Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I gathered that thing about Gigantomachia isn't just that he can possess multiple quirks. It's that he can do it without it messing up his brain, like with the Nomus.

I wonder how Ujiko got the goop warp quirk since All For One had it during the fight and I don't think that they could've met so that Ujiko could recieve it.

From what we can see of the good doctor I am more and more leaning towards the theory that this is the same dude as the doctor that declared Izuku quirkless. They have certain similarities.

It'll be interesting to hear Shigaraki's answer. Because he's seemed a bit aimless recently.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    I gathered that thing about Gigantomachia isn't just that he can possess multiple quirks. It's that he can do it without it messing up his brain, like with the Nomus.

I wonder how Ujiko got the goop warp quirk since All For One had it during the fight and I don't think that they could've met so that Ujiko could recieve it.

From what we can see of the good doctor I am more and more leaning towards the theory that this is the same dude as the doctor that declared Izuku quirkless. They have certain similarities.

It'll be interesting to hear Shigaraki's answer. Because he's seemed a bit aimless recently.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think what's also really interesting is it insinuates he may have been his bodyguard from the beginning, so being well over hundreds of years old, plus whatever else All For One has done/given to him, I can imagine it doesn't help his mental capacity.

I have a theory that the Doctor may have a quirk that is like a more advanced version of Monoma's quirk, being able to fully copy quirks. Or possibly All For One has the ability to not just take and give quirks, but copy them as well.

And yeah, it's pretty much a 100% guarantee that the Doctor is the same one from the very first episode. I'm most curious why he needs his space so badly, is there something about him physically he may be hiding?

I wonder what exactly Shigaraki is gonna do to get Ujiko's "approval" within the next month or so until High-End is unleashed.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    I think what's also really interesting is it insinuates he may have been his bodyguard from the beginning, so being well over hundreds of years old, plus whatever else All For One has done/given to him, I can imagine it doesn't help his mental capacity.

I have a theory that the Doctor may have a quirk that is like a more advanced version of Monoma's quirk, being able to fully copy quirks. Or possibly All For One has the ability to not just take and give quirks, but copy them as well.

And yeah, it's pretty much a 100% guarantee that the Doctor is the same one from the very first episode. I'm most curious why he needs his space so badly, is there something about him physically he may be hiding?

I wonder what exactly Shigaraki is gonna do to get Ujiko's "approval" within the next month or so until High-End is unleashed.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I re-read the chapter and found out I was misstaken. It's that Gigantomachia can house multiple quirks without his body needing to be modified litke a Nomu's. And I'm guessing that the effect it has on his mind is also more limited compared to the Nomus. I mean, he's still basically a sad dog who doesn't like his new master. But that's still more than the Nomus.

I was also considering a copy quirk of some kind. Either from All For One or Ujiko here. As for him needing space, maybe he's developed some kind of phobia or he'd be really vulnerable if these dangerous criminals knew too much about him.

Shigaraki has a lot riding on this answer, which makes it all the more interesting to see what he's going to say.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Shigaraki has a lot riding on this answer, which makes it all the more interesting to see what he's going to say.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Considering we know they end up growing confident enough to unleash High-End on the city, there must be something big he's got planned, while also secretive enough where it makes sense why we didn't hear about it until now. I also wonder if we may see Dabi meeting Hawks for the first time too.
    end of spoilers

Also, for any of those who enjoyed or didn't get to watch the My Hero Academia movie, Two Heroes, it comes out on home media this Tuesday! And even more exciting, we're getting a second movie! Set to premiere in the Winter of 2020, sometime during the airing of Season 4.

https://animeuknews.net/2019/03/seco...ilm-announced/

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Considering we know they end up growing confident enough to unleash High-End on the city, there must be something big he's got planned, while also secretive enough where it makes sense why we didn't hear about it until now. I also wonder if we may see Dabi meeting Hawks for the first time too.
    end of spoilers
    Dabi/Hawks shippers would definitely love to see that.
    Also, for any of those who enjoyed or didn't get to watch the My Hero Academia movie, Two Heroes, it comes out on home media this Tuesday! And even more exciting, we're getting a second movie! Set to premiere in the Winter of 2020, sometime during the airing of Season 4.

https://animeuknews.net/2019/03/seco...ilm-announced/
    2019 actually, this year that is.

I'm a bit apprehensive about it airing around the same time as the next season of the anime. I mean, season 3 was really good in general but the production never quite reached the same heights as season 2 for me, the direction was missing something in a few places and the animation was in general not as good. Also, we got two kinda worthless filler episodes, one of them was even a clip show. And I think that some of the staff being involved with the movie is to blame for that.

2019 actually, this year that is.

I'm a bit apprehensive about it airing around the same time as the next season of the anime. I mean, season 3 was really good in general but the production never quite reached the same heights as season 2 for me, the direction was missing something in a few places and the animation was in general not as good. Also, we got two kinda worthless filler episodes, one of them was even a clip show. And I think that some of the staff being involved with the movie is to blame for that.
    Everywhere I've read said the film is supposed to come out Winter 2020 (so like January or February), which makes sense since Season 4 is starting in October 2019 and going until March 2020, and the first film came out last year during the summer during Season 3, so there's precedent.

Honestly I didn't think the constrained production between the season and film ruined Season 3 all that much. We still got some fantastic action sequences with the Muscular, All For One, and Bakugo fights, and I didn't find any really distracting bad parts in the animation. And 2 out of 25 being filler isn't a huge problem for me, considering how good the movie turned out it was a trade off I was happy to take.

I do think the year long break between the end of Season 3 and start of Season 4 will end up helping alot with smoothing the production of both the Season and Movie.

Extraordinary Member

Everywhere I've read said the film is supposed to come out Winter 2020 (so like January or February), which makes sense since Season 4 is starting in October 2019 and going until March 2020, and the first film came out last year during the summer during Season 3, so there's precedent.
    Right, winter is January and Feburary as well. I just always default to December. So when one says Winter 2020 I jump to December 2020.
    Honestly I didn't think the constrained production between the season and film ruined Season 3 all that much. We still got some fantastic action sequences with the Muscular, All For One, and Bakugo fights, and I didn't find any really distracting bad parts in the animation. And 2 out of 25 being filler isn't a huge problem for me, considering how good the movie turned out it was a trade off I was happy to take.

I do think the year long break between the end of Season 3 and start of Season 4 will end up helping alot with smoothing the production of both the Season and Movie.
    Just to be clear, I do not think that season 3 was bad by any stretch. But I do think that it's the weakest of the three current seasons. Not helped by how the license exam arc is probably the weakest arc in the series if you ask me, so going from the hype of the first half into the license exam wasn't the best balancing act. There were also a few weird omissions of the tiniest scenes that I really wanted to see in the anime.

And I wouldn't have minded the filler episodes if they'd been better. Second season had fun high adventures with Froppy. That was great and expanded on a throwaway line in the manga. Third season had a clip show and and a weird fake murder mystery + tiny tie in to the movie.

Oh well, my hype for season 4 isn't diminished, since it covers some of my favourite arcs and moments in the series. I just generally prefer season 2 to season 3 for various smaller reasons.

And they damn well better use You Say Run at some point during season 4.

Just to be clear, I do not think that season 3 was bad by any stretch. But I do think that it's the weakest of the three current seasons. Not helped by how the license exam arc is probably the weakest arc in the series if you ask me, so going from the hype of the first half into the license exam wasn't the best balancing act. There were also a few weird omissions of the tiniest scenes that I really wanted to see in the anime.

And I wouldn't have minded the filler episodes if they'd been better. Second season had fun high adventures with Froppy. That was great and expanded on a throwaway line in the manga. Third season had a clip show and and a weird fake murder mystery + tiny tie in to the movie.

Oh well, my hype for season 4 isn't diminished, since it covers some of my favourite arcs and moments in the series. I just generally prefer season 2 to season 3 for various smaller reasons.

And they damn well better use You Say Run at some point during season 4.
    I personally think the Final Exam arc from the end of Season 2 is my least favourite, not because it's bad, I just think it's not as interesting as many of the other arcs. The License Exam was one of the weaker ones, at least in comparison to the Camp/Hideout ones, but at least we got some good moments in it and a pretty great conclusion. Maybe I need to go back and re-read the manga, cause I thought the anime adapted pretty much everything from the manga, which is why we got alot of new scenes that weren't in the manga to begin with. Maybe I missed something.

I will say at least the swimming pool clip show was better than the Hero Notebook recap Season 2 had, and the fake murder mystery was about on par with the other 2 OVAs the series did, which is what this clearly was initially supposed to be. The only difference is that they filled them in as official episodes because of the budget constraints. I do have to give them credit that despite those 2 fillers, they still managed to finish the Season early, to the point where they basically gave us 2 Season 4 episodes early right at the end.

The Sports Festival is my favourite arc of the whole series, which is why Season 2 is so high up for me, but with the anime hopefully being able to fix the pacing issues of the Overhaul arc, as well as having the Cultural Festival, it has the potential to be one of the best.

Extraordinary Member

I personally think the Final Exam arc from the end of Season 2 is my least favourite, not because it's bad, I just think it's not as interesting as many of the other arcs. The License Exam was one of the weaker ones, at least in comparison to the Camp/Hideout ones, but at least we got some good moments in it and a pretty great conclusion. Maybe I need to go back and re-read the manga, cause I thought the anime adapted pretty much everything from the manga, which is why we got alot of new scenes that weren't in the manga to begin with. Maybe I missed something.
    I actually really like the Final Exam arc, and it's one of the arcs that was improved in the anime thanks to a few smart decisions. It gave plenty of side characters a moment or two to shine, and the anime wisely showed us each individual match in their entirety instead of them all going on at once so that a few were skipped. That way there was more build up to the Deku & Bakugo vs All Might match, and we got to see even more of the class which is always nice (and I'll admit that I enjoyed Deku and Uraraka's side commentary in the viewing room).

The License Exam arc is more cluttered and has fewer interesting moments, though the outcome is arguably more interesting. And while the anime added bigger chuncks of content (Todoroki vs ninjas and Momo's crew doing stuff) they weren't as good as the expanded material in the Final Exam. Mileage may vary on that though.

And the missing stuff is very small stuff that I just really enjoyed in the manga. They don't show that Stain is in Tartarus as well when All For One is being rolled in and they don't show Ragdoll being comforted by her team mates. Small things, but I really noticed their absence

I actually really like the Final Exam arc, and it's one of the arcs that was improved in the anime thanks to a few smart decisions. It gave plenty of side characters a moment or two to shine, and the anime wisely showed us each individual match in their entirety instead of them all going on at once so that a few were skipped. That way there was more build up to the Deku & Bakugo vs All Might match, and we got to see even more of the class which is always nice (and I'll admit that I enjoyed Deku and Uraraka's side commentary in the viewing room).

The License Exam arc is more cluttered and has fewer interesting moments, though the outcome is arguably more interesting. And while the anime added bigger chuncks of content (Todoroki vs ninjas and Momo's crew doing stuff) they weren't as good as the expanded material in the Final Exam. Mileage may vary on that though.
    I do agree that the Final Exam was handled much better in the anime than manga, smart move to have them go separately rather than having them go all at once. And like you said, it does make the Midoryia & Bakugo Vs. All Might fight have a much greater impact. Ultimately its just up to your preference which of them had the most material that appealed to you.

And the missing stuff is very small stuff that I just really enjoyed in the manga. They don't show that Stain is in Tartarus as well when All For One is being rolled in and they don't show Ragdoll being comforted by her team mates. Small things, but I really noticed their absence
    Oh yeah that's right, for some reason I keep thinking that Stain's cameo or Ragdoll's reaction were in the actual episode but you're right, they aren't, which is a shame. I also remember there was a conversation between All For One and a prison guard where AFO comments how he can't see where exactly they are due to the lack of infared lighting, and the guard freaks out thinking about just how powerful this dude is if he stood up to All Might that crippled. It was a small but interesting scene that would've been cool to see.

Though we did get some additions I appreciated, like getting to actually see some of the battle in the first Camp episode between Class 1A and those rock monsters.

More incredibly interesting new developments in Chapter 222!:

spoilers:
    Once again some more very clever chapter titles, as opposed to the "Origin" we're so used to, this time we get "Tomura Shigaraki: Distortion"

Appears that the trauma from his deadly quirk manifestation has resulted in him being unable to remember anything about his past. Very creepy and effective use of the sketch distortion, with all the tiny little clues that can just barely be made out. This emptiness is also what leads him to his conclusion of not simply wanting to take out hero society, or become the top organization, but just to destroy "Everything", which the Doctor is all on board.

Turns out the teleportation quirk isn't the Doctor, but a seemingly dog-like Nomu named "John-chan". We also got all the events seemingly catching back up with the present, with Doctor enlisting Dabi with help with the High-Ends (despite his disinterest), the League taming Gigantomachia, and another quick look at Destro's son.

The most interesting thing to me is how after everything Shigaraki says they keep "cutting" back to Spinner's reaction, and I'm wondering what exactly this means to his role going forward. I could easily see this as being just a way of reaffirming his loyalty to their cause, or even as him starting to second guess things.
    end of spoilers

More incredibly interesting new developments in Chapter 222!:

spoilers:
    Once again some more very clever chapter titles, as opposed to the "Origin" we're so used to, this time we get "Tomura Shigaraki: Distortion"

Appears that the trauma from his deadly quirk manifestation has resulted in him being unable to remember anything about his past. Very creepy and effective use of the sketch distortion, with all the tiny little clues that can just barely be made out. This emptiness is also what leads him to his conclusion of not simply wanting to take out hero society, or become the top organization, but just to destroy "Everything", which the Doctor is all on board.

Turns out the teleportation quirk isn't the Doctor, but a seemingly dog-like Nomu named "John-chan". We also got all the events seemingly catching back up with the present, with Doctor enlisting Dabi with help with the High-Ends (despite his disinterest), the League taming Gigantomachia, and another quick look at Destro's son.

The most interesting thing to me is how after everything Shigaraki says they keep "cutting" back to Spinner's reaction, and I'm wondering what exactly this means to his role going forward. I could easily see this as being just a way of reaffirming his loyalty to their cause, or even as him starting to second guess things.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Spinner's going to be interesting. Stain's whole motive was reforming and bettering society, and his boss just said he wants to just destroy everything. Now it's possible he can spin that into working with his goals, but it could also be what causes a future splitt. It's even possible Spinner might see more in common with Destro's kid
    end of spoilers
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    spoilers:
    Spinner's going to be interesting. Stain's whole motive was reforming and bettering society, and his boss just said he wants to just destroy everything. Now it's possible he can spin that into working with his goals, but it could also be what causes a future splitt. It's even possible Spinner might see more in common with Destro's kid
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Now that you mention it, that makes perfect sense, especially since Destro's kid is all about being open to using quirks whenever as well as seeking a much greater acceptance of transformation/animal quirks, which is exactly what Spinner wants so I could see that.

I'm especially curious how the confrontation is eventually gonna go, with Shigaraki and the League getting all their current development, and the Quirk Liberation Army only just being introduced, and proven to be very formidable, I don't think its gonna be as simple as winning or losing.
    end of spoilers

We've got us a big war incoming and it's all extremely exciting!

spoilers:
    Turns out Shigaraki spent the past month and a half fighting Gigantomachia and still with no luck taming him.

Spinner again appears to be having doubts about the group, while Toga once again professes her love for Midoryia and Uraraka (still so creepy and I love her for it)

Twice gets a call (in another hilarious moment with him) from the finally named Yotsubashi Rikiya aka Re-Destro, who's revealed to have cut off all the fingers off Giran as a message to Shigaraki and the League. He wants them to join his group because he feels the League has become too popular and Destro is the only one who should serve as the face of "Quirk Liberation".

He gives them to ultimatum to come see them now to either join or fight, or else he'll reveal their hiding location to the heroes. So it shouldn't be long until we get the confrontation.

I am really curious to find out if/how any of the other students may end up involved within this arc or if its gonna be completely focused on Shigaraki and Rikiya's battle.

(Also one of the Liberation Army leaders are the Gorillaz, so that's cool)
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

...Re-destro is a weird name.

Ok, so his Re-destro's main beef with the League of Villains is basically that they're getting all the fame he wants right now. That is amazingly petty for a "revolutionary" and acts as a neat contrast to Shigaraki's recent character development.

The ultimatum puts a nice time limit on how long Shigaraki's got to tame Gigantomachia, who will most likely be instrumental in taking down the Liberation army, or at least in keeping the scale even.

I do wonder how big this war will be. With how big Re-destro's group apparently is it'll probably not be decided in a single battle. So I can either see this being the focus of one arc, or it'll start here and sort of simmer in background popping up occascionally. Either way, this'll be very interesting. As for how the main cast might get drawn into this, I can see them being nearby when the first battle starts and just trying to save civilians while the bad guys duke it out.