Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

I'm 100% agree with you, I think this relation is one of the strongest element of the comics, I think the Chinese audience could be open about that but that could be more complicate with the censorship.

Now, if Shang Chi is more or less his adoptive son that could work, the leak describe him like a beggar, so he probably admire the Mandarin deeply to have saved him and to have given him his chance, sure it's probably less intense and less intimate that to be his blood relative, but that could work.

Now I hope Marvel change their minds, the closest to the comics, the better for this aspect of the story imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    I'm 100% agree with you, I think this relation is one of the strongest element of the comics, I think the Chinese audience could be open about that but that could be more complicate with the censorship.

Now, if Shang Chi is more or less his adoptive son that could work, the leak describe him like a beggar, so he probably admire the Mandarin deeply to have saved him and to have given him his chance, sure it's probably less intense and less intimate that to be his blood relative, but that could work.

Now I hope Marvel change their minds, the closest to the comics, the better for this aspect of the story imho.
    Good ideas bro.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    If you can make me believe guys like Colin Firth and Nick Frost can kick ass then I'm sure they can make it look like Simu can.

We won't have another Iron Fist situation in which the production is rushed and they teach the actors the fight choreography an hour before they film it.

I do think being able to portray a skilled martial artist is very important though as it is the characters primary ability.
    Exactly.

Oh, the choreography has to completely, 100% on point. Like everyone is saying, Shang is the master of kung fu; if they can't sell Simu as a fighter the whole film is dead on arrival.

But if the actor can't sell the role, and can't make audiences connect emotionally with the character, then all the best fight scenes in the world won't save the movie. I'm glad Marvel went with an actor instead of a martial artist. Getting someone who is both would've been the best option, but it seems that wasn't in the cards.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.