Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Got a quick new chapter this week. No chapter next week sadly, but look's like we'll be getting some very juicy drama when it comes back.

spoilers:
    We get an opening title page showing Uraraka and Tsuyu with their internship, highlighting Uraraka's new costume.

The three continue their training as they try to keep up with all the action. Endeavor tells Bakugo he should stop making excuses why he's not fast enough and just try to improve. He tells him and Todoroki to practice storage and releasing their power, and tells Midoryia to practice subconsciously drawing out his maximum available power (using the clever analogy of driving a car). Also get another Shigaraki parallel with them being told to "fail as many times as they need to."

One week later, Endeavor gets a call from Fuyumi to invite everyone over for a dinner.

Funny highlight was Midoryia recognizing a signature of one of Bakugo's moves and him being really annoyed at that. Them all just chilling on the top of a building having their lunch was a nice touch too. And again, next chapter is time for good ol' fashioned family awkwardness again. If somebody doesn't throw a pie I'll be very disappointed.

Also interesting sidenote I noticed other people mentioning. At around this current time would be Todoroki's birthday, so that may be another reason why she's inviting everyone over. And going back a few chapters, Shigaraki's birthday is early April, which would fit in at the same time as the "four month rebirth" they've been teasing. So if these are all intentional, I really like how he's incorporating the character's birthdays into the ongoing plots, which is something I don't really see done in alot of Shonen anime/manga.
    end of spoilers
    That front page is absolutely spectacular. Just classic super hero fanfare. I was honestly a little disappointed that the chapter didn't include Ryukyu's squad after seeing. I hope we get to see what the other groups are doing at some point during the arc.

Yeah, that family + friends dinner can only end up being awkward. And I fear, for Fuyumi's sake, that it's actually going to be worse than that. We've got the only two people besides the Todoroki family who know about the secrets of the Todoroki family having dinner with the Todoroki family, possibly for Shoto's birthday. Worst case scenario might be if Fuyumi aims way too high and gets permission to bring Rei as well (though that seems unlikely). And what are the odds that Endeavor will actually remember Shoto's birthday if that is the case? Probably pretty low.

Extraordinary Member

Latest anime episode does a great job over covering Deku's entire first meeting with Sir Nighteye and has his first run in with Eri as a very effective end credit scene.

There's also a nice little anime exclusive scene with the rest of the class reacting to Deku's internship, Uraraka, Tsuyu, Kirishima and Tokoyami getting internship offers via tired Aizawa and Bakugou being super salty in the background which might be my favourite flavor of Bakugou. Oh yeah, and Hawks gets a super vague early bird (hah!) cameo. It's just a nice little slice of life addition before hell breaks loose.

The book is finally back! And the chapter's about as heavy as we thought.

spoilers:
    Starts with Endeavor reflecting on how he dreams on what he could do for his family, dreaming about them happy together without him.

Midoryia, Bakugo, and Todoroki are rooming with the sidekicks at Endeavor's Agency's dorms and continue their training. At the end of the day, he takes the 3 to their house for Fuyumi's dinner. (Bakugo's completely annoyed why he has to be there as usual)

The dinner goes as well as you expect, with Natuso making a comment about Endeavor's dismissal of his cooking and leaves before things get worse.

As Midoryia & Bakugo help cleaning, Bakugo reveals he knows about their situation due to overhearing their conversation at the Sports Festival.

Fuyumi and Shoto converse with each other over what to do and how they should deal with this, with Bakugo and Midoryia giving their own advice. Bakugo lightens up the mood with his anger, while Midoryia tells Shoto he can tell he's just waiting for the right time to forgive him.

Finally it's revealed the family believes Toya to be dead, with Endeavor blaming himself. (While once again driving in the point that, yep Toya is EXACTLY who we think he is)

Also, with all his dreams and everyone's conversations, I feel like the Endeavor death flag has risen up significantly....
    end of spoilers

New chapter went in a surprising new direction.

spoilers:
    The Todoroki house is stalked by a mysterious masked villain out on parole, when he spots Natsuo.

Fuyumi tells Midoryia and Bakugo about how Natsuo and Toya used to be very close, until he supposedly died around the time their mother was institutionalized. While the rest of the family has been able to move on, Natsuo's never gotten over his father being responsible for his death.

Endeavor and the kids head back to school, with Fuyumi thanking Midoryia for being Shoto's friend. While on the road, they come across the crazy guy who has captured Natsuo, using his quirk to manipulate the road lines on the ground, wrapping him and the car up like bandages.

The villain reveals himself to be named "Ending", and ever since being put away by Endeavor several years ago grew a loving obsession towards him, and tells Endeavor to kill him or he'll kill Natsuo.

We get another really cool character design with Ending, and another extremely cool and unique quirk. We also see him using the Trigger drug, which was last seen during the Overhaul arc and mostly in the Vigilantes spin-off, so that's a good use of bringing it back.

We see Bakugo once again getting into a spat with another of Endeavor's workers, their driver who is also a crazy loud screamer. Also love him asking Fuyumi for the good recipe (remember he's a pretty decent cook)

Will be very interested to see how Endeavor reacts to this situation, I've seen alot of theories that he actually will kill him to save Natsuo, but I don't feel like they'll go that far. I think this'll be the instance where Midoryia, Bakugo, and Todoroki jump into the frey to fight and Ending will be the villain they beat faster than him. Maybe this'll also be when Midoryia is able to subconsciously activate black whip, to either capture Ending or save Natsuo.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I thought for sure that we were just going to get some more awkward conversations and a Toya-related flashback. But his turned real serious real fast.

spoilers:
    I agree that this is probably the villain that our year 1 big three are going to capture before Endeavor who might be too emotionally pre-occupied with everything going on.

With how Ending is ranting about wanting Endeavor to kill him we might get some parallels between this situation and how Toya might've "died" because of Endeavor.

Depending on how this situation evolves I'm hoping that it doesn't make Natsuo simply forgive his father for everything. Maybe just have him acknowledge that Enji is trying to change but that it's not enough yet.

And Bakugo's background commentary has been a lot of fun these last few chapter.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Yeah, I thought for sure that we were just going to get some more awkward conversations and a Toya-related flashback. But his turned real serious real fast.

spoilers:
    I agree that this is probably the villain that our year 1 big three are going to capture before Endeavor who might be too emotionally pre-occupied with everything going on.

With how Ending is ranting about wanting Endeavor to kill him we might get some parallels between this situation and how Toya might've "died" because of Endeavor.

Depending on how this situation evolves I'm hoping that it doesn't make Natsuo simply forgive his father for everything. Maybe just have him acknowledge that Enji is trying to change but that it's not enough yet.

And Bakugo's background commentary has been a lot of fun these last few chapter.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I know there's alot of people who keep expecting Dabi to show up and the revelation to immeadately, but I feel like with how much of a slow burn (lol) it's already been, they're gonna wait for the proper moment to bring him back into play, and him just showing up at their house all of a sudden feels a bit farfetched,

I do really hope it goes that way, because it'll also help to tackle the idea that's been subtly presenting itself throughout the story about the struggle between superheroing and parenting, and that it feels like Endeavor may end up learning the hard way he can't be #1 at both and at some point must choose. We have already seen what happens to people like Kota and Shigaraki's father when their parents (despite the noble intentions) choose heroing over family.

Following with what I've seen alot of others theorize, what it seems like is after Rei went to the hospital, Toya either tried to step up, or was forced to step up by Endeavor, to restart his training which went too far and resulted in him "supposedly" cremating himself with his fire ("Dabi" means cremation).

And I agree, I hope this isn't just the easy way of putting Natsuo on the "good side" towards forgiving him faster, but I do think it won't be that easy. Based on other comments elsewhere from people, I did notice that Natsuo never refers to him as "Enji" or "dad", just "Endeavor", and even when he's captured just calls out "Endeavor", so I think in this case we may seem him getting closer to Shoto's side at least, recognizing the work he does as a hero a bit more, but still not using that as a reason to make up for everything else that was done.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I know there's alot of people who keep expecting Dabi to show up and the revelation to immeadately, but I feel like with how much of a slow burn (lol) it's already been, they're gonna wait for the proper moment to bring him back into play, and him just showing up at their house all of a sudden feels a bit farfetched,

I do really hope it goes that way, because it'll also help to tackle the idea that's been subtly presenting itself throughout the story about the struggle between superheroing and parenting, and that it feels like Endeavor may end up learning the hard way he can't be #1 at both and at some point must choose. We have already seen what happens to people like Kota and Shigaraki's father when their parents (despite the noble intentions) choose heroing over family.

Following with what I've seen alot of others theorize, what it seems like is after Rei went to the hospital, Toya either tried to step up, or was forced to step up by Endeavor, to restart his training which went too far and resulted in him "supposedly" cremating himself with his fire ("Dabi" means cremation).

And I agree, I hope this isn't just the easy way of putting Natsuo on the "good side" towards forgiving him faster, but I do think it won't be that easy. Based on other comments elsewhere from people, I did notice that Natsuo never refers to him as "Enji" or "dad", just "Endeavor", and even when he's captured just calls out "Endeavor", so I think in this case we may seem him getting closer to Shoto's side at least, recognizing the work he does as a hero a bit more, but still not using that as a reason to make up for everything else that was done.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, Dabi ain't gonna show up yet. We've still gotta get a flashback to whatever happened with Toya and get told he got killed and everything. Dabi is totally still chilling with his crew and waiting for his moment. But mainly, there's still so much we don't know about the Toya-situation yet. We've been told a few things about him and seen a few panels of him and that's it. And considering the slow burn of this particular storyline, it's probably still going to be a while before the connection is made.

Good pickup about the parenting vs. heroing bit. It is true that all the situations with hero parents haven't exactly ended up great, with Mandalay being the closest thing to making it work for now. The difference between Endeavor and Water Hose is that he has seen what his ambitions as a hero have lead to and he has the possibility to make things better. He just doesn't know how since he screwed things up so horribly of his own accord.

There are several ways the situation could develop, both the immediate hostage part and Natsuo's reaction. I'm thinking that Endeavor will screw up at some point because Ending threatens Natsuo, and that leaves him open to get struck down. At which point our trouble trio manages to save the day. Or maybe Endeavor does save Natsuo but he beats down Ending so violently that Natsuo and Shoto are reminded of how bad he used to treat them. Either way, as long as we're only taking teeny little baby steps towards forgiving Endeavor I'll probably be cool with this.

Yeah, Dabi ain't gonna show up yet. We've still gotta get a flashback to whatever happened with Toya and get told he got killed and everything. Dabi is totally still chilling with his crew and waiting for his moment. But mainly, there's still so much we don't know about the Toya-situation yet. We've been told a few things about him and seen a few panels of him and that's it. And considering the slow burn of this particular storyline, it's probably still going to be a while before the connection is made.

Good pickup about the parenting vs. heroing bit. It is true that all the situations with hero parents haven't exactly ended up great, with Mandalay being the closest thing to making it work for now. The difference between Endeavor and Water Hose is that he has seen what his ambitions as a hero have lead to and he has the possibility to make things better. He just doesn't know how since he screwed things up so horribly of his own accord.

There are several ways the situation could develop, both the immediate hostage part and Natsuo's reaction. I'm thinking that Endeavor will screw up at some point because Ending threatens Natsuo, and that leaves him open to get struck down. At which point our trouble trio manages to save the day. Or maybe Endeavor does save Natsuo but he beats down Ending so violently that Natsuo and Shoto are reminded of how bad he used to treat them. Either way, as long as we're only taking teeny little baby steps towards forgiving Endeavor I'll probably be cool with this.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Dabi doesn't actually show up until Shigaraki's "rebirth", just because based on what we know regarding the Villains' plans, they don't really have a reason to go out and make a scene currently. I also don't know what's more likely, a flashback that directly leads into the Dabi reveal, or the reveal immediately followed by the flashbacks.

I really hope we get to hear Dabi repeating something similar to what Shigaraki's dad said, "Heroes are people who hurt their own families, only to help complete strangers", because this is exactly something that he would feel, and would connect him back to Shigaraki, where even though they don't talk much with each other, they do have very similar backgrounds.

I do think, especially with everything we've got of his work recently, there needs to be some "cost" he has to face for it to be most effective. I feel it will be a bit disappointing if he ends up being able to dispatch Ending with no real struggle. Either he hesitates and is unable to find an opening, leading to the kids stepping in to beat him, he actually does kill him, resulting in everyone else being conflicted, or he ends up defeating Ending in a well-intentioned manner, but still making a mistake, like say inadvertently injuring Natsuo, or like you mentioned, goes too far with a beatdown. If I had to predict, I'd say the former is most likely, just because they've been doing everything they can to make him redeemable, so they may want to avoid any other questionable decisions to not muddy the waters as much, whereas the kids stepping in helps keeps his hands clean of trouble, and pays off the "beat a villain faster than me" thread that's been in these past few chapters.

Extraordinary Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Dabi doesn't actually show up until Shigaraki's "rebirth", just because based on what we know regarding the Villains' plans, they don't really have a reason to go out and make a scene currently. I also don't know what's more likely, a flashback that directly leads into the Dabi reveal, or the reveal immediately followed by the flashbacks.

I really hope we get to hear Dabi repeating something similar to what Shigaraki's dad said, "Heroes are people who hurt their own families, only to help complete strangers", because this is exactly something that he would feel, and would connect him back to Shigaraki, where even though they don't talk much with each other, they do have very similar backgrounds.

I do think, especially with everything we've got of his work recently, there needs to be some "cost" he has to face for it to be most effective. I feel it will be a bit disappointing if he ends up being able to dispatch Ending with no real struggle. Either he hesitates and is unable to find an opening, leading to the kids stepping in to beat him, he actually does kill him, resulting in everyone else being conflicted, or he ends up defeating Ending in a well-intentioned manner, but still making a mistake, like say inadvertently injuring Natsuo, or like you mentioned, goes too far with a beatdown. If I had to predict, I'd say the former is most likely, just because they've been doing everything they can to make him redeemable, so they may want to avoid any other questionable decisions to not muddy the waters as much, whereas the kids stepping in helps keeps his hands clean of trouble, and pays off the "beat a villain faster than me" thread that's been in these past few chapters.
    I do wonder if Dabi has yet to share anything with Shigaraki. He does seem to be 100% onboard with the league's goals and ambitions, but he still isn't as chummy with the group as some of the other members and we know he keeps such a tight lock on his past that even the liberation army couldn't find anything about him besides "You're the dude the murders people with your blue fire." So it's a bit iffy if he'd share any of it with his current crew. Maybe he and Shigaraki could become closer if they just had a little talk.

Ending is also a wild card in this scenario, at least right now. His motivation being to die at Endeavor's hands, I can't see him making it easy for Endeavor to just take him in, despite the control Endeavor has displayed as a hero. Ending seems especially unhinged and determined, so if he manages to goad Endeavor into breaking some rules or going to far, at least part of it will be Ending's fault and that might gel a bit more with making Endeavor seem redeemable.

I do wonder if Dabi has yet to share anything with Shigaraki. He does seem to be 100% onboard with the league's goals and ambitions, but he still isn't as chummy with the group as some of the other members and we know he keeps such a tight lock on his past that even the liberation army couldn't find anything about him besides "You're the dude the murders people with your blue fire." So it's a bit iffy if he'd share any of it with his current crew. Maybe he and Shigaraki could become closer if they just had a little talk.

Ending is also a wild card in this scenario, at least right now. His motivation being to die at Endeavor's hands, I can't see him making it easy for Endeavor to just take him in, despite the control Endeavor has displayed as a hero. Ending seems especially unhinged and determined, so if he manages to goad Endeavor into breaking some rules or going to far, at least part of it will be Ending's fault and that might gel a bit more with making Endeavor seem redeemable.
    Yeah, I doubt he's said anything about his past/real name to them yet. He's keeping it all close to the vest until "the time is right". So I can imagine his big "Hey guess what imma Todoroki!" moment will be apart of some plan rather than just casually mentioning it elsewhere. It would be cool to see him and Shigaraki converse more since they share alot of parallels between Midoryia and Shoto.

I think it would be interesting to see the public's reaction to a hero killing a villain, just because no matter what the intention, there hasn't really been a precedent to a hero taking someone's life. Could even see that leading to the creation of an Anti-Stain, a vigilante that kills villains rather than "false heroes" (basically the true Punisher of the MHA world). I would most love to see Bakugo's reaction to this, because even despite his "DIES" and "ILL KILL YOUS", he seems like someone who would be completely against murder in any capacity, so I'd really like to see his response to a hero killing someone, or just someone dying in front of him.

ALSO. The cover for Volume 25, "Tomoura Shigaraki: Origin" has been released, and it looks mmmmmmmmmm good!

Volume_25.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I doubt he's said anything about his past/real name to them yet. He's keeping it all close to the vest until "the time is right". So I can imagine his big "Hey guess what imma Todoroki!" moment will be apart of some plan rather than just casually mentioning it elsewhere. It would be cool to see him and Shigaraki converse more since they share alot of parallels between Midoryia and Shoto.

I think it would be interesting to see the public's reaction to a hero killing a villain, just because no matter what the intention, there hasn't really been a precedent to a hero taking someone's life. Could even see that leading to the creation of an Anti-Stain, a vigilante that kills villains rather than "false heroes" (basically the true Punisher of the MHA world). I would most love to see Bakugo's reaction to this, because even despite his "DIES" and "ILL KILL YOUS", he seems like someone who would be completely against murder in any capacity, so I'd really like to see his response to a hero killing someone, or just someone dying in front of him.
    I would love to see a kinda lowkey bonding moment between Dabi and Shigaraki. Like, the big plan is going down and Dabi just revealed Endeavor's abuse on a national level and society is in panic mode.

S: Huh, so you hate your father.
    D: He's the worst and left me to rot, so yeah. I hate him.
    S: Then we have more in common than either of us thought.
    D: ...?
    S: So you want to ruin him and his world, correct?
    D: That's basically why I joined up with you.
    S: Cool, we can work with that.
    D: ...you're too kind dear leader.
    S: Thank you. Let's hang out a bit after this is all said and done.

Endeavor is such a straight shooter though, so even if he did end up killing Ending I think that he'd just turn himself in. But yeah, a Punisher type character would be interesting in MHA. Though I feel like that kind of story would fit in the Vigilante series more.
    ALSO. The cover for Volume 25, "Tomoura Shigaraki: Origin" has been released, and it looks mmmmmmmmmm good!

Volume_25.jpg
    Aww, such a happy and self-realised boy...who's cover in the blood of his enemies.

Pretty sure Horikoshi could be a good horror artist.

Another short, but effective, chapter, and yeah I called this happening.

spoilers:
    Ending taunts Endeavor to kill him, with Bakugo, Midoryia, and Todoroki breaking out of their car, quickly suiting up, and heading right for Ending.

Endeavor tries to take advantage of the distraction, but seeing Natsuo causes him to hesitate. Bakugo very quickly snatches up Natsuo away from Ending, Midoryia is able to successfully utilize a powerful black whip to rescue all the falling cars around them, and Todoroki executes his flash fire fist to knock out Ending.

Ends with Endeavor cradling Bakugo and Natsuo, remarking to himself just how much the 3 have improved in just "One Week" (title drop)

I did like even though they went with the "kids save the day" answer, they do provide some extra questions regarding the ethics of the other option. Ending mentioning how even though heroes don't kill, Endeavor's killed Nomus before, and Ending sees himself as nothing more than a lifeless husk like them, so why can't he be killed? It is an interesting question and I hope this topic gets revisited sometime in the future.

I loved really getting to see how much the three have quickly grown into working as a team so fluently. Bakugo (who once may have tried to take the kill shot for himself), instead gets to show off his real strength, his speed he's been whining about this whole time, easily rescuing Natsuo. Todoroki uses his strength in creating the pinpoint attack for most effectiveness, perfectly executed as the flashfire fist he's been working on this whole time. And Midoryia, who takes the subconscious advice using a fully powered black whip to protect the endangered civilians, his own strength. (I jumped at this part!)
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Another short, but effective, chapter, and yeah I called this happening.

spoilers:
    Ending taunts Endeavor to kill him, with Bakugo, Midoryia, and Todoroki breaking out of their car, quickly suiting up, and heading right for Ending.

Endeavor tries to take advantage of the distraction, but seeing Natsuo causes him to hesitate. Bakugo very quickly snatches up Natsuo away from Ending, Midoryia is able to successfully utilize a powerful black whip to rescue all the falling cars around them, and Todoroki executes his flash fire fist to knock out Ending.

Ends with Endeavor cradling Bakugo and Natsuo, remarking to himself just how much the 3 have improved in just "One Week" (title drop)

I did like even though they went with the "kids save the day" answer, they do provide some extra questions regarding the ethics of the other option. Ending mentioning how even though heroes don't kill, Endeavor's killed Nomus before, and Ending sees himself as nothing more than a lifeless husk like them, so why can't he be killed? It is an interesting question and I hope this topic gets revisited sometime in the future.

I loved really getting to see how much the three have quickly grown into working as a team so fluently. Bakugo (who once may have tried to take the kill shot for himself), instead gets to show off his real strength, his speed he's been whining about this whole time, easily rescuing Natsuo. Todoroki uses his strength in creating the pinpoint attack for most effectiveness, perfectly executed as the flashfire fist he's been working on this whole time. And Midoryia, who takes the subconscious advice using a fully powered black whip to protect the endangered civilians, his own strength. (I jumped at this part!)
    end of spoilers
    That went by quicker than I thought it would, which is probably good for the narrative. And the action scenes are great and I can't wait until the anime gets to this part and hopefully goes ham on the animation for it.

spoilers:
    I was a little surprised that they brought up the bit about Endeavor killing Nomus since it only happened in the anime, and Horikoshi has said that they anime team were pretty much entirely responsible for that scene which inspired him to write the High-End fight. It's just nice to see the manga reference an anime exclusive scene as a important plot point.

The discussion about whether heroes should kill has become quite central to superhero fiction, so I imagine that it'll get brought up again sooner or later, and I look forward to seeing Horikoshi's take on it.

Bakugo going for the save over the chance to display his own power and greatness is good, and the move he used looked really freaking fast. Like, great art on that.

Shoto being able to use his fire for both a solid defense and a quick finishing attack made smile so much. He's really making that part of his quirk into his own.

And yeah, Deku's display was the most impressive and satisfying one of the three if you ask me. Going from a tiny trickle to a large webbing of black tendrils that catches multiple cars filled with civilians in just one week is such fantastic progress. I really hope that he gets some solid recognition in the news for this.

It'll be interesting to see how Natsuo reacts to Endeavor's hesitation and how this whole thing was resolved.
    end of spoilers

That went by quicker than I thought it would, which is probably good for the narrative. And the action scenes are great and I can't wait until the anime gets to this part and hopefully goes ham on the animation for it.

spoilers:
    I was a little surprised that they brought up the bit about Endeavor killing Nomus since it only happened in the anime, and Horikoshi has said that they anime team were pretty much entirely responsible for that scene which inspired him to write the High-End fight. It's just nice to see the manga reference an anime exclusive scene as a important plot point.

The discussion about whether heroes should kill has become quite central to superhero fiction, so I imagine that it'll get brought up again sooner or later, and I look forward to seeing Horikoshi's take on it.

Bakugo going for the save over the chance to display his own power and greatness is good, and the move he used looked really freaking fast. Like, great art on that.

Shoto being able to use his fire for both a solid defense and a quick finishing attack made smile so much. He's really making that part of his quirk into his own.

And yeah, Deku's display was the most impressive and satisfying one of the three if you ask me. Going from a tiny trickle to a large webbing of black tendrils that catches multiple cars filled with civilians in just one week is such fantastic progress. I really hope that he gets some solid recognition in the news for this.

It'll be interesting to see how Natsuo reacts to Endeavor's hesitation and how this whole thing was resolved.
    end of spoilers
    Too bad we gotta wait until Season 6 to see all of this animated lol

spoilers:
    I actually completely forgot that scene was anime exclusive, which is really interesting and also highlights the increasing anime/manga synergy that's been going on between the two. At this point it feels like the anime is the "main canon" for the story, with all the manga moments skipped over as just "supplementary canon".

I'm most excited to see what this means for Midoryia now. How much is he able to easily control black whip at this point, and does this mean we'll be getting the next quirk popping up sometime soon? I can see that bringing up some other major questions from Todoroki and Endeavor if another new power ends up emerging itself in front of them.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Too bad we gotta wait until Season 6 to see all of this animated lol

spoilers:
    I actually completely forgot that scene was anime exclusive, which is really interesting and also highlights the increasing anime/manga synergy that's been going on between the two. At this point it feels like the anime is the "main canon" for the story, with all the manga moments skipped over as just "supplementary canon".

I'm most excited to see what this means for Midoryia now. How much is he able to easily control black whip at this point, and does this mean we'll be getting the next quirk popping up sometime soon? I can see that bringing up some other major questions from Todoroki and Endeavor if another new power ends up emerging itself in front of them.
    end of spoilers
    I'm still thinking that they can get this into season 5.

Here's how I'm picturing it:
    Season 4: Overhaul arc + School Festival arc
    Season 5: Pro Hero Arc + Final Exam Arc + My Villain Academia arc and finish with this Intern arc (it would be weird to finish the season with the villains).

Catching several cars in middair and safely placing them back on the ground is already a rather complex feat, so I really hope we're sticking with that level of skill and power at the very least. I don't think we'll see the next quirk appear for a bit. It'll most likely require some extreme situation, or maybe Deku will try to contact the vestiges and bring it out by himself.