Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Wish Clint had a longer stint at being Ronin.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    My favorite Ronin moments were when he had the bow back or a buncha guns. They should've made him the bow and guns guy more.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I guess Thor knew who it was from...er, ah....his legs?
    His initial reaction was "Goliath!" so, er, yeah, that's what Thor was thinking.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    My favorite Ronin moments were when he had the bow back or a buncha guns. They should've made him the bow and guns guy more.
    Agree. Getting the bow back in the middle of Secret Invasion was badass.

John Buscema and Tom Palmer drew a great Goliath.
    C7fW2-ZU8AEtRBS.jpg

Archers often got overlooked for what they add.

I get what They were going for giving him more power but Avengers are not often lacking power.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Honetly I think half the reason they kept him as Ronin as long as they did was so they could have those bow moments in the story. It gave him these epic moments he never had when he carried a bow 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Archers often got overlooked for what they add.

I get what They were going for giving him more power but Avengers are not often lacking power.
    That's the funny thing. If both marvel and DC archers seem to have a funny knack being surprising effective against cosmic beings. Who saved the day in JLA/Avenger? Clint and a freaking dynamit arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I liked Clint in the Ronin costume (particularly since honestly I felt his classic costume looked kinda silly). Though I do think the Heroic Age was a perfect time for him to put aside the Ronin suit and return to his classic duds, I missed it. And I did like the idea of him using swords and ninja weapons... shame he didn't continue using them even after he started using the bow again. No harm in carrying a sword too.

THat said, I do think the idea of Ronin being a mystery character is kinda fun. Marvel should have kept that going. I think the last Ronin we got was Blade, which was kinda cool.

Invincible Member

Don't hold me to it, but I wanna say that they got some letters hating on Hawkeye, but Roy liked writing his personality so instead of removing him from the team that changed his power-set.

I prefer him as Hawkeye, but I like that he sometimes uses Pym Particles in his trick arrows. It's a nice callback to his time as Goliath and it always makes a cool visual.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I liked Clint in the Ronin costume (particularly since honestly I felt his classic costume looked kinda silly). Though I do think the Heroic Age was a perfect time for him to put aside the Ronin suit and return to his classic duds, I missed it. And I did like the idea of him using swords and ninja weapons... shame he didn't continue using them even after he started using the bow again. No harm in carrying a sword too.

THat said, I do think the idea of Ronin being a mystery character is kinda fun. Marvel should have kept that going. I think the last Ronin we got was Blade, which was kinda cool.
    Totally agree, and a brilliant idea. Each and every member of the Avengers take turns dressing up as Ronin. Readers then try to guess who is under the mask, while the team goes up against befuddled adversaries. Hilarity ensues.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 01-21-2019 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Made a correction.

BANNED

I wonder if Hawkeye got his marital abilities boosted to the point that he could have given a decent fight to echo and daredevil the previous and intended recipients of the mantle respectively. the dark reign list issue of avengers shows that he is certainly formidable but still it seems that he is a tad short of their league although it may be due to their sensory abilities giving them a undue advantage.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 01-21-2019 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

The Mystery character is fun but it should be long term, The design of Ronin is just to cool not use. They should find perement user I think Ronin and Yellow Jacket are just great design and should be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The Mystery character is fun but it should be long term, The design of Ronin is just to cool not use. They should find perement user I think Ronin and Yellow Jacket are just great design and should be used.
    Baron Zemo should try to join the Avengers as Ronin one day. He can at least use a sword well enough, and being a masked mystery man is something he's used to.