Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Symbiote Spider-Man Mini Series Announced

https://www.newsarama.com/43546-the-...der-man-1.html

"Writer Peter David and artist Greg Land will return to an iconic period from the Marvel Universe's past in April's Symbiote Spider-Man #1, the first in a five-issue limited series.

The story pits Spider-Man against Mysterio in the time period before he discovered his black suit was an alien entity - the symbiote that later bonded with Eddie Brock to become Venom."
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

"Venom may be my day job and favorite Spider-Villain, but my favorite fictional character of all time is the one and only Spider-Man – and far and away, this is one of the most exciting projects I’ve ever had the privilege of working on in my five and a half years here at Marvel,” said editor Devin Lewis in an announcement. “This is an in-continuity story of Peter Parker A.K.A. The Amazing Spider-Man set in the weeks he was wearing the alien symbiote costume that would later become one of his greatest foes! And all your favorites are there – Black Cat, Aunt May, The Bugle. This is classic Spider-Action in the Mighty Marvel Manner!”

“What’s Mysterio doing on the cover?!” Lewis asked ominously. “He never fought Symbiote Spidey! Or did he?! Now, I know a lot of y’all out there in Mighty Marveldom are going to scoff at that – that this story is in-continuity – but trust me! Peter, Greg and I have all done our homework – we’ve read and reread the original 'Alien Costume Saga' in its entirety, revisited old stories and talked around those classics literally, for hours. This is Peter Parker as Spider-Man, wearing one of the most iconic costumes in all of comics, and we’re treating this story will the heart, seriousness and respect that that entails as a result.”

I swear there's already a topic about this and I just can't see it. Because the government doesn't want me to. But I know it's there. I'm not crazy. I can sense it.

Anyway uhhhh, I like that PAD is back where he started somewhat and I actually like Land so uhhhh cool, cool

I might give this one a shot; I do like Mysterio as a villain a lot.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Sounds awesome! I like series which try to capture a particular era of a character or team whilst telling new stories with them. Might give it a read...

Well...Symbiote Spider-Man is hype! I'm down.

Uh...well, always nice to see PAD write Spider-Man even if I don't see much coming from this story other then a solid, inconsequential, romp with Peter and the Symbiote.

I guess it gives them something with Mysterio they can market if they don't have something ready to tie-in with Far From Home.