Extraordinary Member

Default Magnus Miscellaneous Mainstream Manga Melee Madness

I'm a bit bored as the work week is approaching its end. So here are five halfway random showdowns.

1. Hayato Furinji of the Ryozanpaku Dojo vs. Ranma Saotome of the Anything Goes Martials Arts school

2. Rob Lucci of Cipher Pol 9 vs. Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez of the Espada
    Notes: We'll go with Pre-timeskip versions for both since we haven't seen much of the post-timeskip for either.

3. Yami Sukehiro of the Black Bulls vs. Setsuna Sakurazaki of Ala Alba
    Notes: If the basic speed difference makes it a blitz then we can say equalized speed.

4. Meliodas of the Seven Deadly Sins vs. Momoshiki Ōtsutsuki of the Ōtsutsuki clan
    Notes: Meliodas is from when he fought Escanor and Momoshiki has devoured Kinshiki, and Momoshiki has feats from both the anime and movie just to give him a bit more to work with.

5. Yusuke Urameshi the spirit detective vs. Brago of the Black Book

Who wins each fight?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

It is amusing how manga and anime fans tend toward this sort of broad multi-fight thread model.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I'm a bit bored as the work week is approaching its end. So here are five halfway random showdowns.

1. Hayato Furinji of the Ryozanpaku Dojo vs. Ranma Saotome of the Anything Goes Martials Arts school
    Hmmm... this is actually a pretty good fight methink. Ranma is stronger and more durable. We don't actually see Hayato take that many hits so his durability is a bit unknown. Ranma is potentially faster at peak. Again, we don't see Hayato's limits ever fully reached in the series. If he's equal to Mikumo then he can probably keep up with Ranma well enough.

Hayato will challenge him but I think he's ultimately a little outclassed.

2. Rob Lucci of Cipher Pol 9 vs. Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez of the Espada
    Notes: We'll go with Pre-timeskip versions for both since we haven't seen much of the post-timeskip for either.
    Grimmjow has a better range game, is faster and has a way scarier level of offensive power in his claw missiles and Gran Ray Cero. I think he takes it pretty convincingly.

3. Yami Sukehiro of the Black Bulls vs. Setsuna Sakurazaki of Ala Alba
    Notes: If the basic speed difference makes it a blitz then we can say equalized speed.
    Setsuna would normally blitz him into the ground with impunity. Equalised speed... Yami has some decent area of effect stuff and his big offensive spells are really potent. He might be able to steal a win but Setsuna's flight, homing daggers and generally slightly better swordsmanship clinches this for her in my opinion.

4. Meliodas of the Seven Deadly Sins vs. Momoshiki Ōtsutsuki of the Ōtsutsuki clan
    Notes: Meliodas is from when he fought Escanor and Momoshiki has devoured Kinshiki, and Momoshiki has feats from both the anime and movie just to give him a bit more to work with.
    Meliodas... as in Raid Commander form? Yikes. Umm, yeah, I back Dragon's Sin of Wrath. Momoshiki will amuse him for a bit but he doesn't hit anywhere near hard enough and doesn't have the durability to survive even a light tap.

5. Yusuke Urameshi the spirit detective vs. Brago of the Black Book

Who wins each fight?
    This is end of series Yusuke I assume? Is this the theoretical "I'm in charge of my magic so I'm not reliant on a normal human partner to be a big weakness" Brago?

I mean, I think Brago has the raw durability to eat pretty much anything Yusuke throws at him. Dude resisted a multiple mountain erasing wave of energy just by virtue of being that tough. He also has a much wider bag of tricks to draw upon, black holes and the like. End of series Yusuke is physically stronger but I don't think it's going to matter too much.