Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
A VERY interesting start to a new arc. A lot more world building with a new perspective on how quirks function in society, and seeming to set up Bakugo and Todoroki getting the focus in facing the new threat.

spoilers:
We're introduced to a very Joker-looking character, head of the Detnreat Company, who wants to expand his resources for people with quirk deformities beyond just for hero work. While discussing everything, he brings up the readings of the "Quirk/Super Power Liberation Army", which his assistant criticizes for being pretentious acts of terrorism. And then gets his neck snapped.

Turns out he's one of the children of Destro, the Army's original founder and an extremist who pushed for people to use their quirks whenever and wherever and committed suicide in prison. The children meet up with a plan to take out the League Of Villains before the government and heroes can.

At this same time, Bakugo and Todoroki complete their Remedial Course training, and just 30 minutes after receiving their license, go to fight a villain rampaging the streets.
end of spoilers
I do always appreciate some good world building and the earlier era of humanity with quirks is full of interesting potential stories. So bringing in a group that's tied to one of the more prominent figures from the era is a good choice.

spoilers:
I appreciated seeing the kids hang out for a bit and just reacting to the snow. It was and gave some us some nice small character moments.

Todoroki and Bakugo teaming up should be interesting. Hopefully they both get to show off a bit here.
end of spoilers
Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
spoilers:
Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one who got Joker vibes off of the new character (especially some of the animated timverse Jokers), he of course backs it up by murdering the hell out of his employee and it cinched it when he was walking out with that hat and jacket.

The fact that they wish to destroy the league is intriguing, wondering how the logic goes there. Perhaps if there wasn't such a criminal element people would have more freedom to use their quirks? *shrug*
end of spoilers
spoilers:
It is interesting that that this group is planning on offing the League despite both of them rebelling against the laws of society.

My guess is that Destro's children see the LoV as a perversion of their ideals. The LoV clearly just want to cause chaos and be allowed to enact their own desires no matter how dark or sinister they are. Destro's Children on the other hand might just honestly want no restrictions on when you can use your quirk, but there should still be laws and crimes and such things. Just no related to when you use your quirk.
end of spoilers