Mighty Member

Default Xavier's School vs the Mahora Acadamy

(nods)

Okay let us pit the 616 <rummage, rummage, aha> Xavier Institute for Mutant Education and Outreach against the various faculty, staff, security, and students at the Mahora Gauken from Mahou Sensei Negima!

Who takes this?

Does the Mahora crowd at least last longer than those poor brits out of Hogwarts?

I only made it a bit of the way through Negima, but I hear Negi gets some fairly serious Mach speed later on. He should be able to blitz most of the X-Men, am option that Hogwarts didn’t have. EDIT: Though the X-Men do have their own speedsters don’t they? Not sure if they hit hard enough for a fairly respectable Shonen protagonist. Ehhhh....

Someone who knows more could probably say.
    Last edited by Harbinger19; 01-19-2019 at 10:53 PM.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post
    I only made it a bit of the way through Negima, but I hear Negi gets some fairly serious Mach speed later on. He should be able to blitz most of the X-Men, am option that Hogwarts didn’t have. EDIT: Though the X-Men do have their own speedsters don’t they? Not sure if they hit hard enough for a fairly respectable Shonen protagonist. Ehhhh....

Someone who knows more could probably say.
    Well they have Kid Gladiator. He’d hit hard enough, presumably...?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

There is a LOT of power-house Magic Mahora could throw around, but again massive mind control is REALLY hard to beat if you don't have the feats.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Well they have Kid Gladiator. He’d hit hard enough, presumably...?
    That's it, Kid Gladiator is trivially faster than Quicksilver, and he's got the rest of the Strontian start up pack to boot. He lacks dear old dad's feats, and Strontians seem to maybe kinda sorta have a somewhat bigger power range than, say, Kryptonians, but he doesn't need that here. He's got feats for some decent level of invulnerability and some pretty awesome super strength, plus what should at least be multiple thousands of mach super speed (he's shown casually backpedaling faster than Quicksilver's full on combat running speed, and modern QS is in that range). That isn't going to let him beat mid-to-late series DB guys, but should be enough against this crew IIRC.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    That's it, Kid Gladiator is trivially faster than Quicksilver, and he's got the rest of the Strontian start up pack to boot. He lacks dear old dad's feats, and Strontians seem to maybe kinda sorta have a somewhat bigger power range than, say, Kryptonians, but he doesn't need that here. He's got feats for some decent level of invulnerability and some pretty awesome super strength, plus what should at least be multiple thousands of mach super speed (he's shown casually backpedaling faster than Quicksilver's full on combat running speed, and modern QS is in that range). That isn't going to let him beat mid-to-late series DB guys, but should be enough against this crew IIRC.
    He wasnt backpedaling, but he was absolutely in the guys ballpark. He was flying straight alongside of QS like "You the fast guy? yawn"

I dont know how the fight ended, but ive also seen a scan of him punching Rulk in the face floating around.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

So Kid Gladiator probably means that the Xavier school takes it, unless somebody can catch him in an illusion or something.

But without him it might be a giant speed blitz in the other direction. Super speed is way more common for the Negima crowd, and in addition to that their speedy people are also super strong, way tougher than average human beings and have all kinds of magical attacks.

Negi and Evangeline in particular would be difficult since they are immortals with regen on a level were they're reform massive wounds almost instantly.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 01-21-2019 at 01:41 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Here are a few battles from the mid point of Negima. Bullet timing was a trivial achievement by most of these characters well before this point in the series.

Negi's crew vs. Fate's crew

Negi vs. Kotaro

Negi vs. Kagetaro

Negi vs. Evangeline *this has a caveat of being in Negi's inner world but it's still accurate to both of their abilities, with the real Evangeline being noted as being even stronger

Later on Negi gets a power up ability that completely breaks the power curve of the series to such a degree that writer randomly had to give other characters speed upgrades just too keep up with Negi.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 01-21-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    He wasnt backpedaling, but he was absolutely in the guys ballpark. He was flying straight alongside of QS like "You the fast guy? yawn"

I dont know how the fight ended, but ive also seen a scan of him punching Rulk in the face floating around.
    I think that the Rulk scene was from a different comic, because ISTR that, after casually eyeblasting QS, Kid Gladiator ended up getting taken down by Wolverine, who apparently knows Strontian pressure points. I think that was also the fight where Captain America thought that it was good idea to try and fight Rachel Grey by throwing his shield at her and getting it telekinetically shoved back into his gut at high speed, so I'm not sure where to put it on the scale of PIS/SMvFL.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Yeah, the Mahora utterly destroys anyone who has conventional human reaction times, durability south of "really high," and anyone who can't resist being frozen at Absolute Zero.

I don't know who's in the X-Men these days but Kid Gladiator sounds like he fits the bill.

Wow Kid Gladiator is still in that school? I haven't kept up with x-comics in a while (the o5 went back their time finally?) and thought he'd be gone by now. I legit thought after his dad got beat up by the Phoenix 5 he'd been taken home.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Just to be very clear on the speed thing, Negi at his fastest is clocked in text as moving 150 km/s in his lightning form. He's a very fast dude.

Evangeline is just as fast because ancient vampire.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Just to be very clear on the speed thing, Negi at his fastest is clocked in text as moving 150 km/s in his lightning form. He's a very fast dude.

Evangeline is just as fast because ancient vampire.
    I just remembered that Fate started working at Mahora as a substitute teacher as well, and he matched well against Negi's lightning form too, because their fight needed to be cool.

And Fate has really dangerous petrification magic.