Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I like to imagine Endeavor being super excited when Shoto said he wanted to resume his internship, and then got super bummed and deflated when Shoto added that he's bringing some friends along. That those friends are the guy that personally dissed Endeavor and the guy that won the Sports Festival but had to be shackled to accept his prize has made Endeavor question a lot of things.

Some people are saying that there's a bunch of death flags hanging around Hawks. I don't really see that personally, whatever happens I'm thinking it'll be more intricate than that.
    I also liked that Endeavor did recognize Midoryia from the Sports Festival and remembered his "Shoto isn't you" words, which he spoke back to him.

(Side note: I liked that the official ViZ translation clarified that point, which the fan translation was a bit more vague about, although they removed his "Psyche" which I thought was hilarious in the fan translation)

I don't think Hawks has any death flags in the recent future, but I do think more likely than not there's gonna reach a point when his cover is eventually blown, and they'll all be immediately gunning for him. Won't be surprised if he's not long for this world once that happens, probably guessing he sacrifices himself to get the information out or something like that.

New chapter is back for this week!

spoilers:
    Endeavor uses his flash fire to very easily catch up to the crazy old man (the Emperor Of Fallen Light) venting about the "Stars of Evil", and showing off his quirk to turn all the glass into seemingly liquid balls. Midoryia, Bakugo, and Todoroki catch up to help take out his henchmen, but Hawks beats them to the punch.

Hawks reveals Tokoyami is interning with him again, only doing some sidekick work in his hometown due to his own "busy schedule." He then uses this opportunity to "recommend" that Endeavor reads Destro's "Special Abilities Liberation Front" book, as a way to try and clue him in on his undercover work and what's really going on.

Not too much happened this chapter, but the pieces are being put into place for where we're going next. Shame that it sounds like Tokoyami won't be involved in this arc at all, but I guess they want to keep it exclude to the "Big 3" for this instance, so makes sense. The Emperor raving about "He is the root of the darkness" is curious since I'm not completely sure but I assume he's referring to Endeavor in that instance, which does seem to be heavy foreshadowing his darker side coming out. Bakugo getting irritated that Hawks is faster then him is of course hilarious. And I like that Hawks is being proactive and immediately trying to point Endeavor in his direction to find the truth. How much of his message he interprets though we'll have to see.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Not too much happened this chapter, but the pieces are being put into place for where we're going next. Shame that it sounds like Tokoyami won't be involved in this arc at all, but I guess they want to keep it exclude to the "Big 3" for this instance, so makes sense. The Emperor raving about "He is the root of the darkness" is curious since I'm not completely sure but I assume he's referring to Endeavor in that instance, which does seem to be heavy foreshadowing his darker side coming out. Bakugo getting irritated that Hawks is faster then him is of course hilarious. And I like that Hawks is being proactive and immediately trying to point Endeavor in his direction to find the truth. How much of his message he interprets though we'll have to see.[/spoil]
    spoilers:
    I do think that the Emperor's ramblings are intentionally vague on Horikoshi's part. He didn't seem to realize that Endeavor would show up when he launched his attack. I wonder if the darkness he's refering to is something we've seen already in the story and if it's something tangible or if he's more like Stain in that he sees the flaws in society and aimed to go at them in an extreme fashion.

Hawks and Bakugo's brief interaction is amazingly funny. I want to see more of Bakugo shouting things and Hawks shrugging them off.

There are various possible outcomes to Hawks tactic with Endeavor. One is naturally that he fails and Endeavor just brushes him off. Another is that he starts too look into the organization like Hawks wants him to. But I'm sensing that it'll be worse and Endeavor will start to suspect Hawks of being part of something sinister.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    There are various possible outcomes to Hawks tactic with Endeavor. One is naturally that he fails and Endeavor just brushes him off. Another is that he starts too look into the organization like Hawks wants him to. But I'm sensing that it'll be worse and Endeavor will start to suspect Hawks of being part of something sinister.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The whole "Notice the lie" and Endeavor's expression at the end makes me assume that he's at least aware something is up with him. Though I do agree its not going to go completely smoothly. My guess now is that he does end up investigating the Liberation Front/League, but then eventually Hawks will have to fight him in order to keep his cover.
    end of spoilers

We got a new poster and some new information regarding the new movie, Heroes Rising!

Heroes_Rising_Promotional_Poster_2.jpg

“A must-see story full of passion!! In this movie, Deku, Bakugo, Ochaco, Todoroki, and all the other members of Class A will make an appearance!

Even though All Might was admired by [many] all around the world, it was with a sad heart that he had to give up his hero role as the Symbol of Peace. Because of this, a dark force who was moving behind the scenes, a villain named Nine who can be considered the greatest villain thus far.”

Based on the info we know about so far, this film appears will focus on Midoryia and Bakugo as co-leads, with the rest of the Class in supporting roles, differing from the first film which primarily focused on Midoryia with half of Class 1A just having cameos.

We got all but confirmation the events will be taking place in-between Season 3 and 4.

New characters we got Nine, who's our "biggest bad possibly even moreso than All For One" so that'll be curious to see where that goes. Design wise he looks like a fusion between All For One and Overhaul. There's also two mysterious kids in the centre, so they're most likely important. Biggest surprise is the first anime appearance (and first chronological appearance) of mah boi Hawks! That's super exciting both that's here and wondering why exactly he's here.

Also something very interesting to note is that Nine actually made a cameo in the manga a few months ago, in Chapter 222 to be specific. And to remember, Horikoshi has mentioned this story uses elements of his original plans to the MHA finale, and is "so big we might not be able to top it in a third film" so it must be very important overall.

We got a new poster and some new information regarding the new movie, Heroes Rising!

Heroes_Rising_Promotional_Poster_2.jpg

“A must-see story full of passion!! In this movie, Deku, Bakugo, Ochaco, Todoroki, and all the other members of Class A will make an appearance!

Even though All Might was admired by [many] all around the world, it was with a sad heart that he had to give up his hero role as the Symbol of Peace. Because of this, a dark force who was moving behind the scenes, a villain named Nine who can be considered the greatest villain thus far.”

Based on the info we know about so far, this film appears will focus on Midoryia and Bakugo as co-leads, with the rest of the Class in supporting roles, differing from the first film which primarily focused on Midoryia with half of Class 1A just having cameos.

We got all but confirmation the events will be taking place in-between Season 3 and 4.

New characters we got Nine, who's our "biggest bad possibly even moreso than All For One" so that'll be curious to see where that goes. Design wise he looks like a fusion between All For One and Overhaul. There's also two mysterious kids in the centre, so they're most likely important. Biggest surprise is the first anime appearance (and first chronological appearance) of mah boi Hawks! That's super exciting both that's here and wondering why exactly he's here.

Also something very interesting to note is that Nine actually made a cameo in the manga a few months ago, in Chapter 222 to be specific. And to remember, Horikoshi has mentioned this story uses elements of his original plans to the MHA finale, and is "so big we might not be able to top it in a third film" so it must be very important overall.
    I'm down for the new redheaded female villain .

Extraordinary Member

*image snip*

I appreciate that Ochako and Todoroki are mentioned as well, but poor Iida doesn't get a name drop.
    I saw an image a few days that's official art for the movie and it focused on Deku, Bakugo and Todoroki.

Heroes Rising x 3.jpg

Most of the class will probably be supporting roles. But I hope that the overall message is about them all rising up to be a more united force to replace the solitary protector that All Might represented.
    Hmm. Depending on how they do things in the anime that might be a real tight squeeze, even more so that Two Heroes was for its place in the timeline.
    Giving the movie it's own proper big bad instead of a hired goon that All For One boosted will be a nice upgrade to the story. I'm guessing that he'll be a more personal villain for Deku, and possibly Bakugo, compared to All For One who was really All Might's big bad.

And it's so rare that characters appear in the anime before their canonical appearance, with the exception of a cameo or two. But there Hawks is, in the upper corner of the latest poster and everything. It's going to be a wild movie.
    Oda recently threw in a shadow cameo from one of the One Piece movie villains he created in one of the latest chapers, and it's nothing more than a cool easter egg. I'm thinking it's the same here and it'll act as a hype for the movie. Maybe he'll sprinkle Nine here and there for people to find until the movie's release.

I saw an image a few days that's official art for the movie and it focused on Deku, Bakugo and Todoroki.

Most of the class will probably be supporting roles. But I hope that the overall message is about them all rising up to be a more united force to replace the solitary protector that All Might represented.
    Oh that's interesting. It is clear that overall the story is going to directly focus on the aftermath of All Might's de-powering, moreso than the series ever really did, so it'd be really good if we got to see how everyone else really felt about all it, we only really got to see it from Midroyia and Bakugo. And I'm right there with you regarding the united force vs. solitary protector, that's been my prediction of endgame of the entire series, it won't be just Midoryia vs. Shigaraki/All For One, it'll be Class 1A vs. the League Of Villains, everyone together as one.

Hmm. Depending on how they do things in the anime that might be a real tight squeeze, even more so that Two Heroes was for its place in the timeline.
    The big question is what role do they want each of the characters to have for the film. I assume if Bakugo is gonna have a bigger role, they'll probably be playing around with him knowing All Might's secret, so it would have to be after the License Exam. And the only other real plausible time would be after Overhaul, and that just seems like a bit too big of a leap in time for this movie to go for.

I don't think it should be too hard for them to squeeze this in right before they start the Internships. They were able to fairly easily squeeze in an extra summer vacation before the start of Season 3 that was non-existent in the book.

Oda recently threw in a shadow cameo from one of the One Piece movie villains he created in one of the latest chapers, and it's nothing more than a cool easter egg. I'm thinking it's the same here and it'll act as a hype for the movie. Maybe he'll sprinkle Nine here and there for people to find until the movie's release.
    You're probably right that its probably just an easter egg, but it at least opens up the potential that Nine could show up in the manga more prominently down the line. In comparison to the Shields from Two Heroes, who still haven't made an appearance in the main book (although Melissa just recently popped up in the Team-Up Missions spin-off)

Extraordinary Member

Oh that's interesting. It is clear that overall the story is going to directly focus on the aftermath of All Might's de-powering, moreso than the series ever really did, so it'd be really good if we got to see how everyone else really felt about all it, we only really got to see it from Midroyia and Bakugo. And I'm right there with you regarding the united force vs. solitary protector, that's been my prediction of endgame of the entire series, it won't be just Midoryia vs. Shigaraki/All For One, it'll be Class 1A vs. the League Of Villains, everyone together as one.
    Exactly, and since this movie is based on Horikoshi's original ending I'm hoping that means we'll indeed get the entire class showing what they can do together to show that they're all worthy of inheriting All Might's legacy.
    The big question is what role do they want each of the characters to have for the film. I assume if Bakugo is gonna have a bigger role, they'll probably be playing around with him knowing All Might's secret, so it would have to be after the License Exam. And the only other real plausible time would be after Overhaul, and that just seems like a bit too big of a leap in time for this movie to go for.

I don't think it should be too hard for them to squeeze this in right before they start the Internships. They were able to fairly easily squeeze in an extra summer vacation before the start of Season 3 that was non-existent in the book.
    It's depends a bit on how long the movie spans. Two Heroes took place over the course of a couple days or so. If they're going with something like that then they'll have more leeway with fitting it inbetween the seasons.

But yeah, based on what we've seen so far I'm thinking that Bakugo will have a bigger role. I'm also hoping that Uraraka gets to do more active hero stuff compared to Two Heroes.
    You're probably right that its probably just an easter egg, but it at least opens up the potential that Nine could show up in the manga more prominently down the line. In comparison to the Shields from Two Heroes, who still haven't made an appearance in the main book (although Melissa just recently popped up in the Team-Up Missions spin-off)
    We'll see what kind of condition Nine is in after the movie. Maybe it'll end on a teaser of him being thrown into Tartaros and All For One smirking in his cell and going "Well, well well. Seems like I just got quite the interesting neighbour."

Extraordinary Member

New chapter's been out for a while. It's continues the arc's slow burn build up and gives us a sinister deadline.

spoilers:
    Endeavor and Hawks have a really good understanding of one another since Endeavor was actually able to pick up on and get Hawks' message. They make an odd but effective duo. I wonder what the kids will think of the book Hawks gave them.

I get a feeling that Burnin, the famous sidekick is going to be quite popular with the fandom. She seems quite fun. In fact, Endeavor's sidekicks all seem surprisingly lively and fun loving. I'd expect him to run a more stoic operation.

That cliffhanger opens up a lot of scary possiblities. Shigaraki is out to get another power-up and they're all planning a big destructive event in four months time. Hawks knows parts of it but no everything. So it could still go a lot of ways.

Small notes. The League sitting around looking all professional with computers and **** made me smirk. Hawks continues to have the coolest version of "wings" as a power that I've ever seen. I do understand and appreciate that we're getting a lot of insight into what Hawks is doing for the sake of the story, but I kinda want to focus a bit more on the kids in the coming chapters.
    end of spoilers

New chapter's been out for a while. It's continues the arc's slow burn build up and gives us a sinister deadline.

spoilers:
    Endeavor and Hawks have a really good understanding of one another since Endeavor was actually able to pick up on and get Hawks' message. They make an odd but effective duo. I wonder what the kids will think of the book Hawks gave them.

I get a feeling that Burnin, the famous sidekick is going to be quite popular with the fandom. She seems quite fun. In fact, Endeavor's sidekicks all seem surprisingly lively and fun loving. I'd expect him to run a more stoic operation.

That cliffhanger opens up a lot of scary possiblities. Shigaraki is out to get another power-up and they're all planning a big destructive event in four months time. Hawks knows parts of it but no everything. So it could still go a lot of ways.

Small notes. The League sitting around looking all professional with computers and **** made me smirk. Hawks continues to have the coolest version of "wings" as a power that I've ever seen. I do understand and appreciate that we're getting a lot of insight into what Hawks is doing for the sake of the story, but I kinda want to focus a bit more on the kids in the coming chapters.
    end of spoilers
    I wanted to wait until the official ViZ translation was out because there was alot of extra text in this and wanted to see if anything was effected.

Just like with the last few chapters, I'm really liking how quickly everything's been progressing, I always forget but going back through the older volumes, the parts of the story in-between the big fights do get alot of information and development out pretty fast, while the battles just end up feeling longer than usual due to the release schedule and them feeling shorter at first.

spoilers:
    The 2nd word hint is much more emphasized in the official TL rather than in the OG TL, so I thought that was a nice detail. Also really like you get to see some little excerpts from the book itself, like Destro mentioning about a "Societal collapse looming". Hawks' message does remain the same though.

The fandom always loves the crazy yelling girls. They love Bunny girl from the Pro Hero arc, they love Reporter girl (RIP) from last arc,
    And that is a good point regarding the sidekicks. I saw some people mentioned their attitudes resembled more closely to Endeavor's original self before his change, but I do agree they're much more energetic and enthusiastic than even original Endeavor was.

That power Shigaraki's getting almost HAS to be All For One right? And four months time just happens to be the start of second year, which is obviously not a coincidence. What if the plan is to destroy UA? He wants to destroy everything people hold dear, why not start with the place that's the symbol of heroes, and home to two of the people he hates the most. The big question is whether Endeavor is gonna figure this out before the 4 months are up, or we won't get anything until the time is ready.

I can get why Hawks is getting alot of attention, he's still fairly new and super important so he wants to use him as much as possible, but yeah I'm hoping we can see more of how Midoryia, Bakugo, and Todoroki act between each other, beyond just reacting to the adults around them.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    The 2nd word hint is much more emphasized in the official TL rather than in the OG TL, so I thought that was a nice detail. Also really like you get to see some little excerpts from the book itself, like Destro mentioning about a "Societal collapse looming". Hawks' message does remain the same though.

The fandom always loves the crazy yelling girls. They love Bunny girl from the Pro Hero arc, they love Reporter girl (RIP) from last arc,
    And that is a good point regarding the sidekicks. I saw some people mentioned their attitudes resembled more closely to Endeavor's original self before his change, but I do agree they're much more energetic and enthusiastic than even original Endeavor was.

That power Shigaraki's getting almost HAS to be All For One right? And four months time just happens to be the start of second year, which is obviously not a coincidence. What if the plan is to destroy UA? He wants to destroy everything people hold dear, why not start with the place that's the symbol of heroes, and home to two of the people he hates the most. The big question is whether Endeavor is gonna figure this out before the 4 months are up, or we won't get anything until the time is ready.

I can get why Hawks is getting alot of attention, he's still fairly new and super important so he wants to use him as much as possible, but yeah I'm hoping we can see more of how Midoryia, Bakugo, and Todoroki act between each other, beyond just reacting to the adults around them.
    end of spoilers
    Miruko (bunny pro hero) is a fun side character and lots of people like their muscular ladies (fun side note, she's actually shorter than Deku). I'm still a bit sad that Curious died, she had a fun gimmick and I just fell in love with her color scheme when it was revealed. I think that Burnin will be neat as well.

Makes me wonder who hires the sidekick at Endeavor's agency. I'm thinking that as long as they produce quality results Endeavor doesn't really care how they act during off hours, and he might realise that the level of cheer they bring is important even if he doesn't contribute to it.

I'm thinking that at this point just UA is a bit too small for Shigaraki. Wiping that school off the map is probably/definately on Shigaraki's top ten list of things he wants to do. But going after only one target like that is what he did when it was just him, his hand collection, his baby sitter, the genetic freak pet his crime dad let him have and ll the useless thugs he could gather together. Now he's got a massive army, untold resources and much greater self-awareness and power.

I mean, if he really wanted to he could have some of his cohorts act as a distraction to draw out Aizawa (the biggest problem at UA to be honest), and then just start spreading his decay towards the school from at another location near the school. That tears down the whole physical place, probably hurts and kills a bunch of people and sends a big message. I do think that he will include UA in his big plans (probably as the crowning achivement of it all), but it's going to be wider in scope and scale.

Again, I get why we're focusing on Hawks and Endeavor right now. It's just about time to get into the heads of our real main characters, we've been outside of them for quite some time now.

I'm thinking that at this point just UA is a bit too small for Shigaraki. Wiping that school off the map is probably/definately on Shigaraki's top ten list of things he wants to do. But going after only one target like that is what he did when it was just him, his hand collection, his baby sitter, the genetic freak pet his crime dad let him have and ll the useless thugs he could gather together. Now he's got a massive army, untold resources and much greater self-awareness and power.

I mean, if he really wanted to he could have some of his cohorts act as a distraction to draw out Aizawa (the biggest problem at UA to be honest), and then just start spreading his decay towards the school from at another location near the school. That tears down the whole physical place, probably hurts and kills a bunch of people and sends a big message. I do think that he will include UA in his big plans (probably as the crowning achivement of it all), but it's going to be wider in scope and scale.

Again, I get why we're focusing on Hawks and Endeavor right now. It's just about time to get into the heads of our real main characters, we've been outside of them for quite some time now.
    The reason I guess UA is I feel like Shigaraki isn't gonna go completely all out right away, and that destroying UA would be something big story and character wise to make his vision known, and acts as merely just one of the early steps of his ultimate goals.

The other example, which may make more sense as possibly a Step 1, could be destroying Tartarus, which of course allow him to reunite with All For One, and let out all the locked up inmates spreading the chaos around the city.

And I agree, like I mentioned before. most of what we've gotten from the kids have been them reacting to what the adults say and do, so I think it'd be good if we got the chance to hear from them specifically how they feel about everything. All 3 of them are such radically different emotionally we've never got to see them bounce off each other in this kind of environment. Gonna be much different than the meetings between the kids during the Overhaul arc thats for sure.

Extraordinary Member

Trailer for the next movie.

Nine seems to be some kind of ultimate modified human that the Doctor created.

Really seems like all of class 1A will participate so I'm really hoping for some cool combo moves.

Trailer for the next movie.

Nine seems to be some kind of ultimate modified human that the Doctor created.

Really seems like all of class 1A will participate so I'm really hoping for some cool combo moves.
    So that's why Nine's suit looks so similar to All For One, made by the same dude. (I'm also only now making the connection remembering that Midoryia is also the 9th One For All inheritor, soooooooo.....)

It is really good to see all of Class 1A getting a prominent role now.

I'm also hearing alot of talk from people saying that the movie actually takes place AFTER the events of the most recent villains arc, but I'm not sure if that's been confirmed, or just speculation due to Hawks and Ujiko's appearances (plus Shigaraki rocking a sweet new red jacket). So that'll be a very interesting decision if they do end up going that route, though I'm still not sure considering it may be a bit weird to spoil anime viewers that much.

Edit: Found an upload of the trailer with subtitles. Turns out he's called Nine because holds nine quirks (HMMMM) and supposedly can also steal quirks like All For One.

Last edited by Inversed; 10-11-2019 at 04:46 PM.