Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    ...Re-destro is a weird name.

Ok, so his Re-destro's main beef with the League of Villains is basically that they're getting all the fame he wants right now. That is amazingly petty for a "revolutionary" and acts as a neat contrast to Shigaraki's recent character development.

The ultimatum puts a nice time limit on how long Shigaraki's got to tame Gigantomachia, who will most likely be instrumental in taking down the Liberation army, or at least in keeping the scale even.

I do wonder how big this war will be. With how big Re-destro's group apparently is it'll probably not be decided in a single battle. So I can either see this being the focus of one arc, or it'll start here and sort of simmer in background popping up occascionally. Either way, this'll be very interesting. As for how the main cast might get drawn into this, I can see them being nearby when the first battle starts and just trying to save civilians while the bad guys duke it out.
    I don't think its necessarily because he himself wants the attention, but moreso because he feels that his father Destro and his way of beliefs should be the face of "Liberation" and not Shigaraki and the League. The latter are very out and open with their villainy, while Re-Destro wants the movement to have a more radicalist approach, as shown through the methods of Destro originally, plus his teachings being sold and spread to others through books. So it seems less petty, and more cautious because he fears the League's presence and actions may get in the way of their true plans.

That's what I think is interesting regarding how this arc has been set up, because Shigaraki has been developed alot recently, so it seems like its preparing for an opportunity that will allow him a big win, however we also just got introduced to the Liberation Army, and based on how they've been set up too, it seems very unlikely they will so easily be disposed of by the end of this arc.

I know some complaints regarding the Overhaul arc is that people wished him and the Eight Precepts remained a presence after that arc and weren't completely exposed of, so I wonder if the Liberation Army will take that spot as another new recurring group on top of the League.

The war is commencing in the new chapter!

spoilers:
    Shigaraki comes up with a plan to lure Gigantomachia over to the Liberation Army, as a way to help in their fight, as well as to weaken him so he can defeat him easier.

Slide N Go, the hero who showed up to Bakugo and Todoroki a few chapters ago, is revealed to be apart of the Liberation Army, teasing that other heroes may be involved.

I love seeing more of Twice's insanity again, and really like how the appreciation for Giran is the only thing his two personalities can agree on. The return of Shigaraki's video game analogies is always fun, and maybe we could possibly be learning more about Toga next.
    end of spoilers

Great chapter, looks like the Liberation Army may not be exaggerating their numbers, which is a bit terrifying even if most of those members are cannon fodder.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Extraordinary Member

I'm seeing some parallels to the USJ attack, only the LoV is in the other end this time with their smaller force facing off against way more foes. They're even waiting for a powerhouse to save them just like class 1A did. It's not a perfect replica of the USJ situation, but there quite a few similarities.

Either way, this'll be a great chance for Shigaraki's crew to show off just how dangerous they are. The odds are heavily stacked against them and their main plan is an inherently risky one. It's like they're the protags for once.

And the Liberation army are really proving themselves to be a dangerous force. I wonder how they'll be after this battle.

It looks like we really are going to get a more in-depth peak into Toga's backstory very soon.

spoilers:
    ReDestro calls Giran's bluff about the LoV bringing in any Nomu's to attack the town, in a very clever way.

We learn more about new character "Curious", an obsessive reporter who can create landmines, and who's particularly fascinated with Toga's history, where we get a little peak at what might be some of her past, including her possible first face.

Also that final page is...whooo boy that's a face alright.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Horikoshi is really good a creepy ass faces.

Re-Destro throwing Giran's list bit back at him was really nice little moment. And it also kinda reveals that these guys have no idea that Gigantomachia is out there. So he could really be a turning point in the fight.

From what we've seen so far I'm thinkin that the liberation soldiers, while dangerous, aren't as good at fighting as the league members (on an individual against individual basis). Numbers really is their only advantage here, though it is a large one.

I'm excited as the possibility of learning more about Toga's backstory. Both from the perspective a journalist looking at it from the outside, and from Toga's own demented perspective.

Fantastic chapter, so many characters and quirks, with Toga and Curious really shining.

spoilers:
    Toga definitely killed at least one guy (and the way she dropped him without letting Curious finish was hilarious) might have killed several more with the slurp attack as well.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

So this chapter gives us a chilling look into Himiko Toga's past and great big development for her as well.

spoilers:
    Himiko has been a messed up kid since pretty much the start. Since her quirk revolves around consuming blood she naturally took an interest in the precious liquid and that interest eventually led to her just drinking blood from people she liked. While there's a tragedy in this is how she's turned out, her development into a serial killer wasn't motivated by any great tragic shift for her. It just naturally happened and the adults around her failed to do anything about it.

In the present day Himiko is overwhelmed by the Liberation army's superior numbers and probably would've died if not for a sudden development. She can now copy the quirk along with the form of the person whose blood she drinks. That's a scary combination, and she uses Uraraka's quirk in a logical but horrifying way.
    end of spoilers

Good chapter. I hope all the LoV members get to shine like this.

I had a weird moment with this chapter.

spoilers:
    Being both delighted and horrified at Toga's development. I didn't want to see her die as she's far too interesting to go out like this, but jesus she can copy powers and appearances now?! Even if it's only briefly that makes her vastly more dangerous.
    end of spoilers

I did not expect how far they were going to take the chapter by the end.

spoilers:
    It's interesting because what she does not only demonstrates how dangerous Toga is now, but it also shows how dangerous Uraraka could be. That is ALOT of people so brutally murdered right there. Brings up the possibility of how others quirks would turn out when used in a much more dangerous light. (They've already established One For All can't be copied so that probably wouldn't work for her anyway)

I'm curious about the censoring her name at the beginning if that means anything, or if its probably just simulating news broadcasts censoring the name for privacies sake.
    end of spoilers

Okay this is getting VERRRRY interesting now

spoilers:
    So the Liberation Army's ultimate plan is to record and release the footage showing the town using their quirks to fight back against the villains, as a way to support anyone being able to use their quirks at any point.

Shigaraki starts getting visions of a past he can't remember, of his sister Hana showing him a picture of his grandmother, Nana Shimura. It then reveals he got a quirk update of his own, as his decay is able to spread through the giant crowd of people even without touching them all.

Dabi is about to join the fight before being confronted by someone who controls Ice, possibly teasing we're gonna get some Dabi secrets revealed next time.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    The League of Villains will not lose, or at least not be killed in this arc. So the plan to promote the liberation army's agenda via the videos is probably a bust. But I wonder if those videos can't be used for something else, whether it'll be the League or the army remains to be seen.

I wonder if all the members of the League will enhance their quirks like Toga and Shigaraki have, and if that the case I'm curious to see what new tricks Dabi will be pulling off. Maybe some some flight that so many other fire theme super hero characters can pull off.

Also, while we may get a few more hints about Dabi's past there's not way that we'll get anything concrete about the Dabi Todoroki theory in this arc.

The idea that Shigaraki's exhaustion is clearing up bits and pieces of his past for him is rather interesting. I hadn't considered how he probably has tons of repressed memories from the trauma of possibly killing his entire family.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    The League of Villains will not lose, or at least not be killed in this arc. So the plan to promote the liberation army's agenda via the videos is probably a bust. But I wonder if those videos can't be used for something else, whether it'll be the League or the army remains to be seen.

I wonder if all the members of the League will enhance their quirks like Toga and Shigaraki have, and if that the case I'm curious to see what new tricks Dabi will be pulling off. Maybe some some flight that so many other fire theme super hero characters can pull off.

Also, while we may get a few more hints about Dabi's past there's not way that we'll get anything concrete about the Dabi Todoroki theory in this arc.

The idea that Shigaraki's exhaustion is clearing up bits and pieces of his past for him is rather interesting. I hadn't considered how he probably has tons of repressed memories from the trauma of possibly killing his entire family.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Like you said, the League of Villains are most likely not going to lose this battle, so I'm curious what will come of the Liberation Army by the end. I'm really hoping they don't end up like the Eight Preceipts and are completely defeated, I want them to stick around as a force in some way. The videos could possibly leak out in some other way too.

Yeah, I'm not completely expecting a confirmation of the Todoroki theory, but I wonder what else they could really do to reveal more of his past without making the clues so obvious they might as well just come out and say.

Not to mention the All For One of it all and his potential role in Shigaraki's distortion, how him growing into his own person is inherently releasing those repressed memories back onto him. It'll be interesting how he'll react when he finds out the truth and his connection to Nana Shimura/One For All. Based on the timeline, we know Nana is already dead by the time of that flashback, though not sure exactly how long All Might had been active as a hero, possibly still early in his career.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    While I get the Liberation Army's plan, if anything the video so far kind of strengthens regulations. Citizens heroically going up against villains without much training has resulted in the highest bloodiest body count we've seen in the series!

Still the idea of being more open or accepting of quirks has merit, and I hope it sticks around after this arc. Toga became the way she did because of basically universal shunning, and though Shigaraki's past is still mostly a mystery it's clear the support he got was from All for One rather a freakin therapist.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    Like you said, the League of Villains are most likely not going to lose this battle, so I'm curious what will come of the Liberation Army by the end. I'm really hoping they don't end up like the Eight Preceipts and are completely defeated, I want them to stick around as a force in some way. The videos could possibly leak out in some other way too.

Yeah, I'm not completely expecting a confirmation of the Todoroki theory, but I wonder what else they could really do to reveal more of his past without making the clues so obvious they might as well just come out and say.

Not to mention the All For One of it all and his potential role in Shigaraki's distortion, how him growing into his own person is inherently releasing those repressed memories back onto him. It'll be interesting how he'll react when he finds out the truth and his connection to Nana Shimura/One For All. Based on the timeline, we know Nana is already dead by the time of that flashback, though not sure exactly how long All Might had been active as a hero, possibly still early in his career.
    end of spoilers
    I'm thinking that the Liberation army will still be around after this whole disaster. But they'll be licking their wounds after it all. At least that's what I hope, they're too interesting as a group to be done away with so early on. I want to see them try to recruit some of the kids.

As for the videos. It's also possible that the League will get their hands on them. That has interesting potential.

I wonder if All For One has put in any safeguards to keep Shigaraki from remembering everything, or if he expects Shigaraki to learn about his own past.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    spoilers:
    While I get the Liberation Army's plan, if anything the video so far kind of strengthens regulations. Citizens heroically going up against villains without much training has resulted in the highest bloodiest body count we've seen in the series!

Still the idea of being more open or accepting of quirks has merit, and I hope it sticks around after this arc. Toga became the way she did because of basically universal shunning, and though Shigaraki's past is still mostly a mystery it's clear the support he got was from All for One rather a freakin therapist.
    end of spoilers
    I hadn't considered that angle. Considering how the battle is going, this would be a PR disaster for their ideas. Like three heroes (with police backing them up) captured all of these guys and would've been done if it hadn't been for the big bad boss getting off his ass and wrecking ****. The Liberation army has 100 000 people here with some training and they've lost a **** ton of people already. Even if they win it'll just not look good. Though I guess that they can tamper with the recordings.

And I'm pretty sure All For One picked up and conditioned Shigaraki before anybody had the chance of getting him to a therapist.