyu and Nejire are back with Ryukyu, and Ochako has some new upgrades to her outfit, mainly it's new head gear. Looks cool.

    Iida is back with nice guy Manual. I'm glad he went back there, probably because he really respects the guy despite it not being a big agency.

    Jirou and Shoji are with Gang Orca and seem to have already gotten into some action. Lots of sound based abilities in that group.

    Denki, Sero and Mineta along with Ibara are with Edgeshot's new team, since Edgeshot is holding Destro's book some people have already made conspiracy theories about him. Mineta tries to flee away from Mt. Lady. This is quite a varied group.

    A few other teams are Momo and Setsuna in a recommendations duo, Aoyama, Mina and Tooru as a rathe flashy trio, Koda and the Manga-dude from 1B interning with Wash, Ojiro and Sato along with some 1B students interning with a big rocker cat man I guess.

    Monoma is Pony so he's going to teach her a lot more rude things to tell their hated 1A rivals.

    All Might looks real worried. Fuyumi is praying for something. Gran Torino and Tsukuchi might be trying to get information from Kurogiri (I really want to know how they're keeping this guy from just walking out of Tartaros). Eri's horn is glowing so her powers might be activating again. And there's a random shot of a leafless tree, probably to indicate time.
    end of spoilers

    Yeah, I'm really sensing a timeskip here.

  3. #153
    Astonishing Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Manga: Oh my, this is setting up a timeskip. A fairly short one probably, but we're almost defintely getting a timeskip.

    spoilers:
    Shigaraki isn't going after one specific quirk, instead Ujiko is going to operate on him for four months to make him stronger, possibly grafting more quirks to him and generally making him that much more dangerous. The imagery of Shigaraki as a twisted butterfly is stunning and this development makes a lot of sense, and kinda lines up with what we know of the movie and Nine now.

    Endeavor's development is showing as he readily accepts his part in Hawks' message. He'll train all of his new interns personally for the coming battle as Hawks reflects on how well the kids are all growing.

    Then it's a big montage of ALL the kids we know about now and some other characters.

    Tetsutetsu has join Kirishima and Tamaki with Fatgum, which kinda burns out Tamaki. But he'll fine. Probably.

    Ochako, Tsuyu and Nejire are back with Ryukyu, and Ochako has some new upgrades to her outfit, mainly it's new head gear. Looks cool.

    Iida is back with nice guy Manual. I'm glad he went back there, probably because he really respects the guy despite it not being a big agency.

    Jirou and Shoji are with Gang Orca and seem to have already gotten into some action. Lots of sound based abilities in that group.

    Denki, Sero and Mineta along with Ibara are with Edgeshot's new team, since Edgeshot is holding Destro's book some people have already made conspiracy theories about him. Mineta tries to flee away from Mt. Lady. This is quite a varied group.

    A few other teams are Momo and Setsuna in a recommendations duo, Aoyama, Mina and Tooru as a rathe flashy trio, Koda and the Manga-dude from 1B interning with Wash, Ojiro and Sato along with some 1B students interning with a big rocker cat man I guess.

    Monoma is Pony so he's going to teach her a lot more rude things to tell their hated 1A rivals.

    All Might looks real worried. Fuyumi is praying for something. Gran Torino and Tsukuchi might be trying to get information from Kurogiri (I really want to know how they're keeping this guy from just walking out of Tartaros). Eri's horn is glowing so her powers might be activating again. And there's a random shot of a leafless tree, probably to indicate time.
    end of spoilers

    Yeah, I'm really sensing a timeskip here.
    spoilers:
    It looks like Ujiko is essentially gonna transform Shigaraki into an ultimate "High-End" version of himself, just like the one Endeavor fought. I really like the more parallels between Shigaraki and Midroyia, as we see all the damage he's done to his arm after going all-out just once. I also really like getting to hear more about the Doctor's own motivations and why he joined alongside All For One in the first place, that he was the only one who took his "Quirk Singularity" theory seriously (which we all know to be true). Now the big question that caught my attention is when he mentions giving him "One For All." Does this mean that the experiment will imbue Shigaraki with a power similar to One For All, expanding power, stacked quirks, etc. OR, will they be eventually going after Midoryia to get it from him? I'm hoping for the latter as it'll not only be really exciting to see Midoryia directly at the centre of a conflict for once, and not tangentially, and starts to open up the answer of what more people will try to do if they discover the secret.

    That was a really great four-page montage, just simply getting to see where everyone is, all hard at work, with Hawks' own optimistic message how they are the key to everything, is really exciting and moving!

    I don't know how big of a time jump we will get, since I would imagine we'll probably at least get to see some of the training between Endeavor and the kids, just because that seems like something too interesting to turn down. Seeing how his training with Todoroki has changed from the....not so good times, how Bakugo reacts to a teacher like him outside of a school environment, and what exactly Midoryia learns from the techniques. But it does look like the character's are just waiting for the next inciting incident to get everything all started.
    end of spoilers

    As for the anime side, I don't mind getting another recap episode like this, understandable they wanna save some money and resources, especially with a big movie coming too, and just like the pool stuff from Season 3, this was really fun and simple and I'm always for just seeing the characters chill. I'll always take that over JUST showing the old clips straight.
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Sonic The Hedgehog, Absolute Carnage, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man, Gwenpool Strikes Back, Runaways, The White Trees

  4. #154
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    It looks like Ujiko is essentially gonna transform Shigaraki into an ultimate "High-End" version of himself, just like the one Endeavor fought. I really like the more parallels between Shigaraki and Midroyia, as we see all the damage he's done to his arm after going all-out just once. I also really like getting to hear more about the Doctor's own motivations and why he joined alongside All For One in the first place, that he was the only one who took his "Quirk Singularity" theory seriously (which we all know to be true). Now the big question that caught my attention is when he mentions giving him "One For All." Does this mean that the experiment will imbue Shigaraki with a power similar to One For All, expanding power, stacked quirks, etc. OR, will they be eventually going after Midoryia to get it from him? I'm hoping for the latter as it'll not only be really exciting to see Midoryia directly at the centre of a conflict for once, and not tangentially, and starts to open up the answer of what more people will try to do if they discover the secret.
    end of spoilers
    I read it as Ujiko wanting to somehow seize One For All and steal it back from the line of heroes that started with All For One's brother. Even when All For One was around he couldn't just recreate One For All so aiming to take it back make more sense and is probably a more interestnig and dramatic story.

    Upgrading Shigaraki is probably the main goal All For One gave Ujiko's when they started the research with the Nomu's and High-End, to replicate All For One's ability to grant quirks to anybody through science. If he is getting more quirks inserted into him then Shigaraki kinda becomes a twisted short cut version of Deku. Which might've been what Nine was supposed to be when he was supposed to be the end villain. Or at least the whole idea of a villain that Ujiko upgraded with multiple powers similar to the One For All line seems to have been a running idea through Horikoshi's planning. It'll be interesting to see how Nine and Shigaraki compare and differ in terms of abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    I don't know how big of a time jump we will get, since I would imagine we'll probably at least get to see some of the training between Endeavor and the kids, just because that seems like something too interesting to turn down. Seeing how his training with Todoroki has changed from the....not so good times, how Bakugo reacts to a teacher like him outside of a school environment, and what exactly Midoryia learns from the techniques. But it does look like the character's are just waiting for the next inciting incident to get everything all started.
    end of spoilers
    That would be a lot of neat things to unfortunately miss, but a short flashback can probably catch us up on some highlights of all that. Though it's not entirely clear if we're getting a timeskip, or how much the class can evolve in a few months. Either way, things are really exciting now. This arc is going to be nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    As for the anime side, I don't mind getting another recap episode like this, understandable they wanna save some money and resources, especially with a big movie coming too, and just like the pool stuff from Season 3, this was really fun and simple and I'm always for just seeing the characters chill. I'll always take that over JUST showing the old clips straight.
    Slice of life stuff is always fun. But I did prefer the framing device of an outsider looking in over the cast just reminiscing. New perspectives are always nice. And I did note that the animation for even the tiny was really nice and smooth in this first episode.

  5. #155
    Astonishing Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I read it as Ujiko wanting to somehow seize One For All and steal it back from the line of heroes that started with All For One's brother. Even when All For One was around he couldn't just recreate One For All so aiming to take it back make more sense and is probably a more interestnig and dramatic story.

    Upgrading Shigaraki is probably the main goal All For One gave Ujiko's when they started the research with the Nomu's and High-End, to replicate All For One's ability to grant quirks to anybody through science. If he is getting more quirks inserted into him then Shigaraki kinda becomes a twisted short cut version of Deku. Which might've been what Nine was supposed to be when he was supposed to be the end villain. Or at least the whole idea of a villain that Ujiko upgraded with multiple powers similar to the One For All line seems to have been a running idea through Horikoshi's planning. It'll be interesting to see how Nine and Shigaraki compare and differ in terms of abilities.
    Yeah, that's what I think (and am hoping for) too. Since outside of the usual suspects, only he and AFO know of One For All's existence, and him being so scientifically interested in the evolution of quirks, I can see him personally pushing for this project to essentially gain control of it. I'm really liking how basically every season have been exploring new ways to how the concept of controlling multiple quirks and quirk evolution have been impacted and reacted to:

    Season 1: The Nomus, big mindless husks that contain multiple quirks
    Season 2: Shoto Todoroki, bred with the purpose of containing multiple quirks
    Movie 1: The device able to amplify the power of one's quirk + Wolfram himself having multiple
    Season 3: All For One, able to steal and control multiple quirks
    Season 4: Eri being a quirk exception, able to manipulate matter rewinding a person's body.
    Season 5ish: High-End, a Nomu with a personality, and One For All containing previous quirks within it
    Season 6ish: Shigaraki undergoing experimentation to control multiple

    I'm also excited to find out what his plan would be, since Shigaraki and everyone else just see Midoryia as "That kid who always shows up", and how will they react when he turns out to be "Public Enemy #1". And if there's one thing a few chapters ago reminded us, is he's not so good with being the centre of attention.
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Sonic The Hedgehog, Absolute Carnage, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man, Gwenpool Strikes Back, Runaways, The White Trees

  6. #156
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,058

    Default

    Is toga really the most well developed female character in the whole manga?

  7. #157
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Is toga really the most well developed female character in the whole manga?
    She really isn't.

    We know her backstory now, or at least parts of it, and she basically seems to just be crazy and hangs out with Shigaraki's gang because they don't mind that she's crazy and will allow her to keep being crazy.

    Ochako, Momo and Kyoka all have well-written and engaging character arcs with development and room to grow for the future. Heck, I'd argue that even Eri has more character development than Toga. And for being background characters, Inko and Nana are very well developed as well.

  8. #158
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Yeah, that's what I think (and am hoping for) too. Since outside of the usual suspects, only he and AFO know of One For All's existence, and him being so scientifically interested in the evolution of quirks, I can see him personally pushing for this project to essentially gain control of it. I'm really liking how basically every season have been exploring new ways to how the concept of controlling multiple quirks and quirk evolution have been impacted and reacted to:
    That makes me wonder how independent from All For One Ujiko is. Like, he obviously appreciates all the resources he's been given and that he's been allowed to continue the work nobody else believed in, and AFO clearly trusts him enough to let him him in on the One For All secret and letting him help out Shigaraki however he wants. But I wonder if he wouldn't want to keep One For All for his own research.

    Or just in general, is it possible to break Ujiko's loyalty to All For One=
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I'm also excited to find out what his plan would be, since Shigaraki and everyone else just see Midoryia as "That kid who always shows up", and how will they react when he turns out to be "Public Enemy #1". And if there's one thing a few chapters ago reminded us, is he's not so good with being the centre of attention.
    Only if he's asked to talk about himself instead of All Might and hero stuff.

  9. #159
    Astonishing Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    She really isn't.

    We know her backstory now, or at least parts of it, and she basically seems to just be crazy and hangs out with Shigaraki's gang because they don't mind that she's crazy and will allow her to keep being crazy.

    Ochako, Momo and Kyoka all have well-written and engaging character arcs with development and room to grow for the future. Heck, I'd argue that even Eri has more character development than Toga. And for being background characters, Inko and Nana are very well developed as well.
    Yeah, I would only say she's more "well developed" in the sense that we know much more of her backstory than other characters, and that's really just cause we needed to to help with her motivation as a villain. Whereas the rest of the main females don't really need to have their full backstories explained, so most of their development has been just through personal growth through the everyday events, and that's been really effective so far.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That makes me wonder how independent from All For One Ujiko is. Like, he obviously appreciates all the resources he's been given and that he's been allowed to continue the work nobody else believed in, and AFO clearly trusts him enough to let him him in on the One For All secret and letting him help out Shigaraki however he wants. But I wonder if he wouldn't want to keep One For All for his own research.

    Or just in general, is it possible to break Ujiko's loyalty to All For One

    Only if he's asked to talk about himself instead of All Might and hero stuff.
    Currently he seems like the kind of guy who would do whatever AFO wants as long as he gives him some wiggle room to do what he wants, like say to be able to experiment or study OFA first before AFO/Shigaraki needs to use it, etc. And based on what we know, AFO is someone who's known for being pretty compromising in regards to his persons of interest, like through letting Shigaraki grow on his own accord, so I would see him allowing something like that too.

    And true, I mean moreso how pretty much all of his encounters he's been able to get away with them un-expecting him, so how would they or he now react once he's now a direct target or deemed a possible threat.
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Sonic The Hedgehog, Absolute Carnage, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man, Gwenpool Strikes Back, Runaways, The White Trees

  10. #160
    Astonishing Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,715

    Default

    New chapter picks off right after the last one, not too much happened in this, just alot of needed exposition of the characters learning what they'll need to know for the upcoming training.

    spoilers:
    Endeavor asks the kids what they seek to achieve working with him. Midoryia (in his usual hyper over analytic speech) explains how he wants to be able to control both his natural power and harness black whip in the correct way, with Endeavor able to understand and give him advice, as well as commenting on the power's similarity to both All Might's and his own.

    Bakugo talks about how he wants to know about everything he can't already do with his power, so that he can surpass everyone on his own terms.

    Endeavor doesn't ask Todoroki, which annoys him as he wants to be treated like an up-and-coming hero, and not just as his son/successor like he assumed.

    They officially start their training, as he starts to teach them about rescue, evacuation, and suppression, and how they'll ultimately have to be fast enough to deal with everything.

    I really like how this chapter shows the distinction between these three's connection to the original No. 1 hero, and the new one. Where they all looked to All Might as a symbol to be inspired by but not to reach, Endeavor is someone who is much more grounded and reachable, so they're all able to relate to him more. Midoryia through both of their deep knowledge of the nature of quirks and power (with him being the only one to actually understand him clearly) and their own destructive powers that could damage their bodies, Bakugo through their similar goals, ambitious, and tone, one in which he is still trying to discover the perfect balance for, and Todoroki who is trying to step out of his father's shadow who he's spent so long trying to push him in.

    Also the chapter starts with Todoroki's sister again still praying so......that's gotta be somewhat ominous.
    end of spoilers
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Sonic The Hedgehog, Absolute Carnage, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man, Gwenpool Strikes Back, Runaways, The White Trees

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •