View Poll Results: Do you want Jon de-aged?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

95 72.52%
  • No

18 13.74%
  • Undecided

18 13.74%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Kon93

Maybe he can be magically de aged and jonn can wipe his memories so he won't remember all the horrible crap out in space.

I'm sure bendis will try to make him popular, a whole lot of Jon kicking anybody and everything's ass with a grrr on his face while doing it

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I think this is Superman fans first real welcome to Bendis moment,I would bet money that this aging up story doesn't go anywhere or it is design to take Jon off the board.
    This is on the money. Bendis give's Zero yucks about anything than the story he wants to tell. The mess he leave's after as side effects will be for others to clean up. If it is even possible.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Did u read it all the issues in one sitting?
    I did. I had two issues of Superman and three of Action. Loved all of them.

And Jon in space is looking much better to me now.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Didn't I say space prince Jon would be up your alley? lol

He's got this Simba vibe by way of Captain Harlock. Surprisingly effective combo. And you gotta admit it's a story we've never actually seen in the Superman universe, so I'm willing to give it a shot.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

I did. I had two issues of Superman and three of Action. Loved all of them.

Bendis writes for the trade and it probably comes out a lot better collected

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

He's got this Simba vibe by way of Captain Harlock. Surprisingly effective combo. And you gotta admit it's a story we've never actually seen in the Superman universe, so I'm willing to give it a shot.
    Simba vibe? I am assuming it is from lion King. I didn't get that vibe at all. Is jon in space going to have enough panel time at all?since it felt like he was rushing through an important explanation last week.

You did! Honestly man, we're often on the same wavelength with Superman so I take your word with a lot of weight. These last few months, not having the time to get my copies, your posts were all I had to go on, though I glossed over a lot of spoilers and interview comments.

Hey, Ive said from the start that I'd give this a fair shot and Bendis had earned my trust. I just wasn't sure we were gaining more than we were losing. Hel, Im still not completely sure we're not, but that first issue with space prince Jon soothed 95% of my concerns.

I'm all about seeing where this goes. And Reis managed to age Jon up without making him look completely different; I see "space Jon" and I can still see that ten year old kid Ive come to enjoy so much. I can still hear him in the dialogue.

It seems like a rarity these days but it is nice to know my hope and faith in Bendis (despite not liking most of his modern Marvel work) wasn't misplaced.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I just wasn't sure we were gaining more than we were losing. Hel, Im still not completely sure we're not, but that first issue with space prince Jon soothed 95% of my concerns.
    Glad to be of service lol And yeah I won't pretend to know if this is good compensation for what we're losing, but I can't say I'm not interested in Jon's singular journey going forward.

I'm all about seeing where this goes. And Reis managed to age Jon up without making him look completely different
    Reis is a freakin godsend for what he's done with space prince Jon. From the not too muscular frame to the wind swept hair and optimistic eyes, Reis never lets me lose Jon in all this, and that can't be overstated.

it is nice to know my hope and faith in Bendis (despite not liking most of his modern Marvel work) wasn't misplaced.
    I know what you mean. I've been reading the Bendis stuff I missed lately, and, boy, those misses are freakin MISSES, man! So I'm really thankful this works for me, and I don't begrudge trepidation by anyone else.

_______

It should also be noted that the Super Sons are still on. On twitter Bendis recently just said https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...38567821103105

"its odd that people think this breaks them up. if ANYTHING their friendship just hit the next level of awesome. example: the movie BIG."

and

"no worries. and I know YOU didn't think I was breaking them up, but I was getting that a bit all weekend. have no fear, my history on other books shows, (miles and ganke etc.) I don't break up friends, I celebrate them."
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Incredible Member

It should also be noted that the Super Sons are still on. On twitter Bendis recently just said https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...38567821103105

"its odd that people think this breaks them up. if ANYTHING their friendship just hit the next level of awesome. example: the movie BIG."

and

"no worries. and I know YOU didn't think I was breaking them up, but I was getting that a bit all weekend. have no fear, my history on other books shows, (miles and ganke etc.) I don't break up friends, I celebrate them."
    As I've said elsewhere I'm really doubtful seventeen year-old Jon and thirteen year-old Damian will work. There a big maturity difference between a seventeen year old and a thirteen year old. It wouldn't make any sense for Jon to be exactly the same personality if he lived through those seven years.

And to focus on the "Big" example. If Seventeen year old actually is ten year old Jon mind in the seventeen year old body artificially aged to seventeen, that's all the more reason for him to be de-aged. If that's what he was implying.

The fact we're getting a meeting between new Jon and Damian also pretty much shoots down any hope this was going to be undone at the end of the current story arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    As I've said elsewhere I'm really doubtful seventeen year-old Jon and thirteen year-old Damian will work. There a big maturity difference between a seventeen year old and a thirteen year old. It wouldn't make any sense for Jon to be exactly the same personality if he lived through those seven years.
    Damian's a pretty mature 13 year old what with all the PHDs, killing people, and his general disposition. He also ran two teams where he was the youngest, and did just fine interacting with them as an equal (if not superior). Had this been anyone besides Damian I'd be like "yeah, maybe it's a stretch." but since it's specifically Damian, I can see it. Plus, I'm 100% sure Jon has changed in some regards--that's part of the point--but he seems enough like his old self to still pick up some aspects of their dynamic while creating new ones.

Now instead of Jon being the naive "kid brother" of the two, he's the weird and fantastical one from space.

And to focus on the "Big" example. If Seventeen year old actually is ten year old Jon mind in the seventeen year old body artificially aged to seventeen, that's all the more reason for him to be de-aged. If that's what he was implying.
    I think people may be taking the example from Big too literally.

The fact we're getting a meeting between new Jon and Damian also pretty much shoots down any hope this was going to be undone at the end of the current story arc.
    I agree, and......I'm finding myself more okay with that...personally..obviously.

It won't be exactly the same dynamics as before, but Jon's overall personality will be same.Jon will be more experienced, than naive this time around.it is hard for overall core of a person to change. So jon will be as close to personality as he was.Their history together will be intact.Damian and Jon are the least likely people to care about age anyway.

I'm scared that if Jon's de-aged, it'll just lead to this arc never being mentioned again. Which actually, would probably be a good thing, but it definitely leads into DC's awful policy of, well, ignoring large swaths of their continuity. It's a trend I'd rather not see encouraged, even if this particular arc is, er, not really my cup of tea.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Incredible Member

I understand trying to be optimistic. I was really hoping this was Jon from the future trying to save his past self from Jor-El and it would be over by the end of unity. I just can't see Jon being this much older than Damian working out on a permanent/ongoing basis, even if Damian is very mature for his age. I guess we're going to have to see where this goes but I'm still the de-age camp.

I understand trying to be optimistic. I was really hoping this was Jon from the future trying to save his past self from Jor-El and it would be over by the end of unity. I just can't see Jon being this much older than Damian working out on a permanent/ongoing basis, even if Damian is very mature for his age. I guess we're going to have to see where this goes but I'm still the de-age camp.
    Nothing wrong with feeling like that. I certainly don't take personal offence. Neither you or I have actually seen the new dynamic in play yet, so even if I can point to some precedent of it not being a stretch for Damian, we still need to see it in practice. I'm totally with you on that.

I honestly hope it works out, and both you and I find stuff to like about it.

I don't think it can be sustained either. i am still in deage camp.And i do believe they will revert him back sooner or later(my gut feeling, i could be wrong) .since, jon has started bleed into other media. I am far more at ease that jon will be sticking around. And as you said the there are outs, to bring him back. In meantime, we can have enjoy this future trunks version of jon with damian.
    But i do think Clark and lois's Characterisation have taken a thrashing. Which i am not a fan of.