Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    So that's why Nine's suit looks so similar to All For One, made by the same dude. (I'm also only now making the connection remembering that Midoryia is also the 9th One For All inheritor, soooooooo.....)

It is really good to see all of Class 1A getting a prominent role now.

I'm also hearing alot of talk from people saying that the movie actually takes place AFTER the events of the most recent villains arc, but I'm not sure if that's been confirmed, or just speculation due to Hawks and Ujiko's appearances (plus Shigaraki rocking a sweet new red jacket). So that'll be a very interesting decision if they do end up going that route, though I'm still not sure considering it may be a bit weird to spoil anime viewers that much.
    Yeah, there's so much stuff that's usually reserved for an anime reveal that it's real tricky to place this arc. If the fourth season ends after the festival arc (which it totally should IMO since it's such a perfect capstone to everything that goes down in the Overhaul arc) then I can see the movie taking place in the period after that arc but before everything that follows it.
    Edit: Found an upload of the trailer with subtitles. Turns out he's called Nine because holds nine quirks (HMMMM) and supposedly can also steal quirks like All For One.

Nice find.

Maybe the original idea with Nine, when this was the series endgame, was that All For One was trying to create a more direct counterpoint to the One For All-users, adding quirks to a person based on how many people One For All had been passed down to. If Nine can steal quirks on his own then that puts a bit of kebosh on that idea though.

Extraordinary Member

Anime: Recap episode! But it's done real nice as the reporter who is our POV character is quite endearing and puts some slightly new context on the series events so far. And I can never complain about seeing the cast in slice of life situations (All Might's experience while shopping being the best part of the episode ). It's also fair to do a bit of a recap since it's been a while since the previous season.

I smiled all the way through. And I really like the new OP and ED (BABY ERI!!!).

Manga: Oh my, this is setting up a timeskip. A fairly short one probably, but we're almost defintely getting a timeskip.

spoilers:
    Shigaraki isn't going after one specific quirk, instead Ujiko is going to operate on him for four months to make him stronger, possibly grafting more quirks to him and generally making him that much more dangerous. The imagery of Shigaraki as a twisted butterfly is stunning and this development makes a lot of sense, and kinda lines up with what we know of the movie and Nine now.

Endeavor's development is showing as he readily accepts his part in Hawks' message. He'll train all of his new interns personally for the coming battle as Hawks reflects on how well the kids are all growing.

Then it's a big montage of ALL the kids we know about now and some other characters.

Tetsutetsu has join Kirishima and Tamaki with Fatgum, which kinda burns out Tamaki. But he'll fine. Probably.

Ochako, Tsuyu and Nejire are back with Ryukyu, and Ochako has some new upgrades to her outfit, mainly it's new head gear. Looks cool.

Iida is back with nice guy Manual. I'm glad he went back there, probably because he really respects the guy despite it not being a big agency.

Jirou and Shoji are with Gang Orca and seem to have already gotten into some action. Lots of sound based abilities in that group.

Denki, Sero and Mineta along with Ibara are with Edgeshot's new team, since Edgeshot is holding Destro's book some people have already made conspiracy theories about him. Mineta tries to flee away from Mt. Lady. This is quite a varied group.

A few other teams are Momo and Setsuna in a recommendations duo, Aoyama, Mina and Tooru as a rathe flashy trio, Koda and the Manga-dude from 1B interning with Wash, Ojiro and Sato along with some 1B students interning with a big rocker cat man I guess.

Monoma is Pony so he's going to teach her a lot more rude things to tell their hated 1A rivals.

All Might looks real worried. Fuyumi is praying for something. Gran Torino and Tsukuchi might be trying to get information from Kurogiri (I really want to know how they're keeping this guy from just walking out of Tartaros). Eri's horn is glowing so her powers might be activating again. And there's a random shot of a leafless tree, probably to indicate time.
    end of spoilers

Yeah, I'm really sensing a timeskip here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Manga: Oh my, this is setting up a timeskip. A fairly short one probably, but we're almost defintely getting a timeskip.

spoilers:
    Shigaraki isn't going after one specific quirk, instead Ujiko is going to operate on him for four months to make him stronger, possibly grafting more quirks to him and generally making him that much more dangerous. The imagery of Shigaraki as a twisted butterfly is stunning and this development makes a lot of sense, and kinda lines up with what we know of the movie and Nine now.

Endeavor's development is showing as he readily accepts his part in Hawks' message. He'll train all of his new interns personally for the coming battle as Hawks reflects on how well the kids are all growing.

Then it's a big montage of ALL the kids we know about now and some other characters.

Tetsutetsu has join Kirishima and Tamaki with Fatgum, which kinda burns out Tamaki. But he'll fine. Probably.

Ochako, Tsuyu and Nejire are back with Ryukyu, and Ochako has some new upgrades to her outfit, mainly it's new head gear. Looks cool.

Iida is back with nice guy Manual. I'm glad he went back there, probably because he really respects the guy despite it not being a big agency.

Jirou and Shoji are with Gang Orca and seem to have already gotten into some action. Lots of sound based abilities in that group.

Denki, Sero and Mineta along with Ibara are with Edgeshot's new team, since Edgeshot is holding Destro's book some people have already made conspiracy theories about him. Mineta tries to flee away from Mt. Lady. This is quite a varied group.

A few other teams are Momo and Setsuna in a recommendations duo, Aoyama, Mina and Tooru as a rathe flashy trio, Koda and the Manga-dude from 1B interning with Wash, Ojiro and Sato along with some 1B students interning with a big rocker cat man I guess.

Monoma is Pony so he's going to teach her a lot more rude things to tell their hated 1A rivals.

All Might looks real worried. Fuyumi is praying for something. Gran Torino and Tsukuchi might be trying to get information from Kurogiri (I really want to know how they're keeping this guy from just walking out of Tartaros). Eri's horn is glowing so her powers might be activating again. And there's a random shot of a leafless tree, probably to indicate time.
    end of spoilers

Yeah, I'm really sensing a timeskip here.
    spoilers:
    It looks like Ujiko is essentially gonna transform Shigaraki into an ultimate "High-End" version of himself, just like the one Endeavor fought. I really like the more parallels between Shigaraki and Midroyia, as we see all the damage he's done to his arm after going all-out just once. I also really like getting to hear more about the Doctor's own motivations and why he joined alongside All For One in the first place, that he was the only one who took his "Quirk Singularity" theory seriously (which we all know to be true). Now the big question that caught my attention is when he mentions giving him "One For All." Does this mean that the experiment will imbue Shigaraki with a power similar to One For All, expanding power, stacked quirks, etc. OR, will they be eventually going after Midoryia to get it from him? I'm hoping for the latter as it'll not only be really exciting to see Midoryia directly at the centre of a conflict for once, and not tangentially, and starts to open up the answer of what more people will try to do if they discover the secret.

That was a really great four-page montage, just simply getting to see where everyone is, all hard at work, with Hawks' own optimistic message how they are the key to everything, is really exciting and moving!

I don't know how big of a time jump we will get, since I would imagine we'll probably at least get to see some of the training between Endeavor and the kids, just because that seems like something too interesting to turn down. Seeing how his training with Todoroki has changed from the....not so good times, how Bakugo reacts to a teacher like him outside of a school environment, and what exactly Midoryia learns from the techniques. But it does look like the character's are just waiting for the next inciting incident to get everything all started.
    end of spoilers

As for the anime side, I don't mind getting another recap episode like this, understandable they wanna save some money and resources, especially with a big movie coming too, and just like the pool stuff from Season 3, this was really fun and simple and I'm always for just seeing the characters chill. I'll always take that over JUST showing the old clips straight.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    It looks like Ujiko is essentially gonna transform Shigaraki into an ultimate "High-End" version of himself, just like the one Endeavor fought. I really like the more parallels between Shigaraki and Midroyia, as we see all the damage he's done to his arm after going all-out just once. I also really like getting to hear more about the Doctor's own motivations and why he joined alongside All For One in the first place, that he was the only one who took his "Quirk Singularity" theory seriously (which we all know to be true). Now the big question that caught my attention is when he mentions giving him "One For All." Does this mean that the experiment will imbue Shigaraki with a power similar to One For All, expanding power, stacked quirks, etc. OR, will they be eventually going after Midoryia to get it from him? I'm hoping for the latter as it'll not only be really exciting to see Midoryia directly at the centre of a conflict for once, and not tangentially, and starts to open up the answer of what more people will try to do if they discover the secret.
    end of spoilers
    I read it as Ujiko wanting to somehow seize One For All and steal it back from the line of heroes that started with All For One's brother. Even when All For One was around he couldn't just recreate One For All so aiming to take it back make more sense and is probably a more interestnig and dramatic story.

Upgrading Shigaraki is probably the main goal All For One gave Ujiko's when they started the research with the Nomu's and High-End, to replicate All For One's ability to grant quirks to anybody through science. If he is getting more quirks inserted into him then Shigaraki kinda becomes a twisted short cut version of Deku. Which might've been what Nine was supposed to be when he was supposed to be the end villain. Or at least the whole idea of a villain that Ujiko upgraded with multiple powers similar to the One For All line seems to have been a running idea through Horikoshi's planning. It'll be interesting to see how Nine and Shigaraki compare and differ in terms of abilities.
    spoilers:
    I don't know how big of a time jump we will get, since I would imagine we'll probably at least get to see some of the training between Endeavor and the kids, just because that seems like something too interesting to turn down. Seeing how his training with Todoroki has changed from the....not so good times, how Bakugo reacts to a teacher like him outside of a school environment, and what exactly Midoryia learns from the techniques. But it does look like the character's are just waiting for the next inciting incident to get everything all started.
    end of spoilers
    That would be a lot of neat things to unfortunately miss, but a short flashback can probably catch us up on some highlights of all that. Though it's not entirely clear if we're getting a timeskip, or how much the class can evolve in a few months. Either way, things are really exciting now. This arc is going to be nuts.
    As for the anime side, I don't mind getting another recap episode like this, understandable they wanna save some money and resources, especially with a big movie coming too, and just like the pool stuff from Season 3, this was really fun and simple and I'm always for just seeing the characters chill. I'll always take that over JUST showing the old clips straight.
    Slice of life stuff is always fun. But I did prefer the framing device of an outsider looking in over the cast just reminiscing. New perspectives are always nice. And I did note that the animation for even the tiny was really nice and smooth in this first episode.

I read it as Ujiko wanting to somehow seize One For All and steal it back from the line of heroes that started with All For One's brother. Even when All For One was around he couldn't just recreate One For All so aiming to take it back make more sense and is probably a more interestnig and dramatic story.

Upgrading Shigaraki is probably the main goal All For One gave Ujiko's when they started the research with the Nomu's and High-End, to replicate All For One's ability to grant quirks to anybody through science. If he is getting more quirks inserted into him then Shigaraki kinda becomes a twisted short cut version of Deku. Which might've been what Nine was supposed to be when he was supposed to be the end villain. Or at least the whole idea of a villain that Ujiko upgraded with multiple powers similar to the One For All line seems to have been a running idea through Horikoshi's planning. It'll be interesting to see how Nine and Shigaraki compare and differ in terms of abilities.
    Yeah, that's what I think (and am hoping for) too. Since outside of the usual suspects, only he and AFO know of One For All's existence, and him being so scientifically interested in the evolution of quirks, I can see him personally pushing for this project to essentially gain control of it. I'm really liking how basically every season have been exploring new ways to how the concept of controlling multiple quirks and quirk evolution have been impacted and reacted to:

Season 1: The Nomus, big mindless husks that contain multiple quirks
    Season 2: Shoto Todoroki, bred with the purpose of containing multiple quirks
    Movie 1: The device able to amplify the power of one's quirk + Wolfram himself having multiple
    Season 3: All For One, able to steal and control multiple quirks
    Season 4: Eri being a quirk exception, able to manipulate matter rewinding a person's body.
    Season 5ish: High-End, a Nomu with a personality, and One For All containing previous quirks within it
    Season 6ish: Shigaraki undergoing experimentation to control multiple

I'm also excited to find out what his plan would be, since Shigaraki and everyone else just see Midoryia as "That kid who always shows up", and how will they react when he turns out to be "Public Enemy #1". And if there's one thing a few chapters ago reminded us, is he's not so good with being the centre of attention.

Extraordinary Member

Is toga really the most well developed female character in the whole manga?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Is toga really the most well developed female character in the whole manga?
    She really isn't.

We know her backstory now, or at least parts of it, and she basically seems to just be crazy and hangs out with Shigaraki's gang because they don't mind that she's crazy and will allow her to keep being crazy.

Ochako, Momo and Kyoka all have well-written and engaging character arcs with development and room to grow for the future. Heck, I'd argue that even Eri has more character development than Toga. And for being background characters, Inko and Nana are very well developed as well.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, that's what I think (and am hoping for) too. Since outside of the usual suspects, only he and AFO know of One For All's existence, and him being so scientifically interested in the evolution of quirks, I can see him personally pushing for this project to essentially gain control of it. I'm really liking how basically every season have been exploring new ways to how the concept of controlling multiple quirks and quirk evolution have been impacted and reacted to:
    That makes me wonder how independent from All For One Ujiko is. Like, he obviously appreciates all the resources he's been given and that he's been allowed to continue the work nobody else believed in, and AFO clearly trusts him enough to let him him in on the One For All secret and letting him help out Shigaraki however he wants. But I wonder if he wouldn't want to keep One For All for his own research.

Or just in general, is it possible to break Ujiko's loyalty to All For One=
    I'm also excited to find out what his plan would be, since Shigaraki and everyone else just see Midoryia as "That kid who always shows up", and how will they react when he turns out to be "Public Enemy #1". And if there's one thing a few chapters ago reminded us, is he's not so good with being the centre of attention.
    Only if he's asked to talk about himself instead of All Might and hero stuff.

She really isn't.

We know her backstory now, or at least parts of it, and she basically seems to just be crazy and hangs out with Shigaraki's gang because they don't mind that she's crazy and will allow her to keep being crazy.

Ochako, Momo and Kyoka all have well-written and engaging character arcs with development and room to grow for the future. Heck, I'd argue that even Eri has more character development than Toga. And for being background characters, Inko and Nana are very well developed as well.
    Yeah, I would only say she's more "well developed" in the sense that we know much more of her backstory than other characters, and that's really just cause we needed to to help with her motivation as a villain. Whereas the rest of the main females don't really need to have their full backstories explained, so most of their development has been just through personal growth through the everyday events, and that's been really effective so far.

That makes me wonder how independent from All For One Ujiko is. Like, he obviously appreciates all the resources he's been given and that he's been allowed to continue the work nobody else believed in, and AFO clearly trusts him enough to let him him in on the One For All secret and letting him help out Shigaraki however he wants. But I wonder if he wouldn't want to keep One For All for his own research.

Or just in general, is it possible to break Ujiko's loyalty to All For One

Only if he's asked to talk about himself instead of All Might and hero stuff.
    Currently he seems like the kind of guy who would do whatever AFO wants as long as he gives him some wiggle room to do what he wants, like say to be able to experiment or study OFA first before AFO/Shigaraki needs to use it, etc. And based on what we know, AFO is someone who's known for being pretty compromising in regards to his persons of interest, like through letting Shigaraki grow on his own accord, so I would see him allowing something like that too.

And true, I mean moreso how pretty much all of his encounters he's been able to get away with them un-expecting him, so how would they or he now react once he's now a direct target or deemed a possible threat.

New chapter picks off right after the last one, not too much happened in this, just alot of needed exposition of the characters learning what they'll need to know for the upcoming training.

spoilers:
    Endeavor asks the kids what they seek to achieve working with him. Midoryia (in his usual hyper over analytic speech) explains how he wants to be able to control both his natural power and harness black whip in the correct way, with Endeavor able to understand and give him advice, as well as commenting on the power's similarity to both All Might's and his own.

Bakugo talks about how he wants to know about everything he can't already do with his power, so that he can surpass everyone on his own terms.

Endeavor doesn't ask Todoroki, which annoys him as he wants to be treated like an up-and-coming hero, and not just as his son/successor like he assumed.

They officially start their training, as he starts to teach them about rescue, evacuation, and suppression, and how they'll ultimately have to be fast enough to deal with everything.

I really like how this chapter shows the distinction between these three's connection to the original No. 1 hero, and the new one. Where they all looked to All Might as a symbol to be inspired by but not to reach, Endeavor is someone who is much more grounded and reachable, so they're all able to relate to him more. Midoryia through both of their deep knowledge of the nature of quirks and power (with him being the only one to actually understand him clearly) and their own destructive powers that could damage their bodies, Bakugo through their similar goals, ambitious, and tone, one in which he is still trying to discover the perfect balance for, and Todoroki who is trying to step out of his father's shadow who he's spent so long trying to push him in.

Also the chapter starts with Todoroki's sister again still praying so......that's gotta be somewhat ominous.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

New chapter picks off right after the last one, not too much happened in this, just alot of needed exposition of the characters learning what they'll need to know for the upcoming training.
    I really liked this chapter. It gave us the focus on our mains that I've been missing and works as both a turning point where they're going to the next phase of their training. A short timeskip is still possible, but not entirely certain at this point. I kinda like that.
    spoilers:
    Bakugo talks about how he wants to know about everything he can't already do with his power, so that he can surpass everyone on his own terms.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He could start by apologizing to guy he bullied and mockingly suggested suicide to. But that's for the future... hopefully
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Endeavor doesn't ask Todoroki, which annoys him as he wants to be treated like an up-and-coming hero, and not just as his son/successor like he assumed.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This is my favourite part of the chapter.

Shoto clarifying in no uncertain terms that he respects Endeavor's skill and position as the top hero and that he's going to get the most he can from being Endeavor's intern, and that's it. He's not here to have a chummy father/son relationship and Endeavor hasn't earned any forgiveness yet. Just the matter of fact way he says it without being overly harsh or using needlessly cruel words works as a great character moment for Shoto.

And Endeavor's disappointed look is a solid vulnerable moment for the big guy.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I really like how this chapter shows the distinction between these three's connection to the original No. 1 hero, and the new one. Where they all looked to All Might as a symbol to be inspired by but not to reach, Endeavor is someone who is much more grounded and reachable, so they're all able to relate to him more. Midoryia through both of their deep knowledge of the nature of quirks and power (with him being the only one to actually understand him clearly) and their own destructive powers that could damage their bodies, Bakugo through their similar goals, ambitious, and tone, one in which he is still trying to discover the perfect balance for, and Todoroki who is trying to step out of his father's shadow who he's spent so long trying to push him in.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Good point about the All Might/Endeavor contrast. I've always found the undertone that All Might did his job just a bit too well as the lone symbol of peace, making everybody just a wee bit too dependent on him. And though Endeavor might be more of a reachable goal as a top hero, he can probably never become a true replacement because of his past actions.

But he's still got a lot to teach the kids as we see here, and he does realise that they will take his place sooner or later what with the whole "At least once, try to beat a villain faster than me." thing. Heck, even his extremely misguided eugenics experiments showed that he was well aware that a new generation will take his place down the line.

Endeavor is a really interesting character. It'll be real interesting to see where Horikoshi takes him down the line.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Also the chapter starts with Todoroki's sister again still praying so......that's gotta be somewhat ominous.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah. That's an odd thing to put focus on without giving any proper context.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    He could start by apologizing to guy he bullied and mockingly suggested suicide to. But that's for the future... hopefully
    end of spoilers
    Ever since I saw Horikoshi himself mentioned that he thought he went too far than he intended regarding the actions of bully Bakugo in the beginning, and how alot of that past relationship hasn't really been brought up lately outside of the non-violent parts, I feel like most of that is going to be brushed off to the side and not really be acknowledged. At most I think we'll get him eventually being more outright respectful to others around him, but not really apologizing.

What's bugged me a bit personally is I can't tell if the story considers Bakugo's attitude an issue that needs to be fixed or not. Just because on the surface it looks like it's clearly his biggest hurdle always getting in his way, but anytime its reflected upon, the solution is less about him having to change his attitude for the better, and moreso just how to work around him always being angry. I don't know if this will be something he learns he has to grow away from, or just everyone else has to deal with.

spoilers:
    This is my favourite part of the chapter.

Shoto clarifying in no uncertain terms that he respects Endeavor's skill and position as the top hero and that he's going to get the most he can from being Endeavor's intern, and that's it. He's not here to have a chummy father/son relationship and Endeavor hasn't earned any forgiveness yet. Just the matter of fact way he says it without being overly harsh or using needlessly cruel words works as a great character moment for Shoto.

And Endeavor's disappointed look is a solid vulnerable moment for the big guy.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, this was probably the most important part of the chapter too. Needed to be re-clarified that he still hasn't forgiven him for everything he's done, and for good reason considering he hasn't really done anything to warrant said forgiveness yet. And goes toward what I've loved about Todoroki's journey is his search for discovering a purpose of why he wants to be a hero, beyond just being a "successor" like his dad wanted him to be, or even his dad's own vague "be the best" motivations.

Which is why it feels like, this may finally be the arc where the Dabi/Touya theory (which is most likely true) gets confirmed, since it really is the perfect timing. We got all these big League plans coming up, and what other easy way to ruin the #1 Hero's reputation than revealing that his son is one of their top members. And then Endeavor is able to face essentially a physical manifestation of his past mistakes (one in which he's forgotten) in order to get closer to a sense of growth. We saw what he did to Shoto to turn him that way at the start of the series, so what could he have possibly done that made Dabi how he is?
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Ever since I saw Horikoshi himself mentioned that he thought he went too far than he intended regarding the actions of bully Bakugo in the beginning, and how alot of that past relationship hasn't really been brought up lately outside of the non-violent parts, I feel like most of that is going to be brushed off to the side and not really be acknowledged. At most I think we'll get him eventually being more outright respectful to others around him, but not really apologizing.

What's bugged me a bit personally is I can't tell if the story considers Bakugo's attitude an issue that needs to be fixed or not. Just because on the surface it looks like it's clearly his biggest hurdle always getting in his way, but anytime its reflected upon, the solution is less about him having to change his attitude for the better, and moreso just how to work around him always being angry. I don't know if this will be something he learns he has to grow away from, or just everyone else has to deal with.
    I can see all that and it does generally feel like Horikoshi doesn't want to bring up Bakugou's first chapter ******* moments. I'd never heard about the author himself feeling like he went too far with the bullying compared to where he intended the character to go, but it does kinda make sense. I do however think it would be a shame to just write it off.

We're seeing right now how he's handling Endeavor, whose past behavior is absolutely worse than Bakugou's if only because Endeavor is an adult, and it is a fascinating story so far. Horikoshi, and by extension Bakugou, should own up to that early behavior and use it as a springboard for some major character development and mellowing out. Or at least to realise that being confident and skilled does not excuse being an abrasive little ****.

There is still plenty of time for Bakugou to develop more and for Horikoshi to settle on what he does want to do with the character. But until then, this minor wishy washy handling of the character is probably why he's not really in favorites list for the series.
    Yeah, this was probably the most important part of the chapter too. Needed to be re-clarified that he still hasn't forgiven him for everything he's done, and for good reason considering he hasn't really done anything to warrant said forgiveness yet. And goes toward what I've loved about Todoroki's journey is his search for discovering a purpose of why he wants to be a hero, beyond just being a "successor" like his dad wanted him to be, or even his dad's own vague "be the best" motivations.
    I do remember thinking that Todoroki felt a bit lacking in motivation during the final exam arc but that it felt very intentional. So I'm glad it's being followed up on. His resentment towards Endeavor has affected his goals and how he uses his quirk, even to the point where even when he was aware of it it was still impeding him. Seeing Shoto take this very firm and outspoken stance to define himself beyond his negative relationship with his father is so satisfying.
    Which is why it feels like, this may finally be the arc where the Dabi/Touya theory (which is most likely true) gets confirmed, since it really is the perfect timing. We got all these big League plans coming up, and what other easy way to ruin the #1 Hero's reputation than revealing that his son is one of their top members. And then Endeavor is able to face essentially a physical manifestation of his past mistakes (one in which he's forgotten) in order to get closer to a sense of growth. We saw what he did to Shoto to turn him that way at the start of the series, so what could he have possibly done that made Dabi how he is?
    When Dabi popped up in front Hawks and Endeavor (which I think was a spurr of the moment thing from him, like seeing Endeavor in the state of an easy prey egged him on to just appear and go for it) I realise what a massive hit to the whole hero system it would be if Dabi revealed himself to be one of Endeavor's abused children.

And right after he does that the League launches whatever massive attack.

I'm not sure if Endeavor would die get incapacitated or just seriously injured but ultimately ok after that revelation (it would probably be at the end of a big fight). And I'm also not sure which one I'm most interested in.

It would also be an major revelation for Shoto who probably doesn't even remember Touya that much. And I can see him becoming really focused on saving and/or bringing Dabi in. This is, as you say, a living breathing representation of his father's sins, a serial killer, family member, possibly the person that can relate to Shoto's past the most and something he will absolutely have to deal with. The sooner we can get all of that rolling the better.

Final side note. In the latest chapter, when Endeavor mentions that Deku is one of the people that can hurt themselves with their quirk, "One of us.", I wouldn't be surprised if he's remembering his lost son who had greater fire powers than he did but also Rei's incompatible cold based constitution.

I can see all that and it does generally feel like Horikoshi doesn't want to bring up Bakugou's first chapter ******* moments. I'd never heard about the author himself feeling like he went too far with the bullying compared to where he intended the character to go, but it does kinda make sense. I do however think it would be a shame to just write it off.

We're seeing right now how he's handling Endeavor, whose past behavior is absolutely worse than Bakugou's if only because Endeavor is an adult, and it is a fascinating story so far. Horikoshi, and by extension Bakugou, should own up to that early behavior and use it as a springboard for some major character development and mellowing out. Or at least to realise that being confident and skilled does not excuse being an abrasive little ****.

There is still plenty of time for Bakugou to develop more and for Horikoshi to settle on what he does want to do with the character. But until then, this minor wishy washy handling of the character is probably why he's not really in favorites list for the series.
    I agree, I guess the difference is with Bakugo you can remove his more extreme bullying moments and the story would remain the same, though you would lose out on alot of compelling story points, while Endeavor's actions are intrinsically connected to Todoroki's path and journey, so that has to be dealt with no matter what.

Bakugo and Endeavor do have that other connection, in that they both have "selfish-ish" motivations for being a hero, seemingly just so they can prove they're "the best." That's why even doing the Pro Hero arc, I wasn't completely sold on Endeavor, just because he lacked a sense of purpose other than trying to prove why he deserves to be "the best", but now you see him actually using his skills in more creative ways and looking beyond himself, to train others for the greater good. There are hints, like in the Remedial Course, where Bakugo does recognize he can't just throw everyone under the bus if he wants to succeed, but there's still so much more in could learn in trying to define a goal.

When you remember your Vegetas and your Sasukes, etc., people do love the ******* rivals in their anime, and Bakugo does tend to be #1 on most character polls, which is why I wouldn't be surprised (and would be kind of disappointed) if he falls into the same trap as those two, where most of the growth happens off-page and essentially gets by with next to no consequences.

When Dabi popped up in front Hawks and Endeavor (which I think was a spurr of the moment thing from him, like seeing Endeavor in the state of an easy prey egged him on to just appear and go for it) I realise what a massive hit to the whole hero system it would be if Dabi revealed himself to be one of Endeavor's abused children.

And right after he does that the League launches whatever massive attack.

I'm not sure if Endeavor would die get incapacitated or just seriously injured but ultimately ok after that revelation (it would probably be at the end of a big fight). And I'm also not sure which one I'm most interested in.

It would also be an major revelation for Shoto who probably doesn't even remember Touya that much. And I can see him becoming really focused on saving and/or bringing Dabi in. This is, as you say, a living breathing representation of his father's sins, a serial killer, family member, possibly the person that can relate to Shoto's past the most and something he will absolutely have to deal with. The sooner we can get all of that rolling the better.

Final side note. In the latest chapter, when Endeavor mentions that Deku is one of the people that can hurt themselves with their quirk, "One of us.", I wouldn't be surprised if he's remembering his lost son who had greater fire powers than he did but also Rei's incompatible cold based constitution.
    My prediction is Endeavor will die or be incapacitated in some way making him unable to do more hero work. Either he sacrifices himself to save his son, doing one last fatherly act, or he ends up having to retire, but uses that time to be there for his family as the parent he never was. I'm going for the latter as most likely, just because I think Hawks has a slightly higher chance of biting the dust between the two (but I could easily be wrong). It is clear that his hero work (and his hero obsession) was the thing that created the wedge in his family, and if you remember from Shigaraki's backstory, the family/hero issue is not an uncommon one, so it would be a pretty impactful way to end his arc by having him giving up the power he craved for so long to save the day, and replace it with the chance for the family he tossed aside for so long.

And yeah, when he says "One of us", he's definitely referring to his whole family, considering all except for Shoto's issues with controlling their body heat.

Got a quick new chapter this week. No chapter next week sadly, but look's like we'll be getting some very juicy drama when it comes back.

spoilers:
    We get an opening title page showing Uraraka and Tsuyu with their internship, highlighting Uraraka's new costume.

The three continue their training as they try to keep up with all the action. Endeavor tells Bakugo he should stop making excuses why he's not fast enough and just try to improve. He tells him and Todoroki to practice storage and releasing their power, and tells Midoryia to practice subconsciously drawing out his maximum available power (using the clever analogy of driving a car). Also get another Shigaraki parallel with them being told to "fail as many times as they need to."

One week later, Endeavor gets a call from Fuyumi to invite everyone over for a dinner.

Funny highlight was Midoryia recognizing a signature of one of Bakugo's moves and him being really annoyed at that. Them all just chilling on the top of a building having their lunch was a nice touch too. And again, next chapter is time for good ol' fashioned family awkwardness again. If somebody doesn't throw a pie I'll be very disappointed.

Also interesting sidenote I noticed other people mentioning. At around this current time would be Todoroki's birthday, so that may be another reason why she's inviting everyone over. And going back a few chapters, Shigaraki's birthday is early April, which would fit in at the same time as the "four month rebirth" they've been teasing. So if these are all intentional, I really like how he's incorporating the character's birthdays into the ongoing plots, which is something I don't really see done in alot of Shonen anime/manga.
    end of spoilers