Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Marvel Premiere #17 Sep 1974
    "Citadel on the Edge of Vengeance"
    After learning that Harold Meachum has put a bounty on Iron Fist's head, Daniel decides to take the fight to Meachum.
    However, this proves to be a challenge as Meachum having had 10 years to prepare for Iron Fist's arrival

has rigged his office building with a number of traps,

all of which Iron Fist manages to fight through.

The last trap however is deactivated by a mysterious Ninja who briefly helps Iron Fist.

Breaking through a door into the final room of the Meachum building, Iron Fist comes face to face with
    a man named Triple-Iron, who has been trapped in that room for 10 years and has vowed to kill Iron Fist.

Script by Doug Moench, pencils by Larry Hama, inks by Dick Giordano

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Marvel Premiere #17 Sep 1974
    "Citadel on the Edge of Vengeance"
    After learning that Harold Meachum has put a bounty on Iron Fist's head, Daniel decides to take the fight to Meachum.
    However, this proves to be a challenge as Meachum having had 10 years to prepare for Iron Fist's arrival

has rigged his office building with a number of traps,

all of which Iron Fist manages to fight through.

The last trap however is deactivated by a mysterious Ninja who briefly helps Iron Fist.

Breaking through a door into the final room of the Meachum building, Iron Fist comes face to face with
    a man named Triple-Iron, who has been trapped in that room for 10 years and has vowed to kill Iron Fist.

Script by Doug Moench, pencils by Larry Hama, inks by Dick Giordano
    Wow! What a great creative team. I've been desperately wanting to see more artwork from Larry Hama, and you totally delivered. But this time with the added bonus of inks from Dick Giordano. Thanks, 616MarvelYear is LeapYear.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 10-05-2019 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

Hey all. Just wondering if anyone has been keeping up with Danny's latest appearances. Indeed, he has been showing up in a number of different mini-series lately, such as Absolute Carnage: Lethal Protectors and The Contagion weekly. As for the former, eh, could be better. Danny only shows up in the second issue of the series with Misty playing a prominent role in the first. His appearance is a little slapdash, meaning that he appears very suddenly. Same thing with his allies who are basically the old crew from the Maximum Carnage crossover. It's fun to see everyone again (and Danny has a pretty cool display of the iron fist). But they just appear with basically little reason. A fun read nonetheless.

Contagion is the stronger series. Feels great to see Brisson write street level with horror mixed in. Yeah, it's an ensemble cast, but the K'un Lun mythos (and it certainly delves into the *ahem* roots of the K'un Lun mythos) are on display. Seeing Danny, Sparrow, Luke, Thing, and a couple of other guest stars fight this disease is intriguing. What happens when the smartest characters are out of the picture? What happens when the punchers like Danny and the Thing are the only ones left? I'm liking this.

So yeah, still lots of Iron Fist stuff out there folks. Check them out!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hey all. Just wondering if anyone has been keeping up with Danny's latest appearances. Indeed, he has been showing up in a number of different mini-series lately, such as Absolute Carnage: Lethal Protectors and The Contagion weekly. As for the former, eh, could be better. Danny only shows up in the second issue of the series with Misty playing a prominent role in the first. His appearance is a little slapdash, meaning that he appears very suddenly. Same thing with his allies who are basically the old crew from the Maximum Carnage crossover. It's fun to see everyone again (and Danny has a pretty cool display of the iron fist). But they just appear with basically little reason. A fun read nonetheless.

Contagion is the stronger series. Feels great to see Brisson write street level with horror mixed in. Yeah, it's an ensemble cast, but the K'un Lun mythos (and it certainly delves into the *ahem* roots of the K'un Lun mythos) are on display. Seeing Danny, Sparrow, Luke, Thing, and a couple of other guest stars fight this disease is intriguing. What happens when the smartest characters are out of the picture? What happens when the punchers like Danny and the Thing are the only ones left? I'm liking this.

So yeah, still lots of Iron Fist stuff out there folks. Check them out!
    Been reading Lethal Protectors and loved his entrance in the second issue. Looks like he is taking the lead in the third issue.

Been on the fence about Contagion, but may have to pick it up! I loved Brisson’s run!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Count me as another following the adventures of Danny and his friends in both Lethal Protectors and Contagion.

Honestly, I've been a little disappointed with Lethal Protectors, as the covers continue to indicate a focus on Danny leading a team of Cloak & Dagger, Morbius, and others -- yet we mostly just get Misty Knight and John Jameson, like a LOT. So that's been kind of a bummer.

Contagion also made us wait until the final pages of the first issue for Danny's appearance, but the second issue was much better -- and as you pointed out, Tien, it's nice that the mythos of K'un Lun are being utilized by Brisson. So even though this isn't a straight-up Iron Fist comic, it definitely feels like one by the second issue. Oh! And wouldn't you know it, but once again Danny gets to team-up with Cloak & Dagger -- and I gotta say: while I never really thought about it before, I do like the idea of them finding a home in Iron Fist's world, which, at its best, mixes street level and the supernatural, which is C&D's wheelhouse for sure.

-Pav, who can't wait for Pei...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Count me as another following the adventures of Danny and his friends in both Lethal Protectors and Contagion.

Honestly, I've been a little disappointed with Lethal Protectors, as the covers continue to indicate a focus on Danny leading a team of Cloak & Dagger, Morbius, and others -- yet we mostly just get Misty Knight and John Jameson, like a LOT. So that's been kind of a bummer.
    Precisely. I was totally hyped for that first issue, especially with Danny, Cloak, and Dagger on the cover. Totally miffed by the false advertising!

Contagion also made us wait until the final pages of the first issue for Danny's appearance, but the second issue was much better -- and as you pointed out, Tien, it's nice that the mythos of K'un Lun are being utilized by Brisson. So even though this isn't a straight-up Iron Fist comic, it definitely feels like one by the second issue. Oh! And wouldn't you know it, but once again Danny gets to team-up with Cloak & Dagger -- and I gotta say: while I never really thought about it before, I do like the idea of them finding a home in Iron Fist's world, which, at its best, mixes street level and the supernatural, which is C&D's wheelhouse for sure.

-Pav, who can't wait for Pei...
    Thanks for pointing that out Pav! Yeah, Cloak and Dagger would be great additions to the Iron Fist/Heroes for Hire world. As a huge fan of the old Marvel Knights series, seeing Cloak, Dagger, Luke and Dr. Strange together was a real treat. As for this whole Cloak, Dagger, and Iron Fist thing, for me, the striking characteristic would be the visuals. Cloak's dark colors, Dagger's bright white, and Danny's chi yellow are visually striking. There's some connection with Danny's world and theirs, there's got to be. In any case, fun to see them involved.

As an aside, seems as though Danny is going back to the big collar and yellow slippers. Eh, the green tracksuit was growing on me. Also, not always a fan of the classic Iron Fist look. I think now's the time for Danny to have a new costume.
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Precisely. I was totally hyped for that first issue, especially with Danny, Cloak, and Dagger on the cover. Totally miffed by the false advertising!

Thanks for pointing that out Pav! Yeah, Cloak and Dagger would be great additions to the Iron Fist/Heroes for Hire world. As a huge fan of the old Marvel Knights series, seeing Cloak, Dagger, Luke and Dr. Strange together was a real treat. As for this whole Cloak, Dagger, and Iron Fist thing, for me, the striking characteristic would be the visuals. Cloak's dark colors, Dagger's bright white, and Danny's chi yellow are visually striking. There's some connection with Danny's world and theirs, there's got to be. In any case, fun to see them involved.

As an aside, seems as though Danny is going back to the big collar and yellow slippers. Eh, the green tracksuit was growing on me. Also, not always a fan of the classic Iron Fist look. I think now's the time for Danny to have a new costume.
    It can't be helped, but I guess I'm a traditionalist all the way. I've always liked the classic Iron Fist outfit, and I never want it to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    It can't be helped, but I guess I'm a traditionalist all the way. I've always liked the classic Iron Fist outfit, and I never want it to go away.
    Ditto. It needs the right artist to make it work, though - Kane,Byrne, Gammill… those guys knew how to draw it.

I don't like the black with yellow piping tracksuit; I do like the 90's Heroes for Hire versions from Paschalis Ferry too, though; I thought they worked very well, just a pity no one else has used them.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Ditto. It needs the right artist to make it work, though - Kane,Byrne, Gammill… those guys knew how to draw it.

I don't like the black with yellow piping tracksuit; I do like the 90's Heroes for Hire versions from Paschalis Ferry too, though; I thought they worked very well, just a pity no one else has used them.
    You're telling me bro. Now, here's a design where I can accept the yellow fins:

They're not too distracting here.
    "I am a man of peace."

Just the random Iron Fist thought for the day:

Y'know, for as much flak as Kaare Andrews' Iron Fist series got, there was some pretty awesome art there. Really struck at this sequence:
    "I am a man of peace."

Despite the lack of a proper Iron Fist comic, today was a great day for IF fans!

First, we has Contagion #3 -- and let me say, Brisson really wowed me with this one, to the point that I was asking myself if he was now my favorite IF writer!

Why, you ask?

The cast, friends! The cast! I was happy enough knowing Pei was set to appear, but then...! Well, let's just say Brisson obviously read Walker's excellent PM&IF series!!!

So damn good.

(And gross. The fungus growing out of the girl had me gagging.)

The bonus: a great showing from Fat Cobra is Agents of Wakanda #2, up against the might of a mad Sentry! And our Fat friend does not disappoint in the least!

-Pav, who loved seeing a certain Spider show up...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.

--------------------

Despite the lack of a proper Iron Fist comic, today was a great day for IF fans!

First, we has Contagion #3 -- and let me say, Brisson really wowed me with this one, to the point that I was asking myself if he was now my favorite IF writer!

Why, you ask?

The cast, friends! The cast! I was happy enough knowing Pei was set to appear, but then...! Well, let's just say Brisson obviously read Walker's excellent PM&IF series!!!

So damn good.

(And gross. The fungus growing out of the girl had me gagging.)

The bonus: a great showing from Fat Cobra is Agents of Wakanda #2, up against the might of a mad Sentry! And our Fat friend does not disappoint in the least!

-Pav, who loved seeing a certain Spider show up...
    Ha, just read this issue as well! And yeah, totally noticed Brisson's shout out to Walker's PM and IF series. Indeed, the appearance of that character it so well with the appearance back in Walker's series. Again, the cast of characters, it's street level meets Avengers and I love it! It felt like reading elements of Shadowland, Mighty Avengers, Heroes for Hire, Defenders, and Marvel Knights all in one!

Still, while I appreciated that Pei showed up, I think she could have had a stronger showing. Maybe some more lines. . But it was a great showing nonetheless. Loved the idea that Pei has becoming somewhat of a surrogate friend/babysitter for Dani.

Contagion is becoming that hidden gem title. Can't see what happens next week!
    "I am a man of peace."

Mighty Member

Danny, you just can't leave your baby in charge of Luke's baby.

Even if your baby can beat an entire gang by herself.

We all know Danny is, traditionally, a member of the Heroes for Hire -- plus, he's had stints in the Avengers and Defenders.

But lately he's often been part of a team that haven't really lasted beyond their initial showing: I'm thinking of Damnation and assuming the same for Lethal Protectors and Contagion, respectively.

However, these quick team-ups have illustrated to me how fun Iron Fist is to pair up with other characters: he tends to play off others very well, no matter how strange they may be. And so, I ask you: if Marvel decided to create a monthly team book that featured Danny in a new(ish) team, who else would you want the book to feature?

-Pav, who will give it some further thought himself...

--------------------

We all know Danny is, traditionally, a member of the Heroes for Hire -- plus, he's had stints in the Avengers and Defenders.

But lately he's often been part of a team that haven't really lasted beyond their initial showing: I'm thinking of Damnation and assuming the same for Lethal Protectors and Contagion, respectively.

However, these quick team-ups have illustrated to me how fun Iron Fist is to pair up with other characters: he tends to play off others very well, no matter how strange they may be. And so, I ask you: if Marvel decided to create a monthly team book that featured Danny in a new(ish) team, who else would you want the book to feature?

-Pav, who will give it some further thought himself...
    An Iron Fist version of Marvel Team-Up would be totally awesome. If this ever were to happen, a reunion from Marvel Team-Up Annual #4 would definitely be my choice:
    Last edited by K7P5V; 10-20-2019 at 05:12 AM.