Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Chapter felt pretty brief this week. Still plenty of cool stuff though.

spoilers:
    No trollish Dabi Todoroki hints this week. But he does get into a pretty badass elemental battle with the ice user from the Liberation army (they're covering multiple blocks with their attacks at least). I found two things interesting about how the ice guy addressed Dabi. The Liberation army seems to have pretty darn solid data on the past of the other League members and they've attempted to use that against them. But no such attempt was made with Dabi, he was only addressed as the guy that can toss around blue fire. That might change later on, but for now it seems like Dabi is so good at hiding his true identity that even an organisation as large as the Liberation army can't find out anything hidden about him.

The other thing is again about the blue flames comment. It makes me think that there really aren't a lot of people that toss blue fire around as casually as Dabi. That's pretty cool.

Meanwhile Twice once again proves to be the twisted, broken and lonely heart of the League. He really cares for his "friends" and what they're building up. Horikoshi does a really good job of showing that even though they're extremely dangerous people, this wicked group is the only place that lets them be themselves and they'll do their best to keep that. Given the rather nightmare inducing attack Twice endures at this week's cliffhanger it'll be interesting to see how he evolves from this. If his quirk gets a boost as well then he might be able to turn the tide of the fight right here and now.
    end of spoilers

You're right that even though this chapter has been the same length as all these others, it has felt shorter than usual, probably because not much really advanced storywise, just more fighting and moving the pieces together.

spoilers:
    At this point, probably more than the Todoroki theory, I wanna know how Dabi's managed to create this secret alias so strong that absolutely no one knows who he truly is. As far as I can remember, he, the Doctor/Ujiko, and All For One are the only characters with unknown names, and that's really impressive and significant.

My theory is that either Dabi is going to reveal his identity to the public, as a way of undermining and seeding doubt to Endeavour, or the information gets leaked out in some way, and that's when we'll get a confirmation for sure.

I always love Twice so seeing in this existential crisis is always so interesting to see. I always saw him as the Deadpool, but especially after reading the recent Multiple Man series, now I realize he's basically a perfect blend of DP and MM. The Liberation Army wanting to use Twice also makes perfect sense, since like they said, if ReDestro dies, they can just have a clone take his place. I wonder what would Twice's quirk boost look like, just because I'm coming up blank at the moment. Maybe the possibility to control the clones like a hive mind? Which could either help his insanity problems, or make things a bit worse.
    end of spoilers

We got our Twice backstory over here in the new chapter!

spoilers:
    Toga is still alive, and in the process of trying to be killed by "Feel Good Inc" guys "puppet" ability.

Twice flashes back to his youth, where turns out someone screwed him over, jumping in front of his motorcycle, resulting in him getting a criminal record and being fired from his work. All alone he uses his clones as a way to be with others, and then eventually to start up his crime spree, before eventually going nuts resulting in his current split personality persona.

He also finally realizes he is in fact the original Bubaigawa, because he didn't disappear after getting his legs broken, and now with new motivation to save Toga, jumps up to fight, proclaiming to the Liberation the "true extent of his power"

And the chapter ends with the perfect Killing Joke quote, "All it takes is one bad day"...
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Twice is a really fun bad guy. His split personality persona can be amusing until the narrative reminds you that it is actually a horrifying experience for him, and his tragic past does endear you to him and shows just why he's so happy that he's found a place that accepts him for who he is.

I also like that Twice's "power up" isn't his quirk being powered up, but him getting actual hard evidence that he's the real him allowing him to overcome at least part of his trauma and unleash the full might of his quirk.

The Liberation army are about to be the people having a bad day.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Holy ****, Twice is ridiculously dangerous.

spoilers:
    He spawns an entire army in a matter of seconds after overcoming his trauma. And it's all thanks to the power of love and friendship. That stuff is the best performance enhancer.

Re-Destro doesn't seem bothered though, calling for somebody/something named Apocrypha. And Skeptic is prepping something as well. The Liberation army isn't going down without a fight. I'm really enjoying the ebb and flow of this large scale battle.

Meanwhile the ice user is proving to be a massive problem as he can attack large parts of the Twice army on his own and potentially outlast Dabi thanks to clever application of his quirk.

But now it's time for Gigantomachia to show us what he's made of.
    end of spoilers

Really cool chapter.

Extraordinary Member

Yesterday I bought an official MHA novel called School Briefs. It takes place after the Stain arc but before the final exam arc.

The main focus is the kids and teachers preparing for a parents day. I'm only half way through but it has some fantastic content like Shoto interacting with his mother and Aizawa trying to get work done while the rest of the faculty are being loud and annoying.

It's really great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Yesterday I bought an official MHA novel called School Briefs. It takes place after the Stain arc but before the final exam arc.

The main focus is the kids and teachers preparing for a parents day. I'm only half way through but it has some fantastic content like Shoto interacting with his mother and Aizawa trying to get work done while the rest of the faculty are being loud and annoying.

Bought it myself. it is a fantastic read and gives more insight into the students outside school

Caught up after missing a couple weeks.

spoilers:
    Twice was already my favorite villain, but seeing him overcome his trauma (or at least some of it) and showing how ridiculously powerful he really is, just cemented him for me. "I did it through love and friendship" Twice, perhaps more than anyone we've seen, really could have been a hero with a couple of different breaks, the Killing Joke reference was spot on.
    end of spoilers
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

More Twice and Dabi focus is always a great thing!

spoilers:
    The huge wave of Twice was incredible, and it is really crazy to see really what his potential is going completely all out. And the ice guy being to wipe all of them out so fast, and being able to control ice from basically anywhere, shows how pretty dangerous that is too.

Also very interesting hearing about Dabi's weaknesses, namely being able to really let loose with his fire due to how much it actually does burn him. Does start to paint that picture all the more clearer....
    end of spoilers

Yeah, School Briefs is a really nice side light novel that expands very well on the various events in the series. The second one is about the Training Camp, and everything else the students did before the League of Villains attack, the third is about the characters' life living in the dorms in-between the License Exams and Overhaul, and the fourth is focused on the rest of the School Cultural Festival.

Making our way close to the climax, as another character and another interesting development starts to rear its head.

spoilers:
    Gigantomachia heads his way towards the big fight.

Hawks returns, and it's revealed in order to get into the better graces of the League, he does....something to Best Jeanist..... (that dude just can't catch a break).

Shigaraki makes his way to the tower, and realizing there's just too many people to make it through himself, lets the Twice army do most the work.

Ends with Twice making his way to the top of the tower, finally facing against Re-Destro.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Making our way close to the climax, as another character and another interesting development starts to rear its head.

spoilers:
    Gigantomachia heads his way towards the big fight.

Hawks returns, and it's revealed in order to get into the better graces of the League, he does....something to Best Jeanist..... (that dude just can't catch a break).

Shigaraki makes his way to the tower, and realizing there's just too many people to make it through himself, lets the Twice army do most the work.

Ends with Twice making his way to the top of the tower, finally facing against Re-Destro.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Gigantomachia can do Hulk leaps. I am pleased by this.

I doubt that Hawks has done anything that's actually bad with Best Jeanist. He's a weird guy but not so weird that he'd actually hurt another hero to further his investigation. At least I hope that's the case. He might've just asked Best Jeanist to help by staying hidden or something.

And it seems like Spinner is about to take out the motivational politician. That'll be fun. We still don't know if Spinner has any quirk besides looking like a lizard man so we might find out soon.

I hope Twice doesn't die now that he's had this big character moment. But it seems like high time for the Liberation army to unleash some trump cards of their own.
    end of spoilers

Cool I have to look out for this. My Hero Academy is the one anime that I am dying for it to have filler episodes it just has so many interesting characters that you want to find out more about them. Every little piece of information on MHA is great.

Extraordinary Member

We're getting close to the climax of the arc it seems.

spoilers:
    Twice and a bunch of League clones confront Re-Destro at the top of his tower. But he makes short work of them with his quirk, which seems to be a potent power up-type. Only one Twice and the Shigaraki clone survive the initial attack and Re-Destro begins tells us about possibly the mother of the first child that had a quirk. And he further implies that that child was Destro and then he therefore is a descendent of the first quirk which is an interesting thought. At least that's how I'm reading it.

While the fight goes on, the real Shigaraki shows that he would be a terrible hero and saves the hostage by destroying the tower they're trapped in.

It's a cool fight chapter with a bit of history thrown in and a further look and Re-Destro's philosophy. I also think it's kinda fun that a mastermind villain has a combat heavy quirk, that's always a neat combo. I wonder if he'll have a kaiju style fight with Gigantomachia.

Twice get's a neat little moment with Giran as well.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Trailer for the next season.

We're getting close to the climax of the arc it seems.

spoilers:
    Twice and a bunch of League clones confront Re-Destro at the top of his tower. But he makes short work of them with his quirk, which seems to be a potent power up-type. Only one Twice and the Shigaraki clone survive the initial attack and Re-Destro begins tells us about possibly the mother of the first child that had a quirk. And he further implies that that child was Destro and then he therefore is a descendent of the first quirk which is an interesting thought. At least that's how I'm reading it.

While the fight goes on, the real Shigaraki shows that he would be a terrible hero and saves the hostage by destroying the tower they're trapped in.

It's a cool fight chapter with a bit of history thrown in and a further look and Re-Destro's philosophy. I also think it's kinda fun that a mastermind villain has a combat heavy quirk, that's always a neat combo. I wonder if he'll have a kaiju style fight with Gigantomachia.

Twice get's a neat little moment with Giran as well.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Given the timeline, I don't think Destro could be the first quirk user, since they seem to imply that everything that happened with Destro was fairly recent, and not legend from generations ago. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he believes he's a descendant of the first quirk user (though I still believe if we are gonna find out what the power is descended from, its probably gonna be All For One)

I absolutely love that black mask on Re-Destro, it just looks so killer. And if we're at the final boss fight now, where else can they go with it?? I'm predicting no matter what happens, Re-Destro doesn't go down in the end, just because that would be so disappointing to dispose of him so soon.
    end of spoilers