Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think you can see the DCU moving towards the chaos we've seen in Doomsday Clock pretty clearly now, particularly with Tom King's stuff where Batman's relationship with the GCPD has become strained, and the Sanctuary confessions getting leaked. I can see how the public's trust in superheroes would become dangerously shaken by all this once the Superman Theory gets leaked on top of all.

For 15 years, the general populace has mostly revered the superheroes of the DCU largely thanks to Superman being this beacon of hope that everyone could implicitly trust to never let them down. With the Sanctuary confessions showing how broken and flawed these costumed heroes are, plus the revelation that the US government may have been bankrolling not only them, but the super-villains that have caused so much destruction and murder for so many years, I can certainly see how that would unleash a lot of pent-up resentment.

In a way, it's a fitting allegory for the hope & optimism of Obama's America that swiftly became the fear and hatred of Trump's America today after a series of high profile leaks, and pent-up economic resentments blew up in everyone's faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think you can see the DCU moving towards the chaos we've seen in Doomsday Clock pretty clearly now, particularly with Tom King's stuff where Batman's relationship with the GCPD has become strained . . .
    That's not exactly an unusual situation for ol' pointy-ears.

Depends on the writer(s)/editor(s) in charge as to what Batman's relationship is with the GCPD, and it has fluctuated a lot over the years.

Not sure what the rush is all about. Doomsday Clock seems pretty self-contained as far as present day is concerned. All anyone really expects it to do is change the past and the future, which only means people will suddenly know about the JSA and Legion. Big whoop.

And HiC is most likely a dream.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    That's not exactly an unusual situation for ol' pointy-ears.

Depends on the writer(s)/editor(s) in charge as to what Batman's relationship is with the GCPD, and it has fluctuated a lot over the years.
    Not saying that this is unprecedented, just that Batman's relationship with the GCPD is current not in a good place, which is where is at in Doomsday Clock.

BANNED

I think that it has something to do with G. John's difficulty to deal with all these assignments DC has given him.
    He writes Doomsday Clock, Shazam, Three Jokers in addition his efforts to establish his announced imprint and whatever is happening with the Extented Cinematic Universe. Plus all these comic conventions.
    I beginning to wonder if he has a personal life whatsoever.

Incredible Member

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...-another-week/

I feel I should just buy the singles and wait til it’s fully released and read it all over again with how big these gaps are. I’ve been really enjoying the story but this release schedule and how they said they’d stick more to a schedule after a delay but now they can’t even keep that promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    I think that it has something to do with G. John's difficulty to deal with all these assignments DC has given him.
    He writes Doomsday Clock, Shazam, Three Jokers in addition his efforts to establish his announced imprint and whatever is happening with the Extented Cinematic Universe. Plus all these comic conventions.
    I beginning to wonder if he has a personal life whatsoever.
    I suspect that's got to be part of it. All the upheaval at DC over the last year (restructuring after Justice League disappointed at the box office, yesterday's restructuring at the DC publishing office) has got to impact John's schedule and time commitments...not to mention the follow through on the operational aspects of getting it to print (not Johns part).

Personally, I wish he hadn't taken on the 3 Jokers mini before he finished writing D Clock. I could have waited on 3 Jokers and would rather see Shazam and DClock coming out more regularly.

BANNED

Even though issue 9 of Doomsday Clock is out...Does anyone think that someone from DC needs to speak out about the delays between the issues ? Especially given how it was hyped to be important to the future of the DCU ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Even though issue 9 of Doomsday Clock is out...Does anyone think that someone from DC needs to speak out about the delays between the issues ? Especially given how it was hyped to be important to the future of the DCU ?
    Since it seems like there may be a number of people who are happy with the quality of what is eventually delivered, I don't know what DC would gain by saying anything beyond "Sorry for the delay, but hope you like what you read."
    So, no, there's no NEED to speak about it.

The delays suck, but honestly, the art is next level every single issue. I'd rather wait than get inferior art.

I gotta say the delays don't bother me either. The writing and art is so top notch I can wait. It would be different if it was all decompressed and not much happening in each issue, but we're getting a full blown comic with each issue. And a really good comic at that.