Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Good lord 5 titles in the top 10, somebody please nerf the Bats

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Fantastic Four and Spider-Man outselling X-Men like it's the 1960s.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Good lord 5 titles in the top 10, somebody please nerf the Bats
    I was looking at old charts from Jan 1995 when the original AOA launched, X-Men had 9 out of the top 10.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

Last edited by Crimz; 01-20-2019 at 10:17 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I think Inceman is only a mini anyhow, so the super low sales are no biggie. I hope this shows they didn't need to revive that series anyone when series with MUCH better numbers didn't get the same.
    Other series that sold better in the DM didn't do extraordinarily well in trade. JDW and Grace both confirmed that's why Iceman got a third volume and a one-shot.

Mr. & Mrs. X doesn't seem to be taking off. I guess many weren't interested in seeing Rogue x Gambit again. So I can see it being a maxi series and running about as long as GenX did. But I don't think it's gonna last as long as the ResurrXion titles did with 20+ chapters. .
    No ResurrXion solos (Jean, Iceman and 3 times relaunched Cable) had 20+ chapters. They were all around 12 issues.

Yeah, comparing it to Gold and Blue (which lasted 36 issues) is like comparing apples and oranges. Of course the solos will sell less. Even Wolverine isn't an exception to that rule.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, comparing it to Gold and Blue (which lasted 36 issues) is like comparing apples and oranges. Of course the solos will sell less. Even Wolverine isn't an exception to that rule.
    And Wolverine's solos still last longer than most all of the team books we get now. Old Man Logan isn't even our Wolverine, and his solo is 45 chapters. If not more, I stopped keeping up. So RG won't join the pathion of solos that warrant too long a run as I have heard some fans saying. Some were thinking it'd get to a really high number, whereas others noted it probably won't go passed 12. But then again, I suppose it was better to have this solo so the couple could get focus, but fans who didn't enjoy them can still read the separate team books that aren't throwing it in their face.

Darn, but so disinterested lately, I forgot to check Young's DP. It 's in a good spot, but can't recall where Duggan's was at the same issue. I am hoping sales are dropping so DP can get away from him. Young is not much better than Way or Bendis.

Lord, is it too much to ask Bunn get at least one of my characters. He actually does them all right. Still annoying his Uncanny had decent sales, and was cancelled. Yet we're getting another go around with Iceman of all things. Or Weapon X of all things lasting 27 issues. I guess the digitals made Marvel rich last time.

Still waiting patiently for a book I can enjoy. I only had one since ResurrrXion.

BANNED

They didn't the month before. Also...

VERY glad the F4 relaunch has been eXtremely successful tho, that they're gettin' the attention they deserve, and back to the prominent position where they belong.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I was looking at old charts from Jan 1995 when the original AOA launched, X-Men had 9 out of the top 10.

Y'all need to stop livin' in the past, your seeming obsession with it isn't healthy.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post

Y'all need to stop livin' in the past, your seeming obsession with it isn't healthy. :p
    For some, the past is all we have. The current day has nothing good. And given the announcement so far, the future isn't looking brought either.

But then again, maybe things will get better in June or July. Like theorized
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 01-20-2019 at 09:11 AM.

BANNED

... Yet we're getting another go around with Iceman of all things. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Other series that sold better in the DM didn't do extraordinarily well in trade. JDW and Grace both confirmed that's why Iceman got a third volume and a one-shot.
    Let it sink in, and be retained.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    -Wow, Batman is a monster. How does one character sell so much?
    -I expected X-force to be higher
    -Uncanny had relatively good sales, considering how bad it was
    -At least X-men the exterminated and Extermination weren't flops. I liked them

The problem is not RoguexGambit. They are probably the most popular and greatest X-couple at the moment but i don't think many people are interested in a book only for a couple, no matter what couple. I doubt any other x-couple could have done any better
    Years and years of DC giving him the best marketing out of their whole property and best writers/artist.

And people catch on him to him quickly then other heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    -Wow, Batman is a monster. How does one character sell so much?
    Continually good story telling.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

BANNED

For some, the past is all we have. ... But then again, maybe things will get better in June or July. Like theorized
    My sympathies, but YES, that's the spirit.