Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    An Iron Fist version of Marvel Team-Up would be totally awesome.
    If this ever were to happen, a reunion from Marvel Team-Up Annual #4 would definitely be my choice:
    I'm looking at the Marvel Knights!!!
    As for Marvel Team-Up, all for it!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Despite the lack of a proper Iron Fist comic, today was a great day for IF fans!

First, we has Contagion #3 -- and let me say, Brisson really wowed me with this one, to the point that I was asking myself if he was now my favorite IF writer!

Why, you ask?

The cast, friends! The cast! I was happy enough knowing Pei was set to appear, but then...! Well, let's just say Brisson obviously read Walker's excellent PM&IF series!!!

So damn good.

(And gross. The fungus growing out of the girl had me gagging.)

The bonus: a great showing from Fat Cobra is Agents of Wakanda #2, up against the might of a mad Sentry! And our Fat friend does not disappoint in the least!

-Pav, who loved seeing a certain Spider show up...
    Yes, Contagion #3 was great. Every issue has been better than the last. And the shout out to Walker's PM & IF series was awesome and unexpected. Being a fan of Brisson's IF run, I had a feeling he wouldn't let me down with this street level saga but he's managed to surpass my expectations!

In trying to come up with a team for Danny, I decided to lean into a "pulp" kinda feel. So...

Iron Fist - kung Fu hero
    Tigra - sort of a were-thing
    Morbius - sort of a vampire
    Cloak - runaway
    Dagger - runaway
    Deathlok - robot
    Sleepwalker - alien

-Pav, who imagines Pei, the son of Dragon Lord, and other kids hanging around too...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

In trying to come up with a team for Danny, I decided to lean into a "pulp" kinda feel. So...

Iron Fist - kung Fu hero
    Tigra - sort of a were-thing
    Morbius - sort of a vampire
    Cloak - runaway
    Dagger - runaway
    Deathlok - robot
    Sleepwalker - alien

-Pav, who imagines Pei, the son of Dragon Lord, and other kids hanging around too...
    Ha, reminds me of Orson Randall's old team back in the Iron Fist one-shots. Could work!

In any case, just wanted to give some quick thoughts on the latest Iron Fist appearances this week:

- Some cool moments in Lethal Protectors #3. While the set up for the old Maximum Carnage crew was a little weak, just seeing them together going through a horde of Carnage soldiers under the streets of NYC was awesome! Danny had some nice quips and that awesome punch.

- Contagion #4 was neat as well. We're getting that sense of desperation and fear now, especially amongst those who are remaining. A bunch of C-list street level heroes and a D-list villain are all that remain to stop this thing? That's pretty cool. Their plan to stop this disease harkened back to past continuity as well. Moon Knight's plan sounds oddly familiar to how he stopped some deadly disease in his previous series. Again, Brisson calls back to the recent past.

So, Danny is still around. The appearances are scant but still noteworthy.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Lethal Protectors #3 was great -- we finally got to see Danny and his team fully in action! Really enjoyed the dynamics of the team, although I can't say much about Frank Tieri's dialogue.

Contagion continued to be great. It's so fun seeing Sparrow and the mythos of K'un Lun front and center like this. I wish we got more Pei, but beggars can't be choosers!

Loved seeing -- I think in LP? -- the Kaare Andrews-style of seeing Danny's bones when he channels his chi in his fist. Personally, I find that to be an awesome visual and I'd like to see it become pretty standard.

-Pav, who wonders about John Jameson continuity btwn Absolute Carnage and AoW...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.

--------------------

Hooray for Pei!!!!!

-Pav, who enjoyed the conclusion to Contagion...

--------------------

Hooray for Pei!!!!!

-Pav, who enjoyed the conclusion to Contagion...
    Pei had a good moment. Still, I felt...disapointed with the finish of the series. It didn't seem that creative or impressive. Also, not much if any Danny at the end :/ . I'll try and read it again to get the full story.
    "I am a man of peace."

BANNED

Marvel Premiere #18 Oct 1974
    "Lair of Shattered Vengeance!"
    Iron Fist fights his way through Triple-Iron to get to Harold Meachum,

only to find that the man who killed his parents has lost both of his legs

and lived in terror for the last decade waiting for the inevitable confrontation with Daniel Rand;
    Unable to kill Meachum in vengeance,

Iron Fist is leaving him to his fate when a mysterious ninja shows up and skewers Meachum with a sword;
    Meachum's daughter, Joy, walks in and believes that Iron Fist has killed her father.

Script by Doug Moench, pencils by Larry Hama, inks by Dick Giordano

Iron Fist rumors-

He joins Shang-chi in a cameo (probably better for Shang-chi 2).

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...ranchise.html/

Iron Fist is gonna rebooted for Disney+
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/wegotth...-new-cast/amp/

I'm not sure they should go back to his origin but I hope they do it better than last time.

This video explained why it didn't work last time.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Iron Fist rumors-

He joins Shang-chi in a cameo (probably better for Shang-chi 2).

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...ranchise.html/

Iron Fist is gonna rebooted for Disney+
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/wegotth...-new-cast/amp/

I'm not sure they should go back to his origin but I hope they do it better than last time.

This video explained why it didn't work last time.

Everyone knows my stance on the series, I found something to like in both seasons. A reboot, though, could work. Maybe this time around, we'll get to see Danny realize the potential we've all known he's capable of having.

After all the debate and discussion, the producers might put an Asian-American in the role this time. Again, everyone knows my stance on this. Completely open to this. And I think this time around a lot more people would be open to it as well.

Whatever happens, just hope that Danny Rand in whatever form gets to make that positive mark on the MCU.
    "I am a man of peace."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Pei had a good moment. Still, I felt...disapointed with the finish of the series. It didn't seem that creative or impressive. Also, not much if any Danny at the end :/ . I'll try and read it again to get the full story.
    Yeah, the conclusion of Contagion didn't do much for me. It was a series that got better with every issue...until the last one, which seemed a tad flat to me.

Still, I'm glad I stuck with it and overall it was great to see some of my street level favorites get some love. He doesn't get a lot of fanfare but Brisson is one of Marvel's most reliable writers. Hope he gets another opportunity to write IF again in the future.

If they brought Iron Fist back, I'd rather they just recast and make sure they have a top-notch martial arts team in place to handle the fights. There's no need to reboot the whole thing,imo unless they have an idea that just wouldn't work with the established continuity. I also want to see a continuation of Colleen's story using her Chi-sword.

Went to a local con this weekend and probably spent more than I should have. But prices were fairly low and there was so many excellent Iron Fist collections to buy!

I bought the final two trades in Walker's PM&IF series (so I've got that completed), the Phantom Limb trade, the complete collection of Abnett & Lanning's Heroes/Villains for Hire series, the second trade in Bendis' Defenders series (so I've completed that short run), AND the Deadly Hands of Kung-Fu trade, which reprints only the IF stories from that old series.

-Pav, who also bought the first Usagi Yojimbo omnibus...

--------------------

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    If they brought Iron Fist back, I'd rather they just recast and make sure they have a top-notch martial arts team in place to handle the fights. There's no need to reboot the whole thing,imo unless they have an idea that just wouldn't work with the established continuity. I also want to see a continuation of Colleen's story using her Chi-sword.
    They can keep Colleen and toss everything else.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8