Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Years and years of DC giving him the best marketing out of their whole property and best writers/artist.
    Agreed. Apparently, the DC writers & artists are doing things Marvel isn't. Especially all the times when Marvel has used artists and / or colorists that were HORRIBLE, and people on twitter have given more detailed work.

Example, this was a fanart someone did.

And this artist was Hella better than the ones we got in Bunncanny. lol

And far as writing, I am not familiar with DC. But I am familiar with Marvel, and if a character isn't someone's pet, they won't be doing anything of note. So Scott, the Wolverines, and Kitty. lol And even they suffer depending on what fanfic the writer has. Kitty's stint has made her detestable.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 01-20-2019 at 09:39 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Continually good story telling.
    It's more than that, I think the direct market's remaining demographics have a lot to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    It's more than that, I think the direct market's remaining demographics have a lot to do with it.
    Property + Creator = Money
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    They didn't the month before. Also...

[CENTER]ComicBook.com, Marvel Reveals 'Fantastic Four' #5 Wedding Cover

The non-number 1s scored below FF 3 and 4. And UXM #1 did worse than FF #1.

I'm still reading both though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Property + Creator = $
    True enough, it can be a perfect union. Still think the first one's a bigger factor tho, ultimately.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The non-number 1s scored below FF 3 and 4. And UXM #1 did worse than FF #1.

I'm still reading both though.
    The F4 have been M.I.A. for a few years, and absence makes the 💙 grow fonder. Still, there's little to no argument that their new status quo has been better received, so far. Their current standing is well-earned.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    -Wow, Batman is a monster. How does one character sell so much?
    -I expected X-force to be higher
    -Uncanny had relatively good sales, considering how bad it was
    -At least X-men the exterminated and Extermination weren't flops. I liked them
    UNCANNY #1 through #10 just hasn't been UNCANNY X-MEN at heart. The three writers involved in the three-ring-circus that is Disassembled and Age of X-Man are all capable of excellent work, so I'm confident once Rosenberg takes over (and going by the previews for #11) the book will be seriously good again with some decent story-telling. In my opinion, an UNCANNY X-MEN that is even 50% a reflection of Claremont's magnum opus (as in intelligent, quality sci-fi writing, respect for characters, consistency, and continuity) will sell in the top 10 of Diamond's list.

The problem is not RoguexGambit. They are probably the most popular and greatest X-couple at the moment but i don't think many people are interested in a book only for a couple, no matter what couple. I doubt any other x-couple could have done any better
    I hate MR. AND MRS. X with every fiber of my being, but I think the book is being discriminated against in a back-handed way. Retailers aren't ordering because of the archaic direct market system. Most retailers are fanboys who don't care for the concept, but there might be a correlation to sales; i.e., people who frequent their stores aren't ordering MR. AND MRS. X. By "people" who do they mean? Most Romy fans are female in their 30s and 40s and even older by now. As an older female X-Men fan I can tell you, I do NOT go into comic shops any more. Comic shops are still not hospitable environments for female fans. The Diamond List is not tracking the digital orders, and may not be tracking the orders of physical books from online stores. Personally I wish the sales were even lower than 18,000, but I suspect they are actually higher but not being reflected in popular best-seller lists.

BANNED

also Rogue fans might feel shafted that she was leading an Avengers team, respected in the greater Marvel univesre, and now shes just doing cutsie marriage shenanigans

Mr and Mrs X and X23 are currently the X-Line's best ongoings.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Batman is the ultimate power fantasy: rich white man who is super-smart and can beat anyone up, even Superman!
    Agreed. But you forgot to add edgy. People love the edginess.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    UNCANNY #1 through #10 just hasn't been UNCANNY X-MEN at heart. The three writers involved in the three-ring-circus that is Disassembled and Age of X-Man are all capable of excellent work, so I'm confident once Rosenberg takes over (and going by the previews for #11) the book will be seriously good again with some decent story-telling. In my opinion, an UNCANNY X-MEN that is even 50% a reflection of Claremont's magnum opus (as in intelligent, quality sci-fi writing, respect for characters, consistency, and continuity) will sell in the top 10 of Diamond's list.

I hate MR. AND MRS. X with every fiber of my being, but I think the book is being discriminated against in a back-handed way. Retailers aren't ordering because of the archaic direct market system. Most retailers are fanboys who don't care for the concept, but there might be a correlation to sales; i.e., people who frequent their stores aren't ordering MR. AND MRS. X. By "people" who do they mean? Most Romy fans are female in their 30s and 40s and even older by now. As an older female X-Men fan I can tell you, I do NOT go into comic shops any more. Comic shops are still not hospitable environments for female fans. The Diamond List is not tracking the digital orders, and may not be tracking the orders of physical books from online stores. Personally I wish the sales were even lower than 18,000, but I suspect they are actually higher but not being reflected in popular best-seller lists.
    Lol, I am a Romy fan. I am male, 27.
    Please show me your Romy fans age research.

Haters are only making lovers stronger
    Last edited by Purplevit; 01-20-2019 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    also Rogue fans might feel shafted that she was leading an Avengers team, respected in the greater Marvel univesre, and now shes just doing cutsie marriage shenanigans
    Yeah, well, compared to the other two Avengers leaders of that era, Rogue's making out like a goddamn bandit. And making out literally. So lucky, smh...
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    As a Rogue fan, I already felt shafted when they made Kitty the overall leader of the X-Men during ResurXion. Girl was doing great work with the Avengers and had actually been working for mutantkind for years and it would have been the perfect pay-off.

But she got saved from THE GUGGS, so I was glad at the end. And Mr. and Mrs. X is great. I'm actually happy that, after everything, Rogue actually got a break and a, until now, happy marriage. I'm a sucker for this stuff, sadly or not.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Eh, not much to comment on aside from X-Force's decent launch and the UXM orders dropping at pretty much the rate one would expect.

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Some of the issues beat Avengers. That is a win, right?

Fantastic Four beating Justice League is impressive.
    Avengers is losing readers. The Wakanda Avengers must be turning readers off.
    West Coast Avengers is now below 20,000. The book will be cancelled at around issue #10-12.