Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Symbiote Spider-Man Mini Series Announced

https://www.newsarama.com/43546-the-...der-man-1.html

"Writer Peter David and artist Greg Land will return to an iconic period from the Marvel Universe's past in April's Symbiote Spider-Man #1, the first in a five-issue limited series.

The story pits Spider-Man against Mysterio in the time period before he discovered his black suit was an alien entity - the symbiote that later bonded with Eddie Brock to become Venom."
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

"Venom may be my day job and favorite Spider-Villain, but my favorite fictional character of all time is the one and only Spider-Man – and far and away, this is one of the most exciting projects I’ve ever had the privilege of working on in my five and a half years here at Marvel,” said editor Devin Lewis in an announcement. “This is an in-continuity story of Peter Parker A.K.A. The Amazing Spider-Man set in the weeks he was wearing the alien symbiote costume that would later become one of his greatest foes! And all your favorites are there – Black Cat, Aunt May, The Bugle. This is classic Spider-Action in the Mighty Marvel Manner!”

“What’s Mysterio doing on the cover?!” Lewis asked ominously. “He never fought Symbiote Spidey! Or did he?! Now, I know a lot of y’all out there in Mighty Marveldom are going to scoff at that – that this story is in-continuity – but trust me! Peter, Greg and I have all done our homework – we’ve read and reread the original 'Alien Costume Saga' in its entirety, revisited old stories and talked around those classics literally, for hours. This is Peter Parker as Spider-Man, wearing one of the most iconic costumes in all of comics, and we’re treating this story will the heart, seriousness and respect that that entails as a result.”

Uh...well, always nice to see PAD write Spider-Man even if I don't see much coming from this story other then a solid, inconsequential, romp with Peter and the Symbiote.

I guess it gives them something with Mysterio they can market if they don't have something ready to tie-in with Far From Home.

I swear there's already a topic about this and I just can't see it. Because the government doesn't want me to. But I know it's there. I'm not crazy. I can sense it.

Anyway uhhhh, I like that PAD is back where he started somewhat and I actually like Land so uhhhh cool, cool

I might give this one a shot; I do like Mysterio as a villain a lot.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Sounds awesome! I like series which try to capture a particular era of a character or team whilst telling new stories with them. Might give it a read...

Well...Symbiote Spider-Man is hype! I'm down.

I'm a bit disappointed as when I first read the thread title I thought the series would be based upon an AU in which Peter kept the Symbiote. Oh well, still looks somewhat interesting.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Nothing about this concept is making me want to buy it.

BANNED

This screams synergy because it'll be published while the movie is out, with Mysterio and a black suited Spidey.

Astonishing Member

We literally just got an ASM annual with an “untold” tale of Peter with the symbiote. How much are they going to milk this period for new stories? Didn’t it only last about 4 or 5 months when it originally happened? PAD didn’t exactly shine on Scarlet Spider, so I’ll probably give this one a skip unless it gets really good reviews.

Astonishing Member

I am going to make sure to pre-order.Looking forward to read more stories of the Symbiote Spider-Man era, after all that era was not written for many stories in the Spider-Man comics back then. And Peter David stories are great. Greg Land doing the art makes this a interesting Limited Series art wise.The cover of the first story looks awesome.

could've had a better title, but, kudos-- I suppose the TPB might be released with the movie? Or maybe the DVD?

Looking forward to it. I like the creative team, era, and use of an A-list foe who hadn't fought the alien costume Spider-Man.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Looking forward to it. I like the creative team, era, and use of an A-list foe who hadn't fought the alien costume Spider-Man.
    Yeah, I'll give it a shot. Looks fun.