Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    This actually looks really cool. Art and story look on point.

Is it just me, or does that art seem to have a bit of a Kelley Jones look to it?

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Is it just me, or does that art seem to have a bit of a Kelley Jones look to it?
    I was thinking the same thing. A very Kelly Jones/90's era look. Perfect for the Spectre and Batman as well.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Kyle Hotz has been doing that kind of stuff since the 90s. He's done a lot of Marvel and indy stuff, but I am not sure how much previous work he has with DC. He started in comics in '92 and his first big 2 work was Doctor Strange Annual 4 in '94, and while his style has evolved over the years, it has had the same basic vibe and look all that time.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Spectre in Doomsday Clock #10 (July 2019):

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Always loved the Spectre and Hotz draws him very well. Hoping these two issues aren't the last time we'll see The Spectre under his pencils.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Kyle Hotz has been doing that kind of stuff since the 90s. He's done a lot of Marvel and indy stuff, but I am not sure how much previous work he has with DC. He started in comics in '92 and his first big 2 work was Doctor Strange Annual 4 in '94, and while his style has evolved over the years, it has had the same basic vibe and look all that time.

-M
    Based on the picture and comments, Hotz looks like a good artist for a Spectre series, however DC sees fit to do that. I'd assume DC has faith in him, putting him on Detective, a noticeably higher profile book.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Based on the picture and comments, Hotz looks like a good artist for a Spectre series, however DC sees fit to do that. I'd assume DC has faith in him, putting him on Detective, a noticeably higher profile book.
    Is Hotz becoming a regular penciller on that title, or is he just doing the issues with Spectre?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Is Hotz becoming a regular penciller on that title, or is he just doing the issues with Spectre?
    I think he's just doing pencils for the Spectre stuff. There was a rumor a while back about Tomasi doing a Spectre book, so it's possible these two issues were from that and repurposed into a two-parter in 'Tec once that got canned. Or it's a stealth pilot for the book. Who knows? I'm just glad The Spectre is in a higher profile DC book.

No idea. But even a fill-in story is worth something.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Spectre appeared in Wonder Woman #241 (March 1978):

I have a couple questions:

When did Corrigan's body get resurrected?

When did the idea of the Spectre as a pre-existing entity that wasn't Jim come into play?

I only just found out he started as a ghost, and that's somewhat interesting to me. I've only seen the spirit of vengeance version, which I do not like at all, and so never sought to read any more with the character.

Astonishing Member

My favorite Spectre moment was the Ostrander run at the trial of the woman who burned her children in a van. Spec materialized and brought back her children as burning skeletons to immolate her. Then he was interviewed on CNN, IIRC. Epitomized the vengeance aspect. I was looking forward to Spec on the cancelled Constantine show. I hope he could make an appearance in the Arrowverse. Corrigan could manifest there.