Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

.....has Marvel even officially announced this movie yet?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Kevin Feige has confirmed it but no they haven't. They haven't either for Black Wifow and that's already shooting.

Ultimate Member

I feel like they might want to do some kind of "official announcement" for a lot of their upcoming films all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I feel like they might want to do some kind of "official announcement" for a lot of their upcoming films all at once.
    I expect/hope they'll do a five year announcement once Far From Home is out. Probably at some convention or other this summer (are they doing Hall H at SDCC this year? I feel like someone is skipping it?). I figure they'll want to wait until the last Phase 3 film hits before talking about Phase 4 (or whatever we're supposed to call it now). It just seems odd that they're working on these movies, at least one of them filming already, without making an official announcement.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Long time Shang Chi fan, first time poster. Here are my thoughts on his duplication powers—they just seem kind of lazy. They just made him a non Chinese government Collective Man. They just seem unnecessary. I’d love to see the SHIELD/espionage Cold War-esque type of storyline to explore. There’s a veritable wealth of Asian characters to be introduced, and a chance to really explore and develop them.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Ludi Lin is on the shortlist!

https://mobile.twitter.com/_CharlesM...56380782743552
    http://thathashtagshow.com/2019/06/1...hi-short-list/

Edit: Alongside Ross Butler (13 Reasons Why, Riverdale)

https://mcuexchange.com/shang-chi-do...di-lin-report/

Donnie Yen is also rumoured to be sought out to play the "wise old statesman"
    Woah, now things are popping! Now it feels like Marvel is serious about making a Shang-Chi movie! I recognize the irony that I talked about Ludi Lin being a potential Shang-Chi and now he is the front runner. He definitely looks the part. As for Donnie Yen, woah, that's a serious star. Now part of me is "Donnie Yen"'d out. Fast and the Furious, Star Wars, XXX, he's been in a ton of American films already. It seems as if Hollywood wants to corner the Chinese market, they turn to Donnie.

Still, Donnie is Donnie. A legit, martial arts action star who is a big hit all over the world, especially in China. He's been in both Chinese and American productions and is appealing to both. I wonder what role he'll play? Shang-Chi's master? Shang-Chi's father? Either sounds cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Shang-Chi's biggest problem is not that he's a kung fu master. It's that the best story you could tell about him (ordinary fighter is recruited by British Intelligence to defeat an Asian mastermind) was already done on screen. The good news is, it was in 1974:

But I think it could still be salvageable because people often forget Shang's origin. It's not that he's a Master of Kung Fu™. It's that he's a Master of Kung Fu™ trained by his father. The best focus might be not on what he can do, but why he does it. We've never seen an MCU film with an Asian lead, yes... but we've also never seen an MCU movie where the lead starts out as a villain.

Picture this... SHIELD agent Leiko Wu is assigned to infiltrate the Ten Rings. She succeeds in doing so but discovers that the Mandarin's "most trusted bodyguard" (and also, apparently, his son) has begun showing doubts about his father's agenda. Romance, intrigue, soul-searching, and a big MA battle in the third act.

The story would be about Shang's turn to heroism. The fact that he can kick a man's heart out through his back would be secondary, at best.
    I like that idea. Have Shang start out on his father's side. That's how he started out in the comics. I like how there's the incorporation of Leiko in that as well. I can even imagine the post-credits scene of Black Widow or Dr. Strange with Shang-Chi's father plotting and scheming only for him to turn to this son and say he's the perfect weapon for global domination. Which would perfectly set up for the Shang-Chi movie.

It could work!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

... so how is the duplication of Shang different from the Collective Man? Just wondering.

Since Ross Butler played adult Eugene in Shazam, is he not likely to get the nod because of pressure from WB? Just wondering.

... too old to play Shang now, but whatever happened to Russell Wong?

Has Henry Golding been approached?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ... so how is the duplication of Shang different from the Collective Man? Just wondering.

Since Ross Butler played adult Eugene in Shazam, is he not likely to get the nod because of pressure from WB? Just wondering.

Collective Mans powers are a lot crazier. He can draw on the power of everyone in china, and he can also transform other people into the Collective Man ala Agent Smith from Matrix.

Still acting. Just made a guest appearance in Supergirl:
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Still acting. Just made a guest appearance in Supergirl:
    okay, cool. I thought he might play Jimmy Woo until Randall Park got the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I expect/hope they'll do a five year announcement once Far From Home is out. Probably at some convention or other this summer (are they doing Hall H at SDCC this year? I feel like someone is skipping it?). I figure they'll want to wait until the last Phase 3 film hits before talking about Phase 4 (or whatever we're supposed to call it now). It just seems odd that they're working on these movies, at least one of them filming already, without making an official announcement.
    SDCC seems likely. That, or D23.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    SDCC seems likely. That, or D23.
    when is the D23 convention?

If they get the casting done fast enough they might bring the Shang-Chi actor out onstage like they did when Chadwick Boseman and Brie Larson were first confirmed.

when is the D23 convention?
    Late August.