Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Uraraka sketch by Horikoshi.jpg

Dope sketch of Ochako from Horikoshi's twitter.

She's looking fierce and heroic.

spoilers:
    New chapter, get a little insight into how All for One guided/manipulated Tomura, and also where the name comes from, in a twisted sense it's almost like he adopted him. Shigaraki is slowly becoming quite terrifying, his memories returning make him more eager to destroy everything than cause any sort of regret. He even destroys his father's hand (which I quite like because I think his design over the last few chapters has been great.), our little supervillain is growing up.
    end of spoilers
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    spoilers:
    New chapter, get a little insight into how All for One guided/manipulated Tomura, and also where the name comes from, in a twisted sense it's almost like he adopted him. Shigaraki is slowly becoming quite terrifying, his memories returning make him more eager to destroy everything than cause any sort of regret. He even destroys his father's hand (which I quite like because I think his design over the last few chapters has been great.), our little supervillain is growing up.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm not entirely sure if Shigaraki is All For One's real name. I can' quite see him giving up such an important part of him to anyone, even an important pawn like Shigaraki.

There are several shots in this chapter that are similar to when All Might took on Deku as a successor, further showing us the parallels between the two characters. They are very much opposites of one another and their future dynamics will be all the more intense and interesting for it.

And getting rid of the extra hands is a great way of showing that he's getting rid of any restraints holding him back. I think he'll get one more wardrobe upgrade between the end of this arc and the next time we see him, just to really complete his elevation as a super villain.

But first up, they have to deal with Gigantomachia. Who is apparently an even bigger threat than the League thought he would be. And things are not looking good for the liberation army's survival.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

PV for the next movie.

Extraordinary Member

Huh, things are going differently than I expected in the latest chapter.

spoilers:
    With his newfound control over his quirk and lack of mental restraints on it, Shigaraki easily counters Re-Destro's 100% attacks as the city around them gets destroyed and Re-Destro summons power-enhancing equipment to fight back. But it seems like it won't be enough as it just reminds Shigaraki of UA's motto and he calmly moves to kill his opponent.

Meanwhile the rest of the League tries to regroup while avoiding Gigantomachia, and the Doctor refuses to help them any further. Apocrypha gets a little more characterization which will encourage all the theories about him being Natsuo for at least another week.

But man, I was really expecting this to become a kaiju fight between Re-Destroy and Gigantomachia. But it looks more and more like Shigaraki has this in the bag now. That might change of course, but he's doing good here.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    While it does look more and more likely this will end with Re-Destro biting the dust (literally), I do hope that's not the case, because he's been built as a really interesting antagonist, so to essentially wipe him out like that fairly quickly after his intro would be a bit disappointing. At least Overhaul had a fair amount of time to do things before being taken off the board (with Stain and Gentle still around just waiting in the wings).

I wonder about what Gigantomachia's current deal is, because its hard to tell for me if he's still going Shigaraki or if he's trying to assist him in some way, which I could see either being possible.

I do think with how much Shigaraki and the League have really started getting their **** together, and given that we're so close to the end of the year in-story, I would not be surprised if we're gonna get into some BIG confrontation between everyone very soon. Prison breakout? UA raid? Both?
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    While it does look more and more likely this will end with Re-Destro biting the dust (literally), I do hope that's not the case, because he's been built as a really interesting antagonist, so to essentially wipe him out like that fairly quickly after his intro would be a bit disappointing. At least Overhaul had a fair amount of time to do things before being taken off the board (with Stain and Gentle still around just waiting in the wings).

I wonder about what Gigantomachia's current deal is, because its hard to tell for me if he's still going Shigaraki or if he's trying to assist him in some way, which I could see either being possible.

I do think with how much Shigaraki and the League have really started getting their **** together, and given that we're so close to the end of the year in-story, I would not be surprised if we're gonna get into some BIG confrontation between everyone very soon. Prison breakout? UA raid? Both?
    end of spoilers
    Redestro and the MLA are jobbers to make the league of villains look good.

Extraordinary Member

Huh, I honestly didn't quite see that coming.

spoilers:
    Shigaraki's power and sheer presence overwhelm Re-Destro (who has to cut off his own feet befored he's decayed) into giving up control of the Liberation Army to Shigaraki because he now embodies their foundational ideals of freedom and strength.

I thought for sure that Re-Destro would either die or run away with Apocrypha. But this is much more interesting. The Liberation army and all its potential stick around, and the League of Villains get a much bigger upgrade than expected.

Seriously, the League are super dangerous now. Shigaraki, Toga and Twice are all way stronger than before, they have the resources, funds and manpower of the Liberation army at their disposal and Gigantomachia was moved into servitude by Shigaraki's newfound confidence and victory. The heroes really need to step up their game.
    end of spoilers

Great chapter that probably ends a great arc. I know it's not been everybody's favorite arc, but I've really enjoyed it and the time we got to spend with our villains. My main complaint is that we never really got to see what Gigantomachia could do. But I guess that's saved for future arcs.

spoilers:
    I love how Shigiraki basically goes...'oh yeah we're broke...' and decides to work with them.
    end of spoilers
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    spoilers:
    I love how Shigiraki basically goes...'oh yeah we're broke...' and decides to work with them.
    end of spoilers
    That was great.

spoilers:
    I like to think that after everything is settled, Shigaraki takes his main crew to a sushi party at a pent house.
    end of spoilers

New chapter from a few days ago which seems to be the true end of the arc:

spoilers:
    Meta Liberation Army uses its resources to twist the events like they always planned to, declaring the citizens who "defended" themselves as heroes. Toga has healed (she's got a cool eyepatch), while Twice appears to have regressed into his multiple personality disorder again.

Re-Destro makes a speech in front of the remaining Army followers, unveiling Shigaraki as their new commander, and rebranding as "The Paranormal Liberation Front.", consisting of the LoV plus Skeptic, Trumpet, and Geten (who is in fact NOT Natsuo).

Hawks is in the crowd, after showing Dabi his bag containing a body which may or not be Best Jeanist. He also comments on just the amount of power Shigaraki has amassed, and how it far surpasses most of the heroes.

After shoving Re-Destro away, who's turned into the suck-up type, Shigaraki gets a call from Ujiko, who keeps his promise and agrees to assist him with what he needs, asking for just one more thing from him. Dabi once again greats Hawks in the crowd, while Hawks worries to himself about being too late to undercover who their "mysterious backer" is.

I'm really glad Re-Destro gets to stick around. I'm curious to see what exactly Shigaraki will do now that he has all this power and an army. Will he go for the MLA/AFO route and play the long game/keep it in secret, or will he stick with his usual approach and use most of his resources in one big assault. (Tartarus or U.A. Raid are seeming more and more likely). Hawks' plot just keeps getting more interesting, since we still don't know the exact beats of his plan. Also, I'm wondering if any of the events of this arc will play into whatever's going on with Midoryia and the classmates, or if they'll jump to an unrelated story and pick up the pieces down the line.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    I like to think that after everything is settled, Shigaraki takes his main crew to a sushi party at a pent house.
    end of spoilers
    And funnily enough, thats pretty much exactly what happened lol

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I'm really glad Re-Destro gets to stick around. I'm curious to see what exactly Shigaraki will do now that he has all this power and an army. Will he go for the MLA/AFO route and play the long game/keep it in secret, or will he stick with his usual approach and use most of his resources in one big assault. (Tartarus or U.A. Raid are seeming more and more likely). Hawks' plot just keeps getting more interesting, since we still don't know the exact beats of his plan. Also, I'm wondering if any of the events of this arc will play into whatever's going on with Midoryia and the classmates, or if they'll jump to an unrelated story and pick up the pieces down the line.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Shigaraki definitely feels like more of a guy that would plan out a big thing and execute on that instead than hiding away and working longterm from the shadows. At least that's old Shigaraki, new mature Shigaraki might be completely different. Either way, it seems like he's at least busy for now in re-organising all of his new assets.

I kinda love that he decided to keep the hand that survived partly because of brand recognition and then dressing up real snazzy.

I'm thinking that while Twice has regressed to having multiple personlities, he's not as scared of his own doubles as he once was. There's just a lot of his own voice going around in his head.

Skeptic was a comedic blessing in this chapter. Dude did not sign up to work for or with these guys and he's just having a bad month of it.

How far Hawks went to get this close to the League is getting more and more interesting. I still don't believe that he killed Best Jeanist, but that does absolutely look like a corpse in that bag.

My guess is that we'll get a bit of school hijinks for at least one or two chapters, after all the darkness of Shigaraki's past and the kids being gone from the story for a few months now. Just to get the readers re-acclimated with the stupid sun children. I'm hoping for more development on how One For All is developing.
    end of spoilers

And funnily enough, thats pretty much exactly what happened lol
    That was great.

This chapter did a fantastic job of showing the enticing dichotomy of the League of Villains (I don't care for their new name). On the one hand, they're a group of unstable murderers that need to go down. On the other hand, they're also bunch of disaster dorks that just recently learned how to dress properly. They're fun.

spoilers:
    Just look at them sweeping in like rockstars when Shigaraki presents them. Disaster dorks.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Shigaraki definitely feels like more of a guy that would plan out a big thing and execute on that instead than hiding away and working longterm from the shadows. At least that's old Shigaraki, new mature Shigaraki might be completely different. Either way, it seems like he's at least busy for now in re-organising all of his new assets.

I kinda love that he decided to keep the hand that survived partly because of brand recognition and then dressing up real snazzy.

I'm thinking that while Twice has regressed to having multiple personlities, he's not as scared of his own doubles as he once was. There's just a lot of his own voice going around in his head.

Skeptic was a comedic blessing in this chapter. Dude did not sign up to work for or with these guys and he's just having a bad month of it.

How far Hawks went to get this close to the League is getting more and more interesting. I still don't believe that he killed Best Jeanist, but that does absolutely look like a corpse in that bag.

My guess is that we'll get a bit of school hijinks for at least one or two chapters, after all the darkness of Shigaraki's past and the kids being gone from the story for a few months now. Just to get the readers re-acclimated with the stupid sun children. I'm hoping for more development on how One For All is developing.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I do think that while Shigaraki has grown in redefining his goals and strength, I don't know exactly how much restraint he has now compared to his previous self. He does seem like the type of person who would, for lack of a better term, spend his winning lottery ticket all at once if the opportunity arrived. The big thing will be regarding who his next target would be, someone smaller or straight to the big leagues. (I don't think he'll be going after Midoryia until after he learns the truth of AFO/OFA)

I really love that he's essentially been stealing the pieces of the villains he defeats, Overhaul's jacket, Re-Destro's suit and tie, and if you wanna count it, his father's hand.

Now I really wanna see how Skeptic, Trumpet, and Geten end up working alongside the other LoVs, that could only lead to more trouble.

I still don't believe Hawks killed someone, just because even in this chapter he talks about being upset over all the innocent lives who died during the incident, unless he's really desperate to get in and take it all down "for the greater good."

Considering this arc started off with Todoroki and Bakugo getting their licenses, I wouldn't be surprised if that was just to set up something the class may end up doing. We are heading into Christmas break soon, so I hope that ends up being touched upon!

Also another thing I noticed from two chapters ago, I love the (what I assume is) Two Heroes callback, where Gigantomachia is the one who sees Shigaraki briefly as All For One.
    end of spoilers

That was great.

This chapter did a fantastic job of showing the enticing dichotomy of the League of Villains (I don't care for their new name). On the one hand, they're a group of unstable murderers that need to go down. On the other hand, they're also bunch of disaster dorks that just recently learned how to dress properly. They're fun.

spoilers:
    Just look at them sweeping in like rockstars when Shigaraki presents them. Disaster dorks.
    end of spoilers
    I do agree with the name thing, it just sounds like they're gonna be fighting for ghost oppression, in this context "Metahumans" just sound better than "Paranormal".

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I do think that while Shigaraki has grown in redefining his goals and strength, I don't know exactly how much restraint he has now compared to his previous self. He does seem like the type of person who would, for lack of a better term, spend his winning lottery ticket all at once if the opportunity arrived. The big thing will be regarding who his next target would be, someone smaller or straight to the big leagues. (I don't think he'll be going after Midoryia until after he learns the truth of AFO/OFA)

I really love that he's essentially been stealing the pieces of the villains he defeats, Overhaul's jacket, Re-Destro's suit and tie, and if you wanna count it, his father's hand.

Now I really wanna see how Skeptic, Trumpet, and Geten end up working alongside the other LoVs, that could only lead to more trouble.

I still don't believe Hawks killed someone, just because even in this chapter he talks about being upset over all the innocent lives who died during the incident, unless he's really desperate to get in and take it all down "for the greater good."

Considering this arc started off with Todoroki and Bakugo getting their licenses, I wouldn't be surprised if that was just to set up something the class may end up doing. We are heading into Christmas break soon, so I hope that ends up being touched upon!

Also another thing I noticed from two chapters ago, I love the (what I assume is) Two Heroes callback, where Gigantomachia is the one who sees Shigaraki briefly as All For One.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I can see Shigaraki having some big thing brewing in his mind. It'll be interesting to see if he can work out the details without drawing too much unwanted attention to his new organization.

Speaking of Geten. I was surprised by how casually her unmasked face was revealed this chapter, and that she turned out to be a woman (unless Geten's a rather effeminate looking man). I thought that was building up to something bigger. But hey, I'm also super ok with this since it's the reverse of those hoping that Geten was Natsuo Todoroki.

That is a nice possible callback. Good notice.

I wonder if we'll get a christmas holiday arc or something like that, or just soon jump straight into year two. Either way, I'm looking forward to it all.
    end of spoilers
    I do agree with the name thing, it just sounds like they're gonna be fighting for ghost oppression, in this context "Metahumans" just sound better than "Paranormal".
    It'll be interesting to see what the english manga, sub and dub do with the name when they get to it.

spoilers:
    Speaking of Geten. I was surprised by how casually her unmasked face was revealed this chapter, and that she turned out to be a woman (unless Geten's a rather effeminate looking man). I thought that was building up to something bigger. But hey, I'm also super ok with this since it's the reverse of those hoping that Geten was Natsuo Todoroki.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I'm actually glad it wasn't Natsuo, just because at this point it would've felt more like a fan service reveal, and would made the Todoroki situation way more complicated than it already is, and what's there already still needs a bit more time just for itself.

With how casual she was revealed, now I'm not sure if it was deliberate teasing on Horikoshi's part regarding the Dabi theories, or if this was all something the fans looked too much into without the author's intention, cause I could see it going either way.

I am hoping the next big villain group thing that will come up is Dabi focused, considering unlike the other LoVs who got some development and evolution, he's still shrouded in mystery AND had a weakness exposed, so feels like he needs some time to shine. And if all the theories are true (which they probably are), it opens up so many interesting directions for the story to take. How does that effect an Endeavor/Shoto confrontation? And how does the media react if the identity goes public?
    end of spoilers

It'll be interesting to see what the english manga, sub and dub do with the name when they get to it.
    Ever since the Shonen Jump app started earlier this year, the official English ViZ translations have been coming out at about the same time as the fan translations, so "Paranormal" is the official name they're using for the group.