Default Doomsday vs The Hulk

Both are pretty much just mindless rage and brute strength. So if they went head to head who would win?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Most recent versions should go to Doomsday, given the caliber of Superman he takes on.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Both are pretty much just mindless rage and brute strength. So if they went head to head who would win?
    There are many many versions of both characters. Which are you using?

Most recent of course being Rebirth Doomsday and Immortal Hulk.

One could argue that BFR is not really in Doomsdays toolkit due to some sort of CIS. As in, despite being capable of the maneuver, its not really a thing he would think to do given his presentation. Hulk should be smart enough to try that just fine and has the feats to take the beating required to potentially get it off. Maybe.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Most recent versions should go to Doomsday, given the caliber of Superman he takes on.
    Isn't the most recent Hulk like insanely OPd

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    He's in the "thrash class 100s" club yep. Healing factor is through the roof as well.

I think Pen is right in the sense that DD probably has an edge in raw physicality, but Hulk honestly should tough out a BFR strat.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I meaaan… an increasingly sizable number of people quickly beat up/easily overpower/straight up dismiss Thor these days.

edit: I grant not to the point that Thor is outright trash or it's that unimpressive, but still, I feel like a few more of these sorts of things regularly enough and we're going to get there. i.e. if Aaron has a few more years in him as Thor writer ;p
    Last edited by Pendaran; 01-20-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I meaaan… an increasingly sizable number of people quickly beat up/easily overpower/straight up dismiss Thor these days.
    There is that. *weeps openly*

Still. How do we treat BFR and semi-mindless characters like Doomsday? He's had moments of instinctual genius (like figuring out where the Watchtower is and that it has teleporters) in his various incarnations, but i really feel like space tossing is out of his MO.
    - big_adventure

He knows enough generally to resist it at least in all of his incarnations

If he understands it, it would be a bit of a leap to say he couldn't do it. So I suppose some of this is a bit who space tosses the other person first.

He knows enough generally to resist it at least in all of his incarnations
    Eh. I was more talking him performing the thing.

Even him resisting it is flimsy. In DOS, Clark spins him around and hucks him 60 miles horizontally opposed to vertically. In the same comic, Clark then lifts him high over the city flying him away before DD eventually shanks his way free, but it's not like he /didn't/ get dragged way over the city.

Even Rebirth DD was picked up and tossed across a couple of continents by Clark just fine instead of sending him vertically.

My God. Am I arguing against DD? What is happening!?
    - big_adventure

Are we talking about Rebirth Doomsday or New 52 Doomsday ?

After all, the latter hit harder and has is whole virus which can kill the world around it, and infest whoever is able to kill him to turn him into the new Doomsday.

I don't know if even the Immortal Hulk would have the healing factor to push the virus away, or the mind to not be corrupted and turned into a new Doomsday.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Are we talking about Rebirth Doomsday or New 52 Doomsday ?

After all, the latter hit harder and has is whole virus which can kill the world around it, and infest whoever is able to kill him to turn him into the new Doomsday.

I don't know if even the Immortal Hulk would have the healing factor to push the virus away, or the mind to not be corrupted and turned into a new Doomsday.
    Eh, even if he successfully contracts the STDoomsday, its not exactly instant. The thing took quite a while to properly mess with Clark iirc. And Rumbles end with a victory in the short term. We dont go into "Rumbles Hulk walks out the victor, heads off to his Rumbles home and days later comes down with a bad case of "doomsday is a sore loser"itus. :P
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Eh, even if he successfully contracts the STDoomsday, its not exactly instant. The thing took quite a while to properly mess with Clark iirc. And Rumbles end with a victory in the short term. We dont go into "Rumbles Hulk walks out the victor, heads off to his Rumbles home and days later comes down with a bad case of "doomsday is a sore loser"itus. :P
    Plus I'm not sure turning into Doomsday would be Hulk losing anyway. Kind of just feels like giving him a power up.

BANNED

perhaps pre fp doomsday could evolve a solar radiation emitter type defense which would end the battle quickly. also lol at "doomsday is a sore loser itus". should get added to the medical dictionary along with the "joker is phobic of a world where he isn't alive to spread chaos itis".