Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I'm still thinking that they can get this into season 5.

Here's how I'm picturing it:
    Season 4: Overhaul arc + School Festival arc
    Season 5: Pro Hero Arc + Final Exam Arc + My Villain Academia arc and finish with this Intern arc (it would be weird to finish the season with the villains).

Catching several cars in middair and safely placing them back on the ground is already a rather complex feat, so I really hope we're sticking with that level of skill and power at the very least. I don't think we'll see the next quirk appear for a bit. It'll most likely require some extreme situation, or maybe Deku will try to contact the vestiges and bring it out by himself.
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Season 5 just covers up till Villain arc, just based on all the previous seasons' approach to adapting the amount of story. (4 episodes for Pro Hero, 9 episodes for Joint Training, 12 episodes for Villains)

Although, since those 3 arcs are not only mostly fighting, but the chapters also start to get shorter than previous chapters, I could possibly see them being able to condense the story enough that they could end S5 with Ch. 246, the one that has the big montage page of all the characters' in their internships, since that feels like a good way to end off a season. I don't see them getting to this point at least, especially since we don't know exactly how long the arc will turn out. (If you count Overhaul as two different arcs, Internship & Raid, then no MHA arc has gone on longer than 25 chapters).

My prediction is the next quirk will appear during the Villains' "April event" and that'll be Midoryia's struggle for that part, having to deal with the awakening in the middle of all the chaos. Also remember a few chapters back, All Might did write his own analysis notebook about all the previous OFA successors and their quirks, so you can probably imagine Midoryia will get that the next time they see each other.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Season 5 just covers up till Villain arc, just based on all the previous seasons' approach to adapting the amount of story. (4 episodes for Pro Hero, 9 episodes for Joint Training, 12 episodes for Villains)

Although, since those 3 arcs are not only mostly fighting, but the chapters also start to get shorter than previous chapters, I could possibly see them being able to condense the story enough that they could end S5 with Ch. 246, the one that has the big montage page of all the characters' in their internships, since that feels like a good way to end off a season. I don't see them getting to this point at least, especially since we don't know exactly how long the arc will turn out. (If you count Overhaul as two different arcs, Internship & Raid, then no MHA arc has gone on longer than 25 chapters).

My prediction is the next quirk will appear during the Villains' "April event" and that'll be Midoryia's struggle for that part, having to deal with the awakening in the middle of all the chaos. Also remember a few chapters back, All Might did write his own analysis notebook about all the previous OFA successors and their quirks, so you can probably imagine Midoryia will get that the next time they see each other.
    Yeah, I can agree with them ending on that montage, possibly adding a bit more narration from Deku since he's the main character. Although, the Joint Training and Villains arc are about as long in the manga, with the Joint Training arc being one chapter longer actually. But there is a lot more dense storytelling in that one so it might take longer for the anime to tell.

I can see Deku struggling one more time with a new power before realising that he's got to take a more proactive stance on drawing them all out of One For All. And something bursting out of him towards the end of whatever the battle in April will be. It'll probably be another instance of him almost saving the day with this new power but just missing the mark and redoubling on mastering all his quirks.

Yeah, I can agree with them ending on that montage, possibly adding a bit more narration from Deku since he's the main character. Although, the Joint Training and Villains arc are about as long in the manga, with the Joint Training arc being one chapter longer actually. But there is a lot more dense storytelling in that one so it might take longer for the anime to tell.

I can see Deku struggling one more time with a new power before realising that he's got to take a more proactive stance on drawing them all out of One For All. And something bursting out of him towards the end of whatever the battle in April will be. It'll probably be another instance of him almost saving the day with this new power but just missing the mark and redoubling on mastering all his quirks.
    Yeah, Joint Training is pretty much all battles, so I could easily see them fitting each of the rounds in just one episode each, with some slight exceptions, like Bakugo's only needing like half an episode, while Midoryia's closer to like 1 and a half. Even with all the fighting in the Villain arcs, there's alot of character and worldbuilding so I can see them wanting to devote a whole half season just for them, which I think overall would be really cool to see, don't think there are too many anime in which the main character is completely absent for half a whole season.

I think what I'm most excited for, more than seeing what his new power will be, is seeing the reactions from everyone else. Because he was able to get away with explaining Black Whip as just a new form of energy manipulation, but if, say, he starts to be able to control one of the elements, people will start to question what's really going on. Was a tad disappointed Aizawa wasn't a bit more suspicious about what's been going on, so I would imagine if another new power started to surface, Todoroki and Endeavor would definitely start to question what's up.

Yeah, Joint Training is pretty much all battles, so I could easily see them fitting each of the rounds in just one episode each, with some slight exceptions, like Bakugo's only needing like half an episode, while Midoryia's closer to like 1 and a half. Even with all the fighting in the Villain arcs, there's alot of character and worldbuilding so I can see them wanting to devote a whole half season just for them, which I think overall would be really cool to see, don't think there are too many anime in which the main character is completely absent for half a whole season.

I think what I'm most excited for, more than seeing what his new power will be, is seeing the reactions from everyone else. Because he was able to get away with explaining Black Whip as just a new form of energy manipulation, but if, say, he starts to be able to control one of the elements, people will start to question what's really going on. Was a tad disappointed Aizawa wasn't a bit more suspicious about what's been going on, so I would imagine if another new power started to surface, Todoroki and Endeavor would definitely start to question what's up.
    Especially if his next quirk is completely different from super strength and blackwhip

The juicy family drama continues, and appears to hit its apex in this chapter!

spoilers:
    In the aftermath of Ending's fight, Endeavor has a conversation with Natsuo. Natsuo breaks down saying that no matter what happens he can't so easily forgive him for what happened with Toya, with Endeavor saying it's okay if he doesn't forgive him and that he's working on something to help the family be able to move on.

As Ending is sent away by the police, and the ongoing "darkness" surrounding Endeavor is mentioned again, Bakugo reveals he does have a hero name and won't tell anyone before he tells someone else first (which we all know is Best Jeanist).

Lastly, Endeavor reveals to Fuyumi his plan is to help her and Natsuo find a new place for them to move into alongside their mother, while he stays at their old house, supporting them from afar.

Bakugo noping out of Endeavor's arms may be my favourite little visual gag in a long time in this book, and that's saying something with how many good ones there are. Just perfectly timed.

I really like the extra detail of Endeavor hurting Natsuo with his flames, due to his colder structure (I don't think they've mentioned exactly what his quirk is but we do know its closer to the ice side). So it doesn't just hurt emotionally, but physically to be around him.

Once again they show to be handling everything regarding these issues exactly right, in that there's no real easy answers. Good intentions can't immediately make up for years of abuse, and recognizing this, feels the best way is to support them being a family on their own and giving them some space, so that they can decide for themselves when they are emotionally ready to try again. And honestly, this really is so much better and more interesting than making him just an irredeemable a-hole who doesn't learn and is just an ongoing obstacle, or someone who completely changes on a dime with all previous actions basically ignored like they didn't matter. Really is the most mature way of going about all of this (although those death flags of his just keep getting waved higher and higher)

With that "darkness" mention again, I know it's probably really obvious thinking but worth bringing up at least, is that the Paranormal Liberation Front are probably setting these crazy guys loose after him, as a way to send a message to the #1 hero themselves before things really starts hitting the fan in a few months.

Even with all the family drama, Bakugo actually deciding on a hero name may be the most exciting. And if what supposedly happened to Jeanist did actually happen (I don't completely buy it but it is still possible), now I really wanna see how Bakugo would react to that.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Horikoshi is really hitting Endeavor's character development out of the park. I've always loved a good redemption storyline and this complex take on atoning for years of abuse is a really good one.

spoilers:

Endeavor recognising that the main thing standing in the way of his family's happiness is he himself is such a good and true turn. Between Natsuo's justified resentment, Shoto's conflicted feelings, Fuyumi just doing her best to make things work between them all, Rei probably having tons of PTSD that would trigger just from meeting the man and Touya's lingering ghost there's no way that things could work out for them as long as Endeavor is in the direct picture.

So he does the only really kind thing he can at this point. He's going to let them go and live their lives without him so that they can heal and find their own happiness. If that means that Endeavor can never be with them again, then so be it. That's the price he'll have to pay for abusing them.

This really is a more nuanced take on an abuse story than I ever thought we'd get when Endeavor's actions were first revealed. He has actually seen the error of his ways and is more than just a horrible person and is actually trying to change. But that alone just isn't enough. He won't get any awards for hindsight or saying sorry, there are consequences to his actions and no easy answers. There's just so much to unpack and we still don't even know what went down with Touya. This is so good.

On the negative end, this is one of the instances where I found Bakugo's abrasiveness to be much more annoying than entertaining. It's like, you and your classmates just did some really good work to save people from a lunatic. Could you not insult the civilians and Deku and not try to lord things over a man who's clearly having an emotional moment just so you could get off of his frustrations? Like, just don't be a little **** for once. Gah!
    end of spoilers

Horikoshi is really hitting Endeavor's character development out of the park. I've always loved a good redemption storyline and this complex take on atoning for years of abuse is a really good one.

spoilers:

Endeavor recognising that the main thing standing in the way of his family's happiness is he himself is such a good and true turn. Between Natsuo's justified resentment, Shoto's conflicted feelings, Fuyumi just doing her best to make things work between them all, Rei probably having tons of PTSD that would trigger just from meeting the man and Touya's lingering ghost there's no way that things could work out for them as long as Endeavor is in the direct picture.

So he does the only really kind thing he can at this point. He's going to let them go and live their lives without him so that they can heal and find their own happiness. If that means that Endeavor can never be with them again, then so be it. That's the price he'll have to pay for abusing them.

This really is a more nuanced take on an abuse story than I ever thought we'd get when Endeavor's actions were first revealed. He has actually seen the error of his ways and is more than just a horrible person and is actually trying to change. But that alone just isn't enough. He won't get any awards for hindsight or saying sorry, there are consequences to his actions and no easy answers. There's just so much to unpack and we still don't even know what went down with Touya. This is so good.

On the negative end, this is one of the instances where I found Bakugo's abrasiveness to be much more annoying than entertaining. It's like, you and your classmates just did some really good work to save people from a lunatic. Could you not insult the civilians and Deku and not try to lord things over a man who's clearly having an emotional moment just so you could get off of his frustrations? Like, just don't be a little **** for once. Gah!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I like that this is seemingly for the first time (because I don't remember him specifically mentioning this previously), he's recognized he hasn't been taking any responsibility and neglecting his familiar duties, just changing his attitude and outlook and expecting the rest of the family to change alongside him. I really love Natsuo's line of "Why do I have to be the one to change?" because that really hits so close to home for me and I think many others, where the one who's been hurt feel they have to be the "better person" when faced against the one who hurt them.

The only thing I think personally is missing, which would make this all perfect, is addressing his ego and pride that caused him to act this way in the first place. This all started because he was mad he couldn't get ranked as the #1 Hero, no matter how hard he tried, so essentially tried to "cheat the system" and breed a successor who could. I think if they could delve into the why he wanted to be "the best" this much, the selfish attitude that arose over just being a good hero, and maybe have him question some of the setups of hero placing and society as a whole (something Hawks did during the Ranking ceremony), it might make his journey and development all the more effective.

I do like that Midoryia seems to be not even paying attention to most of his insults and raging attitudes, when he shouts about the "Extras/Unnamed nobodies" and Midoyia's just all "I don't know who you're talking about, but the civilians are safe". But yeah, even after the License Exam, the Remedial Courses, and getting cut out of all the interviews, seems like he still hasn't learned anything about acting in front of the public, which is kind of annoying regarding how his own development has been. And Bakugo getting mad saying he'll never tell them his hero name, even though he should realize they're gonna know eventually once he goes public right?
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I like that this is seemingly for the first time (because I don't remember him specifically mentioning this previously), he's recognized he hasn't been taking any responsibility and neglecting his familiar duties, just changing his attitude and outlook and expecting the rest of the family to change alongside him. I really love Natsuo's line of "Why do I have to be the one to change?" because that really hits so close to home for me and I think many others, where the one who's been hurt feel they have to be the "better person" when faced against the one who hurt them.

The only thing I think personally is missing, which would make this all perfect, is addressing his ego and pride that caused him to act this way in the first place. This all started because he was mad he couldn't get ranked as the #1 Hero, no matter how hard he tried, so essentially tried to "cheat the system" and breed a successor who could. I think if they could delve into the why he wanted to be "the best" this much, the selfish attitude that arose over just being a good hero, and maybe have him question some of the setups of hero placing and society as a whole (something Hawks did during the Ranking ceremony), it might make his journey and development all the more effective.

I do like that Midoryia seems to be not even paying attention to most of his insults and raging attitudes, when he shouts about the "Extras/Unnamed nobodies" and Midoyia's just all "I don't know who you're talking about, but the civilians are safe". But yeah, even after the License Exam, the Remedial Courses, and getting cut out of all the interviews, seems like he still hasn't learned anything about acting in front of the public, which is kind of annoying regarding how his own development has been. And Bakugo getting mad saying he'll never tell them his hero name, even though he should realize they're gonna know eventually once he goes public right?
    end of spoilers
    Absolutely, the burden of changing is pretty much completely on Endeavor's shoulders as it should be. It's good of him to take this step for his family, but even then comments like "I was never trying to neglect any of you." shows that he's still got a ways to go. Which is realistic and part of what's making this such a fascinating character study.

And I agree that we're still missing something about Endeavor's character here. His obsession with becoming number 1 made him despair so much that he did monstrous things to his wife and children. Where did that attitude come from? How much like Bakugo or Deku was Endeavor in his youth? Was he always that gung-ho about becoming number 1 or was he just a very ambitious hero who snapped when All Might showed up and made the number 1 an impossible goal? I'm pretty sure that the whole ranking system is going to get blown up at some point in the story since it does foster some bad mojo within the hero society (though not nearly as bad as in say One Punch-Man). But the first chapter does close with Deku saying he'll become the greatest hero (though not hero who is ranked number 1). Hmm.

I think part of the problem is that Horikoshi just like writing Bakugo's bursts of anger, and they can certainly be amusing but not all the time. It's especially glaring compared to Deku and Shoto who have nice little signs of development along with their bigger moment. Deku brushing off the anger burst is nice for now. And I think he's just exaggerating about the name because he's too frustrated to be logical. I kinda hope his name idea hasn't changed that much, like now it's "Explosion Emperor" or something along those lines.

Absolutely, the burden of changing is pretty much completely on Endeavor's shoulders as it should be. It's good of him to take this step for his family, but even then comments like "I was never trying to neglect any of you." shows that he's still got a ways to go. Which is realistic and part of what's making this such a fascinating character study.

And I agree that we're still missing something about Endeavor's character here. His obsession with becoming number 1 made him despair so much that he did monstrous things to his wife and children. Where did that attitude come from? How much like Bakugo or Deku was Endeavor in his youth? Was he always that gung-ho about becoming number 1 or was he just a very ambitious hero who snapped when All Might showed up and made the number 1 an impossible goal? I'm pretty sure that the whole ranking system is going to get blown up at some point in the story since it does foster some bad mojo within the hero society (though not nearly as bad as in say One Punch-Man). But the first chapter does close with Deku saying he'll become the greatest hero (though not hero who is ranked number 1). Hmm.

I think part of the problem is that Horikoshi just like writing Bakugo's bursts of anger, and they can certainly be amusing but not all the time. It's especially glaring compared to Deku and Shoto who have nice little signs of development along with their bigger moment. Deku brushing off the anger burst is nice for now. And I think he's just exaggerating about the name because he's too frustrated to be logical. I kinda hope his name idea hasn't changed that much, like now it's "Explosion Emperor" or something along those lines.
    I feel like Endeavor is the kind of hero Bakugo would've turned out to be if he didn't have Midoryia (and then everyone else at UA) to humble him. Someone who thought he was the best for so much of his life, that when he was proven wrong through All Might as this unstoppable outside force, all he could do is lash out.

Since my theory has been that the conclusion will involve all the younger generation of heroes coming together to work as one unit, rather than competing to achieve similar goals like it is now, so Midoryia will become "the greatest hero", not so much in his ranking, his power, etc., but in his work as an inspiration to everyone, his drive and his actions over his actual abilities. We've already seen how his actions have effected the rest of Class 1A (which the series even remarks upon themselves), people he saved like Kota and Eri, and then even the whole Todoroki family situation, which might not have resolved itself if not for Midoryia's inputs and actions.

So turns out last chapter was the final one for the "Endeavor Agency" arc, and looks like we're heading into a new one, where we're already starting off with a very MASSIVE lore bomb AND Vigilantes crossover.

spoilers:
    The class are all coming back together after the winter break, with just 3 months before finishing their freshman year (and all the bad stuff starts happening)

The boys and girls each go to suit up and prepare to show off what they learned in their internships. Uraraka shows off her new outfit, and Mina starts messing with her after finding the All Might keychain Midoryia got her for Christmas in it (TOO CUTEEEEEE). Midoryia talks about how he managed to control Black Whip, albeit still with some limitations. Then...I'm kinda confused about this part, but it seems like Bakugo stabs Midoryia in the back of his head with part of his costume in a fit of rage, which might be one of the biggest WTF things he's ever done.

All Might then shows up to fill in for Aizawa who had to step out for emergency reasons. Turns out, he and Present Mic were called by the Detective guy and Gran Torino to go to Tartarus, where they reveal they have been interrogating Kurogiri this whole time trying to find information about where the League Of Villains are. The real twist? Not only is he part Nomu, but he is actually Oboro Shirakumo, Aizawa's old supposedly dead friend (he was mentioned once in the previous arc, but most who would recognize that name would be from Vigilantes, where their backstory's actually shown)

Haven't completely caught up with Vigilantes, so the revelation of who he is didn't hit me as hard, but Kurogiri actually being a Nomu is a big shock, and if we consider Gigantomachia into all of this, I really wanna know about all the other experiments and what else they've been able to make at this point.
    end of spoilers

Also some slight spoilers about some revelations for the 2nd Movie regarding where it is in continuity:
    spoilers:
    Turns out it will be occurring around the same time as the Deika incident/the League Of Villains arc. Meaning past what would be Season 5 territory. Which is not only a big surprise of how far ahead they're jumping anime-wise for this, but also further emphasizing the link between the two and how much more "canon" this movie will be.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

So turns out last chapter was the final one for the "Endeavor Agency" arc, and looks like we're heading into a new one, where we're already starting off with a very MASSIVE lore bomb AND Vigilantes crossover.

spoilers:
    The class are all coming back together after the winter break, with just 3 months before finishing their freshman year (and all the bad stuff starts happening)

The boys and girls each go to suit up and prepare to show off what they learned in their internships. Uraraka shows off her new outfit, and Mina starts messing with her after finding the All Might keychain Midoryia got her for Christmas in it (TOO CUTEEEEEE). Midoryia talks about how he managed to control Black Whip, albeit still with some limitations. Then...I'm kinda confused about this part, but it seems like Bakugo stabs Midoryia in the back of his head with part of his costume in a fit of rage, which might be one of the biggest WTF things he's ever done.

All Might then shows up to fill in for Aizawa who had to step out for emergency reasons. Turns out, he and Present Mic were called by the Detective guy and Gran Torino to go to Tartarus, where they reveal they have been interrogating Kurogiri this whole time trying to find information about where the League Of Villains are. The real twist? Not only is he part Nomu, but he is actually Oboro Shirakumo, Aizawa's old supposedly dead friend (he was mentioned once in the previous arc, but most who would recognize that name would be from Vigilantes, where their backstory's actually shown)

Haven't completely caught up with Vigilantes, so the revelation of who he is didn't hit me as hard, but Kurogiri actually being a Nomu is a big shock, and if we consider Gigantomachia into all of this, I really wanna know about all the other experiments and what else they've been able to make at this point.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, this is basically Horikoshi saying, "BTWs readers, you should really be reading the Vigilantes spinoff. I'm so far behind on that one. Should fix that.

spoilers:
    I'm a giant shipper nerd and IzuOcha goodness always warms my heart. Via shipping goggles that strap is basically their engagement ring at this point. Yes, I'm that deep in. And her expression towards the end of the sequence is just lovely. Like, the art is fantastic right there.

I've seen three interpretations of Bakugo's little outburst.
    1. It's him being jealous and insecure about Deku's progress even though he's also improving. This is the one I believe in.
    2. Bakugo is trying to stop Deku from talking too much about One For All.
    3. Jokingly someone suggested that Bakugo got jealous that Kirishima was praising Deku's improvement.
    Either way, it's a joke about Bakugo's overreaction and kinda the same as what I commented on last week. He really needs to just get over... a lot of things.

I also appreciated Iida getting a neat little scene, however brief, at the start of the chapter. I just want all the kids to get some more focus. That's a lot to ask, but I'm still hoping for it.

Then we get all the plot relevant stuff about Kurogiri/Shirakumo which just kinda came out of nowhere if you're not caught up on the spinoff since there's not a lot of build up in the main series. I'm not quite sure if that's fair from a reader perspective or not. But we'll see how Horikoshi handles it next week.

And the expanse of the Nomu project just grows. So far we've got the brain dead attack dogs with multiple quirks, Gigantomachia who has limited mental capabilities and immense power and finally Kurogiri who's perfectly sound mentally and has only a single quirk that's some kind of fusion of several others. All these variations have been steps towards the procedure that Shigaraki is currently going through so I think that the key to finally beating Shigaraki will also be to understand these experiments.

We're about to get a very emotional lore bomb me thinks.
    end of spoilers

Also some slight spoilers about some revelations for the 2nd Movie regarding where it is in continuity:
    spoilers:
    Turns out it will be occurring around the same time as the Deika incident/the League Of Villains arc. Meaning past what would be Season 5 territory. Which is not only a big surprise of how far ahead they're jumping anime-wise for this, but also further emphasizing the link between the two and how much more "canon" this movie will be.
    end of spoilers
    Hmm. Interesting.

Horikoshi is working harder than any other mangaka I know to make the anime and movie exclusive stuff canon. That's really neat.

Yeah, this is basically Horikoshi saying, "BTWs readers, you should really be reading the Vigilantes spinoff. I'm so far behind on that one. Should fix that.

spoilers:
    I'm a giant shipper nerd and IzuOcha goodness always warms my heart. Via shipping goggles that strap is basically their engagement ring at this point. Yes, I'm that deep in. And her expression towards the end of the sequence is just lovely. Like, the art is fantastic right there.

I've seen three interpretations of Bakugo's little outburst.
    1. It's him being jealous and insecure about Deku's progress even though he's also improving. This is the one I believe in.
    2. Bakugo is trying to stop Deku from talking too much about One For All.
    3. Jokingly someone suggested that Bakugo got jealous that Kirishima was praising Deku's improvement.
    Either way, it's a joke about Bakugo's overreaction and kinda the same as what I commented on last week. He really needs to just get over... a lot of things.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I think him being jealous and insecure about Midoryia being all "Oh yeah I can't really use it alot, but it's strong!" made him act out in rage. It's just that most of his rage towards him has been mostly vocal and not physical in a while, and usually whenever Midoryia "comes into his space". So him suddenly stabbing him with his piece out of nowhere (and causing him to bleed too!) just feels really off even for him.

The official translation doesn't seem to solve any problems either. Fan version he said "Disgusting" and now he's all "Dun like it". So yea, seems like he's just acting in jealously and annoyed at how modest he's being, but is starting to get a little annoying, even if its mostly for comedic sake. It's about to be a whole year soon, probably should've grown up a bit in some way by now.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I also appreciated Iida getting a neat little scene, however brief, at the start of the chapter. I just want all the kids to get some more focus. That's a lot to ask, but I'm still hoping for it.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, some of the best moments are just seeing the kids hanging out and chilling with each other. I hope, even though all the reveal stuff is really great, that isn't all we focus on and we actually do get to see some more of Class 1A in their classes and training, before the BIG things start happening.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Then we get all the plot relevant stuff about Kurogiri/Shirakumo which just kinda came out of nowhere if you're not caught up on the spinoff since there's not a lot of build up in the main series. I'm not quite sure if that's fair from a reader perspective or not. But we'll see how Horikoshi handles it next week.

And the expanse of the Nomu project just grows. So far we've got the brain dead attack dogs with multiple quirks, Gigantomachia who has limited mental capabilities and immense power and finally Kurogiri who's perfectly sound mentally and has only a single quirk that's some kind of fusion of several others. All these variations have been steps towards the procedure that Shigaraki is currently going through so I think that the key to finally beating Shigaraki will also be to understand these experiments.

We're about to get a very emotional lore bomb me thinks.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think it depends on how much of Shirakumo's backstory they end up revealing in this arc in comparison to what was shown in Vigilantes. Since he was briefly mentioned (and flashed back to) earlier in this book, there is some prescedence to his existence and doesn't completely come out of nowhere, but where else they go with him we'll have to see.

And then there's of course Nine who's just another piece of the puzzle. I've heard some other rumblings that Kurogiri may end up being one of the eight previous experiments, so that would be very interesting to see, especially if it does end up happening right around now as the movie is coming out.
    end of spoilers

Horikoshi is working harder than any other mangaka I know to make the anime and movie exclusive stuff canon. That's really neat.
    Seems like he wants to make a super canon, where everything is canon

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Yeah, I think him being jealous and insecure about Midoryia being all "Oh yeah I can't really use it alot, but it's strong!" made him act out in rage. It's just that most of his rage towards him has been mostly vocal and not physical in a while, and usually whenever Midoryia "comes into his space". So him suddenly stabbing him with his piece out of nowhere (and causing him to bleed too!) just feels really off even for him.

The official translation doesn't seem to solve any problems either. Fan version he said "Disgusting" and now he's all "Dun like it". So yea, seems like he's just acting in jealously and annoyed at how modest he's being, but is starting to get a little annoying, even if its mostly for comedic sake. It's about to be a whole year soon, probably should've grown up a bit in some way by now.
    end of spoilers
    Horikoshi does seem to have a tendency to go a bit far with Bakugo (as seen with the bullying that has yet to be addressed) and the humor. It is starting to grate on me as well. And while it can still be funny and I don't hate him, it's stuff like this that keeps Bakugo out of my top ten list for the series (and I have freaking Monoma on that list).
    spoilers:
    Yeah, some of the best moments are just seeing the kids hanging out and chilling with each other. I hope, even though all the reveal stuff is really great, that isn't all we focus on and we actually do get to see some more of Class 1A in their classes and training, before the BIG things start happening.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, I've been missing the class a lot in general. And specifically I want to see more of Deku hanging out with Iida and Uraraka. They're his real original friends and I want that trio back. Then **** can start hitting the fan.

A lot of people are actually speculating that all the IzuOcha hinting we've been getting lately is foreshadowing for something that'll get real angsty. ...I don't know how I feel about that.
    spoilers:
    I think it depends on how much of Shirakumo's backstory they end up revealing in this arc in comparison to what was shown in Vigilantes. Since he was briefly mentioned (and flashed back to) earlier in this book, there is some prescedence to his existence and doesn't completely come out of nowhere, but where else they go with him we'll have to see.

And then there's of course Nine who's just another piece of the puzzle. I've heard some other rumblings that Kurogiri may end up being one of the eight previous experiments, so that would be very interesting to see, especially if it does end up happening right around now as the movie is coming out.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, it's still real early in the arc and there's a lot of thing to go through. Gonna be an interesting end of the year for the series.
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Seems like he wants to make a super canon, where everything is canon
    Which is pretty neat of him. I wonder if we'll ever get a Vigilantes anime. Seems like an obvious move at his point.

Horikoshi does seem to have a tendency to go a bit far with Bakugo (as seen with the bullying that has yet to be addressed) and the humor. It is starting to grate on me as well. And while it can still be funny and I don't hate him, it's stuff like this that keeps Bakugo out of my top ten list for the series (and I have freaking Monoma on that list).

Yeah, I've been missing the class a lot in general. And specifically I want to see more of Deku hanging out with Iida and Uraraka. They're his real original friends and I want that trio back. Then **** can start hitting the fan.

A lot of people are actually speculating that all the IzuOcha hinting we've been getting lately is foreshadowing for something that'll get real angsty. ...I don't know how I feel about that.

Yeah, it's still real early in the arc and there's a lot of thing to go through. Gonna be an interesting end of the year for the series.

Which is pretty neat of him. I wonder if we'll ever get a Vigilantes anime. Seems like an obvious move at his point.
    Yeah I miss Deku hanging out with Ida and Uraraka, I miss a lot of the class (especially Jiro, Momo and Tsu), which is why I am enjoying the School Brief and Smash books so far, since they then to focus on other characters and the class.

It is surprising that Vigilantes hasn't been animated yet, is it not popular in Japan or something?