Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    A VERY interesting start to a new arc. A lot more world building with a new perspective on how quirks function in society, and seeming to set up Bakugo and Todoroki getting the focus in facing the new threat.

spoilers:
    We're introduced to a very Joker-looking character, head of the Detnreat Company, who wants to expand his resources for people with quirk deformities beyond just for hero work. While discussing everything, he brings up the readings of the "Quirk/Super Power Liberation Army", which his assistant criticizes for being pretentious acts of terrorism. And then gets his neck snapped.

Turns out he's one of the children of Destro, the Army's original founder and an extremist who pushed for people to use their quirks whenever and wherever and committed suicide in prison. The children meet up with a plan to take out the League Of Villains before the government and heroes can.

At this same time, Bakugo and Todoroki complete their Remedial Course training, and just 30 minutes after receiving their license, go to fight a villain rampaging the streets.
    end of spoilers
    I do always appreciate some good world building and the earlier era of humanity with quirks is full of interesting potential stories. So bringing in a group that's tied to one of the more prominent figures from the era is a good choice.

spoilers:
    I appreciated seeing the kids hang out for a bit and just reacting to the snow. It was and gave some us some nice small character moments.

Todoroki and Bakugo teaming up should be interesting. Hopefully they both get to show off a bit here.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    spoilers:
    Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one who got Joker vibes off of the new character (especially some of the animated timverse Jokers), he of course backs it up by murdering the hell out of his employee and it cinched it when he was walking out with that hat and jacket.

The fact that they wish to destroy the league is intriguing, wondering how the logic goes there. Perhaps if there wasn't such a criminal element people would have more freedom to use their quirks? *shrug*
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It is interesting that that this group is planning on offing the League despite both of them rebelling against the laws of society.

My guess is that Destro's children see the LoV as a perversion of their ideals. The LoV clearly just want to cause chaos and be allowed to enact their own desires no matter how dark or sinister they are. Destro's Children on the other hand might just honestly want no restrictions on when you can use your quirk, but there should still be laws and crimes and such things. Just no related to when you use your quirk.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I do always appreciate some good world building and the earlier era of humanity with quirks is full of interesting potential stories. So bringing in a group that's tied to one of the more prominent figures from the era is a good choice.

spoilers:
    I appreciated seeing the kids hang out for a bit and just reacting to the snow. It was and gave some us some nice small character moments.

Todoroki and Bakugo teaming up should be interesting. Hopefully they both get to show off a bit here.
    end of spoilers
    Tsuyu hibernating was a really funny and adorable touch, and Krishima's freakout was great too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    spoilers:
    Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one who got Joker vibes off of the new character (especially some of the animated timverse Jokers), he of course backs it up by murdering the hell out of his employee and it cinched it when he was walking out with that hat and jacket.

The fact that they wish to destroy the league is intriguing, wondering how the logic goes there. Perhaps if there wasn't such a criminal element people would have more freedom to use their quirks? *shrug*
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I do like that they've made a point that all the main antagonists not apart of the League have been vehemently against them. You have Stain who hates villains just as much as "false heroes". Overhaul and the Eight Preceipts, who want to get rid of heroes and villains so the yakuza can reign supreme, Gentle is a criminal, but he's not evil, and only targeted people in non-violent ways, and now these guys who probably hate the League being so open with their crimes/villainy, interfering with their "in the shadows" plans.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Inversed; 03-01-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I do like that they've made a point that all the main antagonists not apart of the League have been vehemently against them. You have Stain who hates villains just as much as "false heroes". Overhaul and the Eight Preceipts, who want to get rid of heroes and villains so the yakuza can reign supreme, Gentle is a criminal, but he's not evil, and only targeted people in non-violent ways, and now these guys who probably hate the League being so open with their crimes/villainy, interfering with their "in the shadows" plans.
    end of spoilers
    I wouldn't say that the Shie Hassaikai wanted to do away with the League. They were mostly looking down on them as a resource that they could use. Though I might be forgetting some specific piece of dialogue.

I wouldn't say that the Shie Hassaikai wanted to do away with the League. They were mostly looking down on them as a resource that they could use. Though I might be forgetting some specific piece of dialogue.
    You're right that they were looking down on them and just wanted to use their skills and resources to help his plans, but ultimately his goal was to distribute the quirk erasing bullets, as well as the quirk restoring drug, basically so that the heroes and villains who wipe each other out and the yakuza would reign supreme out of them all.

Extraordinary Member

You're right that they were looking down on them and just wanted to use their skills and resources to help his plans, but ultimately his goal was to distribute the quirk erasing bullets, as well as the quirk restoring drug, basically so that the heroes and villains who wipe each other out and the yakuza would reign supreme out of them all.
    Right, right. That was the jist.

But in that case neither Stain or Overhaul's crew hated the League specifically. Their eradication would eventually be part of their on-going plan/mission. But it was never about destroying the League in particular.

spoilers:
    This quirk liberation group on the other hand have it in for the League and want them dead. I think it's because of an interesting difference in ideology regarding freedom. In that the Liberation group just want the freedom to use quirks freely and the League just wants the freedom to cause whatever chaos and destruction they want.
    end of spoilers

At least, that's my guess for now.

But in that case neither Stain or Overhaul's crew hated the League specifically. Their eradication would eventually be part of their on-going plan/mission. But it was never about destroying the League in particular.

spoilers:
    This quirk liberation group on the other hand have it in for the League and want them dead. I think it's because of an interesting difference in ideology regarding freedom. In that the Liberation group just want the freedom to use quirks freely and the League just wants the freedom to cause whatever chaos and destruction they want.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Still the only member we've been introduced to so far murdered his long term employee just for talking bad about his dad/movement. So I suppose they don't mind chaos/destruction so long as it meets the end goal or ideal
    end of spoilers
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

That's true, I just meant that that in general each of the other villains had opposing viewpoints to the League, even if the others didn't go after them with as much attention as these guys are currently.

And now for some spoilers from today's chapter:
    spoilers:
    Todoroki and Bakugo once again prove to be an incredibly effective odd couple pairing, easily dispatching of the villains and saving everything. Todoroki even gets some nice one-liners to throw around, and All Might gets a chance to still save someone even in his state.

Turns out the Quirk Liberation Army is recording combat data using bootleg goods, so interesting to see how they're going to be utilizing all that. They also managed to capture Giran, the League of Villains recruiter, so that's another way of showing how dangerous these guys can be.

And looks like we'll finally be figuring out who and what is going on with Gigantomachia soon.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-08-2019 at 04:05 PM.

spoilers:
    There should definitely be a banter class at UA, Todroki could stand to improve a little imo. The flashback looks fun, it's been a while since the league has gotten significant screen time. Next couple chapters will likely focus on them
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Interesting developments this week and I did really want to catch up with the League of Villains so I'm happy now.

spoilers:
    I'm really curious to see how the situation with Giran will go. Dude always seemed like a professional and he's taken a shine to the League so he's probably going to be difficult to crack. But I wonder if the League are ready to try and rescue him.

And I kinda agree with Gigantomachia. While they are certainly dangerous, the League needs to power up somehow if they want to go after their goals, especially Shigaraki. I'm also wondering if Gigantomachia has a quirk beyond being a giant monster man.

Just getting some more insight into both Giran and Gigantomachia should make the coming chapters real fun.
    end of spoilers

New chapter

spoilers:
    Seems the villains are going through internal strife, lack of direction and lack of funds. Robbing (and murdering the **** out of) other groups. Seems they were searching for the power left to the successor, and they've finally found it. Also we get some elaboration on the Doctor/Unseen voice behind the Nomus.
    end of spoilers

That was a really great chapter and loved getting to see everything from the villains perspective (perfect chapter title too)

spoilers:
    Spinner getting attention was great to see, especially since he's really the only one that believes in the "Stain philosophy" that initially attracted most of the other members to the League.

Liked seeing how Shigaraki tried to handle the League being stuck at their lowest point, almost forgot just how so few people there were at the moment.

Looking like we're getting more information about the mysterious Doctor is very exciting, hope we'll end up learning more regarding the Nomu process, and possibly his slight connection with Midoryia.
    end of spoilers

Anyone know if there is an English version of My Hero Academia : Ultra archive

Extraordinary Member

This chapter really showcases one of my favourite aspects of the League of Villains. That they're still more or less rookies at being the big bads. They got all the raw power and skill to be serious threats, but they lack a proper plan, have decidedly limited organizational skills and they've lost all the members that a good at networking.

It's a fun alternative to the villains already being established and powerful from the get go, as most manga do.

spoilers:
    Getting some insight into Spinner was a good choice since he's the most neglected of the League.

And I appreciate that the manga basically goes out of its way to say "This cult is basically a bunch of racists, so you don't have to feel bad about the villains murdering all of them." Reminds me of that one scene from Kingsmen.

It's also funny that the manga poked fun at itself for being a bit slow at the moment.

I wonder if that one theory about the doctor will be confirmed in this arc.
    end of spoilers

So we got a new chapter in a day early and we got a LOT of juicy new information out of it.

spoilers:
    Gigantomachia is All For One's bodyguard that he's seemingly had since the beginning, also is able to possess multiple quirks, and was hid away even before AFO met Shigaraki.

The mysterious Doctor, going by the alias "Ujiko", is the one who possesses the black goop warp, and even after transporting the League to his secret Nomu lab, still wants to keep himself in the shadows and secretive.

I do love that Gigantomachia is basically just a giant child with All For One as his dad he misses, and I love how Shigaraki is all "I don't want this" like he knows it'll be too much trouble to try and control it. And Ujiko has very quickly become someone I wanna learn more about, and what exactly is his whole deal. (Also his design and mannerisms is literally just Doctor Eggman and I absolutely love it)

I think there's an interesting parallel where how Midoryia is trying to live up to All Might's status by becoming his own person, Shigaraki is trying to live up to All For One by becoming more like All For One himself.
    end of spoilers