Invisible Woman (Jessica Alba)
    Human Torch (Chris Evans)
    Mister Fantastic (Miles Teller)
    The Thing (Jamie Bell)
    Invisible Woman (Kate Mara)
    Human Torch (Michael B. Jordan)

1) Thor with Mjolnir.
    2) Thor with Stormbreaker.

The 2005-07 Fantastic Four start on one side of the arena, the 2015 Fantastic Four start on the other. Thor starts in the middle.

How goes it?

Do we treat the dwarf-star-resisting feat as an outlier? Cos if not, the Human Torches are going to do both diddley and squat.

Thing may actually be stronger than Thor. He has some impressive feats.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Thing may actually be stronger than Thor. He has some impressive feats.
    Comparable to the Hulk ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Neither Thing is as strong as Hulk or Thor.

This fight really depends on how well the two forcefield wielders get their stuff going.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Do we treat the dwarf-star-resisting feat as an outlier? Cos if not, the Human Torches are going to do both diddley and squat.
    I have been. Mileage may vary on the subject though!
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I feel like if we include Thor Tanking a sun then everything prevous to that shouldnt have even hurt him. Like are we going to put Hela or Surtur as nearly as powerful as then sun now?

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    I feel like if we include Thor Tanking a sun then everything prevous to that shouldnt have even hurt him. Like are we going to put Hela or Surtur as nearly as powerful as then sun now?
    I’m fine with that. So can the Johnnies hurt him before he puts out a Ragnarok-Level lightning spam?

And can the Sues protect against the lightning spam? What’s the highest level thing her forcefields have protected against?

Thing braced against that 100K ton ferris wheel in the second movie which is beyond any MCU strength feat.

However that's just lifting strength. His striking feats aren't that good. I guess we could use the Johnny Storm vs Cosmic Doom fight.

The other Thing fucked up a Tank in one shot IIRC. Not good enough tho.

Ultimate Member

While I have no problem with the Thor star feat (it wasn't just a throw away thing it was involved in a major plot device), he didn't tank the dwarf star, it roasted him and was only revived by the new shiny hammer. Although him surviving it long enough to allow storm breakers forge was pretty up there as film durability feats go.

That being said, I don't know if any of Human Torches have shown sufficient power output to seriously trouble Thor.

Although, Invisible Woman could pull some shenanigans and turn the members invisible I honestly can't remember her doing anything like that. The Things are strong but I'm not sure they are strong enough to put down Thor who (with mjolnir) has a history of reducing large monsters not named Hulk or Kurse to rubble and/or tiny pieces.
    Last edited by Username taken; 01-20-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Thing braced against that 100K ton ferris wheel in the second movie which is beyond any MCU strength feat.

However that's just lifting strength. His striking feats aren't that good. I guess we could use the Johnny Storm vs Cosmic Doom fight.

The other Thing fucked up a Tank in one shot IIRC. Not good enough tho.
    He braced that ferris wheel only after Sue had started pushing it with her forcefield. Honestly it's more her feat than his. Reed also helped as an anchor point pulling it back. Aaand it had just started tipping over. Its not like he caught it flat out or had it suspended off the ground.

I don't see it as better than arresting the momentum + killing a space whale personally.

Do you have a link for it being 100k tons?
    - big_adventure

Did a bit of digging. The Ferris Wheel is the Signapore Flyer. The rim weighs 700 t, the cables weigh 300 t while the support structure and spindle weigh 600 t.
    - big_adventure

Did a bit of digging. The Ferris Wheel is the Signapore Flyer. The rim weighs 700 t, the cables weigh 300 t while the support structure and spindle weigh 600 t.
    I think I probably saw it being discussed as like 1000+ tons and my idiot brain added a couple of zeroes.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    I think I probably saw it being discussed as like 1000+ tons and my idiot brain added a couple of zeroes.
    These things happen.
    - big_adventure

Wait, what?

What kind of digging did you do?? The scene was explicitly specified as being here in the UK (in London) and, as far as I can recall, the Singapore Flyer is in... well... Singapore.

The wheel in question was the London Eye - an observation wheel that overlooks London's River Thames.

It was the world's largest structure of its kind when it was opened in 2000, but it's since been beaten by several others around the world - one of which is the Singapore Flyer.