Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Another update: The sound mixer for Thor: Ragnarok has said Shang-Chi would begin shooting in Australia next year

At the 31 minute mark

BANNED

Master of Kung-Fu #18 Jun 1974
    Second issue of the series (numbering continues from Special Marvel Edition #16)
    "Attack!"
    Shang-Chi battles Satma, a dacoit (Si-Fan assassin), and gets caught in his silk noose.
    Before he blacks out, he remembers what led up to this confrontation:
    he disguised himself as a longshoreman, brazenly walked into Fu Manchu's New York headquarters, and went through an ordinary door.
    Coming back to himself, he dispatches Satma, hangs him by his heels, and leaves a note that reads, "First move ~ Shang-Chi."

Back on the street, he meets Sir Denis Nayland Smith and Black Jack Tarr.

Sir Denis wants to recruit him for the war against Fu Manchu and his evil empire. Shang-Chi agrees.
    Sir Denis tells him that Fu is smuggling something into Florida.
    Shang-Chi booking his own trip smuggles himself onto a plane to Florida and locates the inlet that Fu is using.
    A freighter arrives, with Fu and his pet marmoset Peko onboard.
    Shang-Chi sneaks aboard and finds oil drums in the cargo hold. Opening one, he is overcome by mimosa and has hallucinations.

When Shang-Chi regains consciousness, a crewman, Raskov, throws him into the courtyard. Fu generously explains his evil plan:
    the oil will go to an American oil magnate, who will sell it to American drivers,
    who will send clouds of mimosa into American skies, thus allowing Fu to hypnotize American minds.
    He gives Satma another chance to kill Shang-Chi, this time with an experimental potion that will triple his speed but kill him in nine minutes.
    His hands tied behind him, Shang-Chi can do little more than endure Satma's blows.
    Suddenly, though, the burning feeling inside becomes too much for Satma—
    he grabs a torch, sets himself on fire, and runs into the magazine of this old Confederate fort.
    In the confusion after the explosion, Shang-Chi takes another torch in his teeth, jumps off the cliff,

and drop-kicks the torch into the freighter's hold before he plunges into the ocean. Fu's men swear vengeance.

Script by Steve Englehart, pencils by Paul Gulacy, inks by Al Milgrom.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Another update: The sound mixer for Thor: Ragnarok has said Shang-Chi would begin shooting in Australia next year

At the 31 minute mark
    Cool. Gives Ludi time to get into Shang-Chi shape!

Posted this over in the Agents of Atlas thread, but here are some previews of the Shang-Chi/Sword Master storyline coming later this summer:

"I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Honestly, this just popped into my head a couple of minutes ago. The question is who could be the henchmen of Shang-Chi's father in the movie. Zaran, the Cat, and Razorfist are all great choices, but ultimately, I think this guy should take it:

That's right, Taskmaster. If Shang-Chi's father is going to have a henchmen, we gotta get the biggest, baddest, henchiest henchman who has ever henched! He's already well-known amongst the fans and even the more casual fans know him due to the video games and TV shows. He can mimic any fighting style he sees so he fits within Shang-Chi's orbit of martial arts. Because of this ability, he'd also prove to be an even match against Shang-Chi, far moreso than Zaran or Razorfist. Plus, he has yet to appear in an MCU film. Shang-Chi could be the perfect way for him to show up.

So yeah, Taskmaster, think you'd be a perfect addition to the Shang-Chi movie!
    "I am a man of peace."

Using Taskmaster is an inspired idea man. Seriously, its perfect.

But what about this? Use Taskmaster as the main villain in the first movie. Dude's got the grit to be a headlining villain and has an awesome visual. Through the film, build up the idea that Shang thinks something with his father is off and that Zhang maybe isn't what Shang has always believed. Then at the end of the movie, reveal that Tasky was working for Zhang the whole time, setting up the big father-son conflict for movie 2.

That could help avoid some of the problems we've talked about with how Chinese audiences view parental figures, and unlike most Marvel movies it wouldn't bring the archnemesis into the first film (as the bad guy, anyway), and it could help build hype for the sequel.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Taskmaster is looking to be more confirmed to be in Black Widow rather than Shang-Chi. I can see why he could be used in either film but I doubt he'll be in this movie. A sequel could make sense. I'd like to see him face different characters in the MCU so he can keep copying their styles.

I still advocate for using Cat as the main henchman if Zheng Zu is gonna be the villain. They could make him a lot more personal to Shang in the film. Like my idea about making him Zheng's secret son of sorts, but maybe him and Shang knew each other growing up and were friends, but some kind of accident or whatever happens and he "disappears".

In other news the Captain Marvel supervisor has apparently joined the film.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/06...in-marvel-mcu/

Sounds like Fin Fang Foom may be involved.
    https://twitter.com/_ChristopherM/st...64735956754432

Well that’s strange. You’d think they’d save FFF for a sequel or at least introduce him in something like a monsters unleashed movie.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Uh, who is he?

Is he someone with insider knowledge or something?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well that’s strange. You’d think they’d save FFF for a sequel or at least introduce him in something like a monsters unleashed movie.
    I'm betting its FFF in name only. He'll probably be some sort of mystcal dragon or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Using Taskmaster is an inspired idea man. Seriously, its perfect.

But what about this? Use Taskmaster as the main villain in the first movie. Dude's got the grit to be a headlining villain and has an awesome visual. Through the film, build up the idea that Shang thinks something with his father is off and that Zhang maybe isn't what Shang has always believed. Then at the end of the movie, reveal that Tasky was working for Zhang the whole time, setting up the big father-son conflict for movie 2.

That could help avoid some of the problems we've talked about with how Chinese audiences view parental figures, and unlike most Marvel movies it wouldn't bring the archnemesis into the first film (as the bad guy, anyway), and it could help build hype for the sequel.
    Could have worked bro. The idea sounds intriguing.

Taskmaster is looking to be more confirmed to be in Black Widow rather than Shang-Chi. I can see why he could be used in either film but I doubt he'll be in this movie. A sequel could make sense. I'd like to see him face different characters in the MCU so he can keep copying their styles.

I still advocate for using Cat as the main henchman if Zheng Zu is gonna be the villain. They could make him a lot more personal to Shang in the film. Like my idea about making him Zheng's secret son of sorts, but maybe him and Shang knew each other growing up and were friends, but some kind of accident or whatever happens and he "disappears".
    Yes, perhaps in the future, Taskmaster will make an appearance in the MCU. I could see how he fits better with the Black Widow though, so no problem. The Cat could work as a rival son to Shang. Any way to get the two to fight really, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm betting its FFF in name only. He'll probably be some sort of mystcal dragon or something.
    Fin Fang Foom....hmmmm...you gotta handle that delicately with a Shang-Chi film. FFF, while associated with the Mandarin (who might be Shang-Chi's father here), is still an Iron Man villain. Stark with his armor could handle a huge dragon, not Shang CHi with his Kung Fu. If he does make an appearance, maybe make hi smaller in size? Lessen his strength?
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Could have worked bro. The idea sounds intriguing.

Yes, perhaps in the future, Taskmaster will make an appearance in the MCU. I could see how he fits better with the Black Widow though, so no problem. The Cat could work as a rival son to Shang. Any way to get the two to fight really, that would be great.

Fin Fang Foom....hmmmm...you gotta handle that delicately with a Shang-Chi film. FFF, while associated with the Mandarin (who might be Shang-Chi's father here), is still an Iron Man villain. Stark with his armor could handle a huge dragon, not Shang CHi with his Kung Fu. If he does make an appearance, maybe make hi smaller in size? Lessen his strength?
    Or they could just make him a regular Chinese Dragon like Xpac suggested and not nerf him at all. Heck he could be either a neutral character or just outright benevolent in the MCU much like how Chinese dragons are benevolent creatures in the actual myths. If M’baku of all characters can be seen running along side Captain America and Hulk into battle against Thanos, I’m sure that the MCU version FFF doesn’t have to be a villain.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Or they could just make him a regular Chinese Dragon like Xpac suggested and not nerf him at all. Heck he could be either a neutral character or just outright benevolent in the MCU much like how Chinese dragons are benevolent creatures in the actual myths. If M’baku of all characters can be seen running along side Captain America and Hulk into battle against Thanos, I’m sure that the MCU version FFF doesn’t have to be a villain.
    That's a good point. I automatically assumed M'Baku was gonna be a straight up villain in BP but he was just a challenger for the first few minutes and he's been heroic since then.

They could be doing the same thing with FFF. But I'm still wondering how this even counts as speculation. The guy just posted a pic of him and I don't think he's even a reporter or journalist.

That's a good point. I automatically assumed M'Baku was gonna be a straight up villain in BP but he was just a challenger for the first few minutes and he's been heroic since then.

They could be doing the same thing with FFF. But I'm still wondering how this even counts as speculation. The guy just posted a pic of him and I don't think he's even a reporter or journalist.
    Yes, reading the original tweet, FFF sounds just like the far, far end of speculation right now.

Still, if a dragon is used, I could see how a mystical, traditional dragon would be appropriate. Of course, the benevolent nature of the dragon would have to be shown, along with the traditional design and appearance.

Still, part of me thinks that FFF could be used. If Shang's father is going to be the Mandarin, then he has the ten rings. And again, the ten rings are alien tech that come from FFF's homeworld. Maybe the film streamlines things, and have FFF be the one who brought those rings to Earth. The rings are in some deep cave or mountain where FFF rests. So, FFF could make an appearance. If that's the case, I go back to what I said previoulsy, FFF has to be treated delicately. Definitely don't say "Fin Fang Foom" but "an alien being with a dragon like appearance." Don't imply that FFF birthed the legends of dragons in China because dragons are important in Chinese belief. Don't have Shang fight FFF because would squash him. Perhaps that's how we handle a possible FFF appearance.

....Yeah, on second thought, there are a lot of if's, maybe's, perhaps's, and complications with a FFF appearance. Better stick with a regular, Chinese dragon .
    "I am a man of peace."