View Poll Results: Do you want Jon de-aged?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

95 72.52%
  • No

18 13.74%
  • Undecided

18 13.74%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I vote yes.

If there are going to be two Superboys around (which I don’t mind), the age difference is a nice way to contrast them.
    Pretty much.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Well, they have their solution to that one. Jon isn't going to be Superboy anymore, so that's free and clear for just Conner now. The deal is now two Supermen.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Jon being Superman someday, I wouldn't have minded. But this hamfisted and stupid age up was the wrong way to do it. Making Jon a blander version of Clark as a teen was the wrong way to do it.

I'll stop there before I go off on a rant.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I vote yes. DC missed the whole point of why people liked Jon in the first place (surprise surprise DC having no clue). People like that Jon was a bright eyed happy kid. A true Superboy. No one wanted him aged up to teenager. Aging up the little kid is the oldest and laziest troupe in writing and is almost universally hated at this point because it has been done to death. The way they did it made even less sense which also adds to people not liking teen Jon.

I've changed my stance from indifferent to yes. Just to stop this new Superman lunacy.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The deal is now two Supermen.
    Merge them so Clark can have his history with the Legion back and be the founder of the UP.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Merge them so Clark can have his history with the Legion back and be the founder of the UP.
    I don't like the idea of Clark as superboy having met the Legion. He shouldn't know what his legacy is as a teenager. When he's 40 years old, sure throw him to the future and let him ses the result of some of the rhings he ahas been doing. But not as a kid.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Lois is a more intrusive person and is a little bit prideful. Plus she speculates a lot on people's reasons for what they do. These aren't defects, they are character traits, that Jon could pick up at some level.
    And clark isn't?It's because clark is intrusive that he helps.As for pride,only superjesus doesn't have pride.But,i will take that.They are investigative reporter,ofcourse they speculate.If clark isn't doing that,then he is a bad reporter.You don't need to defend traits as defects or virtues for me as long as the arc is good and says something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Well, they have their solution to that one. Jon isn't going to be Superboy anymore, so that's free and clear for just Conner now. The deal is now two Supermen.
    And they both feel like superman.Clark is kicking ass as a gladiator,he always was.Jon is jumping around and protecting kids.There is tons action and lots of heart.I am at peace with this whole thing now.As long as,supersons doesn't feel isolated and is treated like a superboy/robin series.Grownup stories feel superman.Then i am ok with age.As long as they retcon how it was done and don't take jurgen/tomasi's contribution to the character for granted.Jon is their creation.
    I don't like the idea of Clark as superboy having met the Legion. He shouldn't know what his legacy is as a teenager. When he's 40 years old, sure throw him to the future and let him ses the result of some of the rhings he ahas been doing. But not as a kid.
    40 year old clark wouldn't need legion.He would be at peace with everything,under normal circumstances.He would have gotten his **** together by then.Kal needed superkids cause,he felt isolated(it's silverage status quo).Superboy stories didn't affect superman stories.Besides,memory wipes can be used.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-24-2020 at 09:04 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    40 year old clark wouldn't need legion.He would be at peace with everything,under normal circumstances.He would have gotten his **** together by then.Kal needed superkids cause,he felt isolated(it's silverage status quo).Superboy stories didn't affect superman stories.Besides,memory wipes can be used.
    Thing is, I don't think Superman should need Legion, and I don't think Legion needs to actually meet Superman as a kid. Clark needs to be an unsure person when he gets to Metropolis. He shouldn't even know the name Superman before people start calling him that in the papers.

So if they want Superman to meet the legion, then do it as an adult. It's just as entertaining.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Thing is, I don't think Superman should need Legion, and I don't think Legion needs to actually meet Superman as a kid. Clark needs to be an unsure person when he gets to Metropolis. He shouldn't even know the name Superman before people start calling him that in the papers.

So if they want Superman to meet the legion, then do it as an adult. It's just as entertaining.
    I get what you are saying.Siegel's superboy would have been different than what we have.Silverage wasn't that bad.As said,they could just use mind wipe like men in black.Clark would have no idea about.his adventures,only a sub concious feeling that it happened.I am of the mind that if kal el - the man of tomorrow is the interpretation.Then legion is gonna connected to that.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

You could have his memories with the Legion get erased. They have a telepath on the team and a timestream they don't want to destroy.

BANNED

I want to see how things will be moving forward so no thank you.

I don't get this obsession with de-aging character, even though the aging part doesn't make sense either.
    The same thing happened to Chris Kent in New Krypton, he suddenly became an adult,
    and he was de-aged later, then went into Limbo.

I think if you want to see a Super-kid, DC should just make Clark and Lois have another kid no?
    Then Jon can be Dick Grayson, and the new kid can be Damian of Super-family.

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post

I don't get this obsession with de-aging character, even though the aging part doesn't make sense either.
    The same thing happened to Chris Kent in New Krypton, he suddenly became an adult,

I think if you want to see a Super-kid, DC should just make Clark and Lois have another kid no?
    Because the fandom wants/wanted to see Jon grow up over the years. Not be 10-11 one issue, and then 17-18 the next he appears. It skipped out on a LOT of storytelling that really hasn't been seen since Dick's Robin years.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post

Not really without some convolution. Your theoretical new kid if born in the present would be a baby and 13 years Damian's junior. Jon was already part Damian's generation and they had a established and well liked set up in Super-Sons. Jon doesn't fit in with Dicks generation at all. I think right now Natasha Irons has the closest relationship with Dicks group via being part of their Titans team post No Justice. Alternatively I've seen suggestions to have Karen or Kara associate with them. In any case, any one of those three make more sense as being Dick's Superfamily member.

And frankly, if the cause of the Age up was to remove Clark and Lois having young child that was dependent on them, and let's face it, it was, and they are keeping Jon aged up because they don't want Clark and Lois to have kid that's young enough to be dependent on them, which let's face it, would be the reason for them keeping the age-up, not respecting Bendis or non-existant character development, they are not going to introduce a new kid just to replace the younger Jon. If for whatever reason they wanted to have their cake and eat it too, it would be more realistic they rescue the younger Jon via time travel and allow the older one to stay around as alternate timeline duplicate.

So effectively your suggestion is an impractical, unrealistic expectation and comes across as patronizing and a little insulting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Not really without some convolution. Your theoretical new kid if born in the present would be a baby and 13 years Damian's junior. Jon was already part Damian's generation and they had a established and well liked set up in Super-Sons. Jon doesn't fit in with Dicks generation at all. I think right now Natasha Irons has the closest relationship with Dicks group via being part of their Titans team post No Justice. Alternatively I've seen suggestions to have Karen or Kara associate with them. In any case, any one of those three make more sense as being Dick's Superfamily member.

And frankly, if the cause of the Age up was to remove Clark and Lois having young child that was dependent on them, and let's face it, it was, and they are keeping Jon aged up because they don't want Clark and Lois to have kid that's young enough to be dependent on them, which let's face it, would be the reason for them keeping the age-up, not respecting Bendis or non-existant character development, they are not going to introduce a new kid just to replace the younger Jon. If for whatever reason they wanted to have their cake and eat it too, it would be more realistic they rescue the younger Jon via time travel and allow the older one to stay around as alternate timeline duplicate.

So effectively your suggestion is an impractical, unrealistic expectation and comes across as patronizing and a little insulting.
    But it's like I pointed out, this whole rodeo happened before,
    and the result is that Chris Kent is left in Limbo for over ten years,
    only Morrison was gracious enough to use Chris Kent as the Superman in Multiversity The Just.
    And honestly DC can just pump out all the Super-Sons book they want since they are not constrained by continuity anymore.