Thread: DnD thread

Default DnD thread

I didnt see a thread for this so forgive me if one has been started but I thought it would be nice to have a DnD thread. Here it would be fun to here about other players campaigns, traps and all around funny moments.

I will start off. If a game I was running my players came across a door. No one could get past the door and the rouge could not pick the lock. That is when the Cleric asked "Is it a good door?" I said yes its a pretty good door. That is when he declared he was using Smite good on the door. I laughed and thought this was a creative approach so I allowed him to door this. A few minutes later the door was a pile of toothpicks on the ground.

Anyone else have a good DnD story?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

For some reason i never played a lot of DnD growing up. I played mostly Rolemaster, the Dark Eye, Warhammer rpg, Star Wars D6, Vampire the mascarade, In nomine Satanis/Magna Veritas and Cyberpunk over the years. (INV/MG the most i think)

And some D&D, rarely. Well, AD&D to be more precise, 2nd edition of course. (was already off the D&D boat when the third came out)

As for funny moments, for what i can remember a lot of them were thanks to some hard to believe dice rolls and to the overall good ambiance around the table. Well, not that often around a table actually when it comes to D&D cause when i was playing that game the most often back then i was what? Around 14-15 maybe. So a lot of those games took place outside, between two classes.

Which wasn't all that comfortable but fun for what it was.

I have stumbled into two different 5th ed groups going right now.

In one, I am playing an Aasimar Paladin. In the other, I am a human Cleric.

My group's D&D sessions usually end up getting pretty inappropriate.

Recently, we were doing one where I was playing a female Yuan-Ti Pureblood (aka snake-woman) Fighter. There was a shady knight with his buddies in a bar and we were investigating him. So me and another party member (she was playing a man in drag) attempted to seduce him. And we literally almost had to describe our sex with him until we both realized it was going nowhere and left him in bed.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Have been playing one edition or another of DnD for most of my life. I don't currently run any campaigns due to players moving away, and having no one to replace them but I was running two 5e campaigns concurrently for a while. We started off running Lost Mines of Phandelver, but both eventually strayed fairly far from that. I mentioned an in universe fast food restaurant as a joke, and shortly thereafter the adventure became focused on running a fast food franchise for one group. The other group dissolved after having joined a gang.

I'd like to actually play as a character in a 5e campaign, but I've never been able to find a group looking for players. There's a local Adventurer's league, but those are mostly filled with MTG who take the rules too seriously for there to be any actual fun.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Thought some people here might appreciate this SUV commercial from Brazil.

Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

I've always enjoyed the cRPGs dating back to the Gold Box stuff, but have only recently started playing the PnP 5e.

My character is a Dwarf Fighter (Champion) and I specialize in use of a War Hammer.

My group consists of a couple of guys I've known since I was 5 (I'm 38) so our sessions often just devolve into goofy in jokes and toilet humor.

I managed to create a recurring nemesis named "Sh*tty Bob" because I knocked out a Kobold and left him tied up dangling over a latrine while we raided his hideout.

If my Dwarf, Kaspar, dies i'm going to try a homebrew Aasamir build based on the Dragoon from FFXIV.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

That's dope. Very little is more enjoyable than some D&D with longtime friends.

Whenever I create Kobolds with interesting names my players just try to befriend them. Usually the dice fall in their favor.

I actually might be joining in on a game as a player for the first time in years soon. It's just a one day Lair Assault session at a game shop, but I'm hoping it will be fun. It's meant for level 16 characters so I had to build one on DnD Beyond. The results were pretty awesome, hopefully it's approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    That's dope. Very little is more enjoyable than some D&D with longtime friends.

Whenever I create Kobolds with interesting names my players just try to befriend them. Usually the dice fall in their favor.

I actually might be joining in on a game as a player for the first time in years soon. It's just a one day Lair Assault session at a game shop, but I'm hoping it will be fun. It's meant for level 16 characters so I had to build one on DnD Beyond. The results were pretty awesome, hopefully it's approved.
    Originally the plan for *Sh*tty Bob* for involved us just knocking out a random Kobold and questioning him and later we were going to release him after we left the lair (we'd slaughtered all his mates, so we figured he'd either just run or attack us and that would be it.) But while we were adventuring he escaped his binds, fell into the latrine, and vowed revenge.

So, our DM has him conveniently escape (like Goldaar in Power Rangers) and return with better stats and more guys periodically along with a monologue explaining his exploits in the intervening timeframe and why he's, "now prepared to finally destroy us!"

It's been a pretty fun mechanic that he sort of made up on the fly and help keep us immersed in the game since we have a villain that is levelling up in direct opposition to us. Plus someday we'll have to have a final reckoning with Sh*tty Bob.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

That's absolutely the beauty of creating NPCs, and enemies. They start out with the most bare, minimal purposes but through engagement by the players can become interesting/entertaining characters. The friendly NPC you harm could come back as an enemy, the enemy you spare can become a good friend, and everything in between is possible.

In one of my campaigns, the players almost completely ignored their direct superior because they ended up being enchanted by his direct superior. That was largely due to the fact that I just made up a suit-wearing centaur on the spot.

Baldur's Gate 3 announced!

Of course, D&D comic writer Jim Zub is excited... and taking the opportunity to plug his comics.
    https://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/18542...e-3-no-release
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

And there's more! Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, and Neverwinter Nights are being ported to the Nintendo Switch!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman