Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I mean, artificial scarcity is a thing, so you'd probably just get the same group of complete monsters ruining everything for everybody because they literally cannot exist in a universe of plenty for anyone but themselves. I don't think any one fingersnap is going to fix everything. Thanos is probably just intellectually lazy and wants to satisfy his own ego but doesn't have the stamina to actually commit to a real, organized, long term plan. Because then he'd have to listen to other people.
    At current this makes up a significant fraction of my job, and I can wholeheartedly back his decision to go the lazy way, because of it.

However, this doesn't change the fact that he's an idiot.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    At current this makes up a significant fraction of my job, and I can wholeheartedly back his decision to go the lazy way, because of it.
    I mean I'm assuming the scale of your decisions is a bit different.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i wouldn't say he lacked a personality. he had more than step-wolf. that's for sure.
    That's damning with faint praise right there. Step-wolf wasn't a character, he was basically just an excuse to bring our heroes together. You could have replaced him and his army with a giant meteorite that was preceded by smaller meteorites and gotten the same effect. Because he didn't have a reason for doing what he did beyond 'I'm evil'.

Thanos, for all his faults, had a reason for doing what he was doing beyond 'I'm evil'. It was batshit insane and naively delusional, but there WAS a reason.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

I mean I'm assuming the scale of your decisions is a bit different.
    Well, I'd probably go for the 100%, instead of half.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Well, I'd probably go for the 100%, instead of half.
    So you're in customer service, huh?
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

So you're in customer service, huh?
    Not just customer service. Medical customer service.

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    That's damning with faint praise right there. Step-wolf wasn't a character, he was basically just an excuse to bring our heroes together. You could have replaced him and his army with a giant meteorite that was preceded by smaller meteorites and gotten the same effect. Because he didn't have a reason for doing what he did beyond 'I'm evil'.

Thanos, for all his faults, had a reason for doing what he was doing beyond 'I'm evil'. It was batshit insane and naively delusional, but there WAS a reason.
    Which works for the character if you ask me. He's the Mad Titan after all. Not the Socio-economically conscious Titan.