View Poll Results: Who was the first "Huntress" you ever read about in a comic book?

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Golden Age Huntress (later named "Paula Brooks"), 1st seen in Sensation Comics #68 (August 1947)

10 6.49%
  • Huntress from Atlas Comics / Seaboard, 1st (and only?) appearance in The Destructor #3 (June 1975)

0 0%
  • pre-CoIE Earth-1 Huntress - 1st appeared in Batman Family #7 (September-October 1976)

3 1.95%
  • Barbara "Bobbi" Morse, appeared as "Huntress" in Marvel Super Action #1 (January, 1976)

0 0%
  • pre-CoIE Helena Wayne (Earth-2) - 1st appearances DC Super Stars #17 (November/December 1977)

47 30.52%
  • Helena Bertinelli (post-CoIE version), 1st appearance in The Huntress #1 (April 1989)

82 53.25%
  • Carol Danvers (Amalgam Comics version of Huntress) in Legends of the Dark Claw #1 (April, 1996)

1 0.65%
  • (New52) Helena Wayne (post-Flashpoint Earth 2 version) - 1st appeared in Huntress #1 (December 2011)

11 7.14%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Who was the first "Huntress" you ever read about in a comic book?

Who was the first character called "Huntress" you ever read about in a comic book?

Here are the possibilities I'm aware of:
    * Golden Age Huntress (later given the name "Paula Brooks"), 1st seen fighting Wildcat in Sensation Comics #68 (August 1947)
    * Huntress from Atlas Comics / Seaboard, 1st (and only?) appearance in The Destructor #3 (June 1975)
    * Earth-1 Huntress (originally a villainess), 1st appearance in Batman Family #7 (September-October 1976)
    * Barbara "Bobbi" Morse, 1st (and possibly only) appearance as "Huntress" in Marvel Super Action #1 magazine (January, 1976)
    * Helena Wayne (Earth-2 daughter of Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle, pre-CoIE version), 1st appearance in DC Super Stars #17 (November/December 1977) / All-Star Comics #69 (December 1977)
    * Helena Bertinelli (post-CoIE version), 1st appearance in The Huntress #1 (April 1989)
    * Carol Danvers (Amalgam Comics version of Huntress) in Legends of the Dark Claw #1 (April, 1996)
    * (New52) Helena Wayne (post-Flashpoint Earth 2 daughter of Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle),1st appearance in Huntress #1 (December 2011)

Remember, we're not talking who your favorite version is.
    The question being asked is which is the one you first read about in a comic book story.

Not sure. I remember reading Helena Wayne in an Earth 2 Brave and the Bold book. It had Hugo Strange, Robin, Batman and Helena on the cover. I also read Robin Joker's Wild which I believe had Bertinelli in it around the same time.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Not sure. I remember reading Helena Wayne in an Earth 2 Brave and the Bold book. It had Hugo Strange, Robin, Batman and Helena on the cover. I also read Robin Joker's Wild which I believe had Bertinelli in it around the same time.
    I don't think that's "Huntress" you're referring to . . .

If that's the cover, that was the original Batwoman (Kathy Kane).
    (Can't remember if Huntress was even shown in that story off-hand.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I don't think that's "Huntress" you're referring to . . .

If that's the cover, that was the original Batwoman (Kathy Kane).
    (Can't remember if Huntress was even shown in that story off-hand.)
    Ah I haven't read that in years. I guess then Bertinelli was my first Huntress.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

To try and clarify who we're talking about, . . .
    Golden Age Huntress (later given the name "Paula Brooks"), 1st seen fighting Wildcat in Sensation Comics #68 (August 1947)

Huntress from Atlas Comics / Seaboard, 1st (and only?) appearance in The Destructor #3 (June 1975)

Earth-1 Huntress (originally a villainess), 1st appearance in Batman Family #7 (September-October 1976)

more to follow later . . .

a few more . . .
    Barbara "Bobbi" Morse, 1st (and possibly only) appearance as "Huntress" in Marvel Super Action #1 magazine (January, 1976)

(NOTE: She later went on to become Mockingbird)

Helena Wayne (Earth-2 daughter of Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle, pre-CoIE version), 1st appearance in DC Super Stars #17 (November/December 1977) / All-Star Comics #69 (December 1977)

Helena Bertinelli (post-CoIE version), 1st appearance in The Huntress #1 (April 1989)

N52 Helena Wayne... But I knew about Helena Bertinelli, I saw her in the animated world..

Helena Bertinelli in the pages of Nightwing and Huntress, which is coincidentally the first comic book I ever read.

Helena Wayne Earth two was the first one I read about. I remember bein g confused because i didnt know it was an Earth Two story or even what Earth Two was. I jsut kept thinking when did Batman have a daughter.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Now for the last two possibilities listed on the poll:
    Carol Danvers (Amalgam Comics version of Huntress) in Legends of the Dark Claw #1 (April, 1996)
    Marvel's Carol Danvers as Huntress:

(New52) Helena Wayne (post-Flashpoint Earth 2 daughter of Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle),1st appearance in Huntress #1 (December 2011)

This version of "Helena Wayne" has some big differences from the pre-CoIE version, not the least being that before taking on the Huntress identity, she (not Dick Grayson) had been her Earth's Robin.

BANNED

Bertinelli Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Bertinelli Forever.
    Your response (with "Forever") worries me as to whether you just voted for your favorite Huntress or the first Huntress you ever read in a comic book story . . .

Incredible Member

First: Golden-age Huntress, villain, in a DC reprint.

Favorite: Earth 2 Helena Wayne.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Helena Bertinelli in "Robin III Cry of the Huntress", since then she's one of my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    First: Golden-age Huntress, villain, in a DC reprint.
    Yay! Now I'm not the only one!

By the way, numbers at the moment (which makes it easier to compare progresses later):
    * Helena Bertinelli (post-CoIE version) = 12 votes
    * pre-CoIE Helena Wayne (from Earth-2, 1st appeared 1977) = 6 votes
    * Golden Age Huntress (1st appeared 1947) = 2 votes
    * (New52) Helena Wayne (post-Flashpoint / 2011) = 2 votes