Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I'm actually glad it wasn't Natsuo, just because at this point it would've felt more like a fan service reveal, and would made the Todoroki situation way more complicated than it already is, and what's there already still needs a bit more time just for itself.

With how casual she was revealed, now I'm not sure if it was deliberate teasing on Horikoshi's part regarding the Dabi theories, or if this was all something the fans looked too much into without the author's intention, cause I could see it going either way.

I am hoping the next big villain group thing that will come up is Dabi focused, considering unlike the other LoVs who got some development and evolution, he's still shrouded in mystery AND had a weakness exposed, so feels like he needs some time to shine. And if all the theories are true (which they probably are), it opens up so many interesting directions for the story to take. How does that effect an Endeavor/Shoto confrontation? And how does the media react if the identity goes public?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Geten being a Todoroki also won't have sense since their ice quirk is that they create and project ice while Geten just manipulates it. So yeah, whether it's trolling or not I'm glad Hori went this way with Geten.

Besides Dabi we've still got Mr. Compress to delve deeper into. Which could be fun since he seems to be most classic old school style super villain of the bunch, in that he's clearly got a stage persona and outfit that's meant to match that persona rather than to be all that functional. We still don't know his back story or motivation. He is experienced and seems to be the most stable member of the group, but he tags along with them even in bad times so he's loyal. Writing this down I kinda really want to see what his deal is.

But yeah, I want some Dabi focus soon as well. Maybe not a full reveal, but just something more.
    end of spoilers

New chapter's out finally get back to our heroes

spoilers:
    Just a fun breather chapter and concept. Media interaction training with Mt. Lady. Some funny bits (Mineta screaming in fear at the sight of her/Bakugo's continued PR failings). Deku has made progress with his new power but still can't use it effectively.
    end of spoilers

Fun stuff.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Alot of really great things in this new chapter, back to a more light hearted tone with some really funny moments.

spoilers:
    I'm glad we are getting much more emphasis on the media aspect of the hero society now to the point where its fully bled over into the classes. Bakugo and Todoroki's interviews are classic, really highlighting their personalities again.
    (Though it does remind me why its still really weird that Midoryia got absolutely no attention for beating Overhaul)

It is an interesting perspective they comment on in the chapter, with society looking more towards encouragement and cheering on the heroes, rather than blaming them for anything going wrong. Also while bringing up Endeavor's actions in the High End fight had inspired everyone else to up their game and stand out, which references the early notion that most of the heroes weren't trying as much because of just how unstoppable All Might was.

The visual of the locked door is really well done. I'm wonder if its supposed to be locking up Black Whip, or the rest of One For All in general, I would say the latter does make the most sense.

Internships Round 2 is the next arc! (or 3 I guess technically). I don't see him going back to Gran Torino or Nighteye's placement again, so it's curious who else Midoryia could meet up that could possibly help him with Black Whip. Hoping they go for one of the under-utilized Pro Heroes we know about, rather than making a new character again. I can definitely see Tokoyami becoming a major figure in this arc if he's gonna go back with Hawks, who will for sure be important very soon.

And lastly you got All Might basically writing his will. And now that we have confirmation we're a few weeks till Christmas...it aint looking too good for him.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

The latest chapter was absolutely the fun, light hearted welcome back to silly school stuff we needed after the heavy duty stuff from the villain arc.

This coming arc has a lot of potential with more internship stuff. Hopefully Tokoyami, Ochako and Tsuyu can get some time to shine since they've already got good internships. I wonder who Deku would go to now.

My favourite part of the chapter might be how proud Izuku is of his bloop with Black Whip. He's excitement is so cute and well earned, and silly Bakugo is so darn jelly of the bloop. Because he doesn't have his own bloop.
    Alot of really great things in this new chapter, back to a more light hearted tone with some really funny moments.

spoilers:
    I'm glad we are getting much more emphasis on the media aspect of the hero society now to the point where its fully bled over into the classes. Bakugo and Todoroki's interviews are classic, really highlighting their personalities again.
    (Though it does remind me why its still really weird that Midoryia got absolutely no attention for beating Overhaul)

It is an interesting perspective they comment on in the chapter, with society looking more towards encouragement and cheering on the heroes, rather than blaming them for anything going wrong. Also while bringing up Endeavor's actions in the High End fight had inspired everyone else to up their game and stand out, which references the early notion that most of the heroes weren't trying as much because of just how unstoppable All Might was.

The visual of the locked door is really well done. I'm wonder if its supposed to be locking up Black Whip, or the rest of One For All in general, I would say the latter does make the most sense.

Internships Round 2 is the next arc! (or 3 I guess technically). I don't see him going back to Gran Torino or Nighteye's placement again, so it's curious who else Midoryia could meet up that could possibly help him with Black Whip. Hoping they go for one of the under-utilized Pro Heroes we know about, rather than making a new character again. I can definitely see Tokoyami becoming a major figure in this arc if he's gonna go back with Hawks, who will for sure be important very soon.

And lastly you got All Might basically writing his will. And now that we have confirmation we're a few weeks till Christmas...it aint looking too good for him.
    end of spoilers
    I think the reason Izuku didn't get any media attention was because his direct involvement was too far away for any cameras to get any footage and the pro heroes took on all the media attention. Compared to Shoto and Bakugo solving their whole thing on their own, and so soon after getting their licenses.

And I don't think that All Might is writing his will. I took it more as him looking up what he could about the previous OfA holders so that he could prepare for whatever other quirk Izuku might manifest in the future, and he's gather the information in a way that Izuku properly understands. Notebooks! Once again proving that he is the best dad. I'm not too worried about Christmas, though I do hope for some fun slice of life stuff for it.

Extraordinary Member

Looking good so far.

There's so much I'm looking forward to seeing this season.

Extraordinary Member

OMG! THE NEW CHAPTER IS SO GOD DAMN CUTE!!!

Ahem... SO CUTE!

spoilers:
    Seeing all the 1A kids celebrating christmas together and dressing up as santa with personalized caps is just so gosh darn wholesome. Mina struggling to force Bakugo into a santa suit was hella funny for a BG event.

Every time I think that Eri has reached peak cuteness she breaks her limits and goes Plus Ultra. Eri claus is a wonderfully cute all on her own. But her not being sure what holiday it is is just preciousness overload. And the fact that she ended up with a buster sword for her present is hilariously adorable. I hope she keeps the sword. We also see that Izuku's words to her helped, now she's not afraid of her quirk and is proudly displaying her growing horn. Great use of Eri this chapter.

Izuku and Ochako ending up exchanging gifts and blushing stupendously about it warms the old shipper heart.

The rest of the issue is largely focused on the internships and how the school is sort of being requested to get them going sooner than planned. Which is an interesting development. And it leads to Shoto asking if Bakugo and Deku wants to intern with Endeavor, which is a development that I hadn't even considered. Part of me is excited for it and another part of me would rather see Izuku be at the same internship as Ochako and Tenya (I need more screentime for those three tank you very much). But it'll be fun to see where this goes.

Also, Nezu indicated that the traitor suspicions against the kids have been dropped. Part of me thinks that might me that said traitor will be revealed as being one of the kids who's just really good at hiding it.
    end of spoilers

This is probably the most wholesome chapter in the entire series. TOO MUCH CUTENESS

spoilers:
    Everyone just hanging out with their santa suits, its such a nice and chill environment love getting to see them all hangout like a little family, with all the tiny details shining out (extra points for Bakugo, Mina, and Kaminari messing around in the background)

And Eri. God. Everything about her. The Trick or Treat. The eggs. The sword. She steals every time she pops up and its too damn precious.

As for the important story decisions, given how we now know the internships are a last minute mandatory incentivized thing by the Public Safety Commission, it seems more likely than not this is a result of Hawks telling them what really happened down at Deika, and looking for some way to prepare for any future League attacks. Also its interesting they decide to choose now to bring back the "Traitor" theory after so long of it being mentioned, so wonder if this is hinting towards that being important soon.

And for Midoryia and Bakugo interning alongside Todoroki, that really makes the most sense and I also don't know why I didn't think about it either. This will finally connect Midoryia and his main plot to the Endeavor stuff, which outside of the villains was the only real core plot point without him involved in some way, so seems like that storyline is directly continuing.

We've also never really got to see these 3 work together in any significant way, so that'll be a big deal. Plus, Bakugo and Endeavor interacting, you can only imagine the chaos that'll spring from that. There's also Bakugo's flashback to Best Jeanist which may indicate some future reconnection with them.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

This is probably the most wholesome chapter in the entire series. TOO MUCH CUTENESS
    It's wonderful and adorable and absolutely a sign that **** is going to hit the sooner rather than later and Horikoshi is giving us a cuteness overload before everything goes to hell.
    spoilers:
    As for the important story decisions, given how we now know the internships are a last minute mandatory incentivized thing by the Public Safety Commission, it seems more likely than not this is a result of Hawks telling them what really happened down at Deika, and looking for some way to prepare for any future League attacks. Also its interesting they decide to choose now to bring back the "Traitor" theory after so long of it being mentioned, so wonder if this is hinting towards that being important soon.

And for Midoryia and Bakugo interning alongside Todoroki, that really makes the most sense and I also don't know why I didn't think about it either. This will finally connect Midoryia and his main plot to the Endeavor stuff, which outside of the villains was the only real core plot point without him involved in some way, so seems like that storyline is directly continuing.

We've also never really got to see these 3 work together in any significant way, so that'll be a big deal. Plus, Bakugo and Endeavor interacting, you can only imagine the chaos that'll spring from that. There's also Bakugo's flashback to Best Jeanist which may indicate some future reconnection with them.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I agree that the decisions to jump start the internships again absolutely has something to do with Hawks reporting the League's movements to his superiors. What I find interesting is that All Might, Tsukauchi and the U.A. staff seem to be too far down the totempole to get any of this information directly. I get that they can't share it with the public and kids, but the staff full of experienced heroes training the class that's had the most run ins with the League would probably be benefitial.

As for Deku, Bakugou and Todoroki interning with Endeavor. I like the idea that for Bakugou it'll serve as a sort of cautionary tale to what kind of hero he might be striving to become. It just occurred to me that we don't really know what Bakugou thinks of Endeavor, but we do know that he's privy to what happened in Shoto's past. So Bakugou and Endeavor meeting up will be pretty interesting.

But despite all three of them probably being able to work together (with some clenched teeth in Bakugou's case) I just feel like their team-up is a media disaster in the making. They just attract the wrong kind of attention together.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    It's wonderful and adorable and absolutely a sign that **** is going to hit the sooner rather than later and Horikoshi is giving us a cuteness overload before everything goes to hell.
    He also gave us the most WTF disturbing chapter just a few weeks ago, so a palette cleanser like this is much appreciated

spoilers:
    Yeah, I agree that the decisions to jump start the internships again absolutely has something to do with Hawks reporting the League's movements to his superiors. What I find interesting is that All Might, Tsukauchi and the U.A. staff seem to be too far down the totempole to get any of this information directly. I get that they can't share it with the public and kids, but the staff full of experienced heroes training the class that's had the most run ins with the League would probably be benefitial.

As for Deku, Bakugou and Todoroki interning with Endeavor. I like the idea that for Bakugou it'll serve as a sort of cautionary tale to what kind of hero he might be striving to become. It just occurred to me that we don't really know what Bakugou thinks of Endeavor, but we do know that he's privy to what happened in Shoto's past. So Bakugou and Endeavor meeting up will be pretty interesting.

But despite all three of them probably being able to work together (with some clenched teeth in Bakugou's case) I just feel like their team-up is a media disaster in the making. They just attract the wrong kind of attention together.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think this stems all the way back to the All For One incident in Kamino. If you remember, that was when the Public Safety Commission decided how they had to step up and take charge of these situations, and not fully relying on the heroes to do everything, and we've seen them do alot in public and behind the scenes. There's them assisting the heroes during the Overhaul raid, their supposed recruitment of Gentle, and now their undercover work with Hawks. So I like seeing these steps they've been taking to be ahead of everyone and their own secret pawn game they've been playing.

I also really wanna know how Bakugo feels about Endeavor, in both his original and current personality. Especially in comparison with how much he admires All Might, I would not be surprised if it turns out he hates him (like he does with everyone else lol) just for other reasons than most others may have. And hey, as long as Todoroki keeps talking for them, they'll be okay

(Although speaking of media, I am crossing my fingers all this attention may be leading closer to a theory for a future arc happening in the series, focusing on a Leaker revealing heroes secrets to the public)
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I also really wanna know how Bakugo feels about Endeavor, in both his original and current personality. Especially in comparison with how much he admires All Might, I would not be surprised if it turns out he hates him (like he does with everyone else lol) just for other reasons than most others may have. And hey, as long as Todoroki keeps talking for them, they'll be okay
    end of spoilers
    I'm thinking something more along the lines of:

spoilers:
    Shigaraki: Hey, it's that kid I hate because he's ruined like 80-90 percent of my plans AND the little **** that turned down my gracious offer, and they're both interning and the current top ranking hero. You're the one that hates that guy don't you Dabi?

Dabi: I really hate that guy.

Shigaraki: Ever gonna tell us why?

Dabi: When it's dramatically appropriate.

Shigaraki: Fair enough. Until then, do you want to go and really **** up all of them to further tear down the trust society has in heroes?

Dabi: Yeah, sounds like fun.
    end of spoilers

The arrangement is a beacon for dramatic trouble that'll probably go pretty badly for the good guys is what I meant.

I'm thinking something more along the lines of:

spoilers:
    Shigaraki: Hey, it's that kid I hate because he's ruined like 80-90 percent of my plans AND the little **** that turned down my gracious offer, and they're both interning and the current top ranking hero. You're the one that hates that guy don't you Dabi?

Dabi: I really hate that guy.

Shigaraki: Ever gonna tell us why?

Dabi: When it's dramatically appropriate.

Shigaraki: Fair enough. Until then, do you want to go and really **** up all of them to further tear down the trust society has in heroes?

Dabi: Yeah, sounds like fun.
    end of spoilers

The arrangement is a beacon for dramatic trouble that'll probably go pretty badly for the good guys is what I meant.
    That does remind me that I hope we get some kind of confrontation with Midoryia and Shigaraki again soon, just because its been so long and especially right after the last revelations would be very impactful.

I do think it probably won't be until after he discovers about One For All that Shigaraki would actively go seeking out Midoryia, and for now is just another enemy like all the rest that he'll only go after if he gets in the way.

spoilers:
    As for Dabi, I'm fully expecting us to find out the truth at the same time the characters do, thinking something along the lines of "hijacking" the news and going all "Endeavor is my father!!!" would be the most effective. They did already try ruining him physically and that didn't work, how about a smear campaign next?
    end of spoilers

New chapter out! Things going by pretty fast! (Also no new chapter next week so got a slightly longer wait)

spoilers:
    Midoryia gets a New Years reunion with his mom who says how proud she is of him (too sweet).

Feel Good Inc. guy has placed some micro devices on Hawks to allow them to spy on everyone. Hawks lets his superiors know he's in contact and still trying to discover the location of the Nomu lab. Recommends they remain in contact just though code.

Midoryia and Bakugo join Todoroki to meet Endeavor, who's less than thrilled about taking them all in. Bakugo doesn't really care about any of them, but wants to see what the top agency looks like at least. In a flashback, All Might says its a good idea for Bakugo to meet the current Endeavor to learn the right steps to be a top hero, while comments how Midoryia should be alright regarding One For All as long as he has the locking and unlocking under control.

Endeavor heads off into battle, telling the three to watch from afar, but they all jump in and follow along anyway. A mysterious bearded man with floating balls is revealed to be causing chaos in the city, which Hawks is observing while reading the Liberation manual.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

New chapter out! Things going by pretty fast! (Also no new chapter next week so got a slightly longer wait)
    I remember seeing something about a tweet from Horikoshi's editor saying that the pace was really going to pick up with this arc and that tons of developments are going to take place. If true, the setup for this arc just got even more interesting.
    spoilers:
    Midoryia gets a New Years reunion with his mom who says how proud she is of him (too sweet).

Feel Good Inc. guy has placed some micro devices on Hawks to allow them to spy on everyone. Hawks lets his superiors know he's in contact and still trying to discover the location of the Nomu lab. Recommends they remain in contact just though code.

Midoryia and Bakugo join Todoroki to meet Endeavor, who's less than thrilled about taking them all in. Bakugo doesn't really care about any of them, but wants to see what the top agency looks like at least. In a flashback, All Might says its a good idea for Bakugo to meet the current Endeavor to learn the right steps to be a top hero, while comments how Midoryia should be alright regarding One For All as long as he has the locking and unlocking under control.

Endeavor heads off into battle, telling the three to watch from afar, but they all jump in and follow along anyway. A mysterious bearded man with floating balls is revealed to be causing chaos in the city, which Hawks is observing while reading the Liberation manual.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think my favourite part of this chapter is how annoyed Endeavor is that he has hang out with his son's weird friends. And then they all just shrug it off and cooly follow him into action. Though they probably should've done that after getting into gear and dumping their stuff at his office. Now they just look irresponsible.

Second best part is absolutely Izuku hanging out with Inko for New Year. Not only are this sweet as always, but it's a nice little way of showing how much Izuku's has grown in confidence. And his letter from Eri is just too cute. He has two fan letters now. Eri and Kouta need to meet and start a fan club.

I wonder how far Hawks can get in his investigation before **** hits the fan. His laid back attitude is serving him well, but I've got a bad feeling about him.

I'm thinking that the bearded dude is just some rando super villain who just happened to show up at the same time as Hawks. There are several ways this could go down and I'm not sure what I'm hoping for the most.
    end of spoilers

Solid start to a new arc. Next time we'll hopefully see if other three star students can work together properly.

spoilers:
    I think my favourite part of this chapter is how annoyed Endeavor is that he has hang out with his son's weird friends. And then they all just shrug it off and cooly follow him into action. Though they probably should've done that after getting into gear and dumping their stuff at his office. Now they just look irresponsible.

Second best part is absolutely Izuku hanging out with Inko for New Year. Not only are this sweet as always, but it's a nice little way of showing how much Izuku's has grown in confidence. And his letter from Eri is just too cute. He has two fan letters now. Eri and Kouta need to meet and start a fan club.

I wonder how far Hawks can get in his investigation before **** hits the fan. His laid back attitude is serving him well, but I've got a bad feeling about him.

I'm thinking that the bearded dude is just some rando super villain who just happened to show up at the same time as Hawks. There are several ways this could go down and I'm not sure what I'm hoping for the most.
    end of spoilers

Solid start to a new arc. Next time we'll hopefully see if other three star students can work together properly.
    spoilers:
    I love how he starts off annoyed just having to them take with him, and then gets even more annoyed when he realizes Bakugo doesn't even like Shoto in the first place. "You even friends with this guy?"

Yes, Eri's handwriting is TOO perfect.

My prediction is that Hawk's villain persona will be revealed to the world before his undercover persona is. Gaining more trust into the villains, but losing the public's trust and potentially their trust at other aspects of hero society. And if Dabi decides to go after Endeavor, he's got more than enough ammo to pile on all that too.

I agree I think its just a rando villain not associated with Hawks, the question is if he'll join in the 4 in attacking, or observe the whole time. And if he's on the scene since internships have supposedly started, perhaps a Tokoyami is not too far behind as well.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I love how he starts off annoyed just having to them take with him, and then gets even more annoyed when he realizes Bakugo doesn't even like Shoto in the first place. "You even friends with this guy?"

Yes, Eri's handwriting is TOO perfect.

My prediction is that Hawk's villain persona will be revealed to the world before his undercover persona is. Gaining more trust into the villains, but losing the public's trust and potentially their trust at other aspects of hero society. And if Dabi decides to go after Endeavor, he's got more than enough ammo to pile on all that too.

I agree I think its just a rando villain not associated with Hawks, the question is if he'll join in the 4 in attacking, or observe the whole time. And if he's on the scene since internships have supposedly started, perhaps a Tokoyami is not too far behind as well.
    end of spoilers
    I like to imagine Endeavor being super excited when Shoto said he wanted to resume his internship, and then got super bummed and deflated when Shoto added that he's bringing some friends along. That those friends are the guy that personally dissed Endeavor and the guy that won the Sports Festival but had to be shackled to accept his prize has made Endeavor question a lot of things.

Some people are saying that there's a bunch of death flags hanging around Hawks. I don't really see that personally, whatever happens I'm thinking it'll be more intricate than that.