Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    BANNED

yeah its weird to me to see everyone so negative over someone with a unique artstyle and an authentic love of the franchise, who has contributed a lot to it already

anyways, the prospect of Liefeld returning is better than Claremont or Byrne, he's at least not a dinosaur

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    yeah its weird to me to see everyone so negative over someone with a unique artstyle and an authentic love of the franchise, who has contributed a lot to it already

anyways, the prospect of Liefeld returning is better than Claremont or Byrne, he's at least not a dinosaur
    The way they've been using Claremont in recent years is actually good, but I suspect that's just him only wanting a part in smaller works and not editorial being wise. On Liefeld, though, I wouldn't really have an issue with the project because it gives me more snark fuel, but the extra snark material I get when the book's bizarrely timed and so indicative of the overall line's problems isn't worth, y'know, the state of the entire line.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The way they've been using Claremont in recent years is actually good, but I suspect that's just him only wanting a part in smaller works and not editorial being wise. On Liefeld, though, I wouldn't really have an issue with the project because it gives me more snark fuel, but the extra snark material I get when the book's bizarrely timed and so indicative of the overall line's problems isn't worth, y'know, the state of the entire line.
    It is not Claremont's choice to be used so little. In fact, he was not even aware that the wedding he wrote a short story for was never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It is not Claremont's choice to be used so little. In fact, he was not even aware that the wedding he wrote a short story for was never going to happen.
    That is the most X-Office move ever, Yeezus.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I'm just glad that the cosplayers won't have to spend much to adopt the Major X look at the next big Comicon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Amazing Member

Still think this is a retread, as Cable was originally called Commander X so Major X is not exactly a stretch, altho I'm assuming (hoping!) Major X is not Cable (jeez, hope it's not an AU or clone of Cable!). From memory, I think all the interesting Cable character developments had nothing to do with RL - parents, Askani, Mutant Jesus, Hope - so I'm not antcipating anything good from this AND this is based on previous RL & Marvel experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    How do you know this?
    Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    A love for the franchise? Is this sarcasm?
    Liefeld has a love for himself and the characters he (co-)created but nothing else.
    Give me one story where he’s written any of the X-Men well, told an amazing x-story using someone else’s character or gave us an issue with mind blowing art?
    Last edited by JaffyJayne; 01-21-2019 at 06:25 AM.

He loves Wolverine and often says that he is his favorite character. Just as FYI.

Think it could be X?

I hope not. I find the whole concept of X to be dumb, so making this an alternate reality version of a dumb and already convoluted character would be awful. Very Liefeld, though. Ha. But I sure hope not. I’m hoping he’s new.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I hope not. I find the whole concept of X to be dumb, so making this an alternate reality version of a dumb and already convoluted character would be awful. Very Liefeld, though. Ha. But I sure hope not. I’m hoping he’s new.
    I hope it's a chick

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I hope it's a chick
    It's gonna be Natalie Grey the clone of Natalia Summers aka Cord and archnemesis of Apocalypta from a dystopian future.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    It's gonna be Natalie Grey the clone of Natalia Summers aka Cord and archnemesis of Apocalypta from a dystopian future.
    Noooooooo!!