BANNED

Default What's the point of Avengers Endgame when you have toys and Legos leaking it ?

To anyone who enjoys the MCU....don't you find this a bit annoying going into the overall film ?

Not really, I like the small leaks.

iMan 42s

Every film has this problem to one extent or another. If you want something significantly worse I'd advise checking out (or don't if you want to avoid spoilers) Godzilla King of the monsters, because it's marketing initiate managed to screw the pooch.

It's less of a problem for the GA because they don't really see this stuff and they aren't looking for it anyways. I know it can be frustrating for people who run in comic circles but that's just the way things are. We would like to think that people wouldn't put images and spoilers in headlines or be those dick shits on Youtube but it happens. Integrity is not a thing you find when it comes to spoilers and even then you have people being jackasses by putting it on the front page.

For the future though, they develop a lot of this over a year in advance to keep up hype, build interest in a property, and to make sure a product gets out on time. It also doesn't mean that everything shows up on film like that toy of Hulk breaking out of the Hulkbuster. Sure that was intended to be in the film, but it didn't end up there but still made its way into the toys.

Basically you should take things with a grain of salt and try not to go on sites or narrow your searches to avoid these sort of things.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I post on multiple comic book and movie forums and websites.

It is inevitable. If I cared, I'd find a better way to spend my time.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    To anyone who enjoys the MCU....don't you find this a bit annoying going into the overall film ?
    In MOST cases leaks and spoilers don't bother me. If they did, I'd probably have to be a lot more careful about my internet habits as leaks and spoilers show up on boards like this all the time.

Extraordinary Member

Hardly anyone goes into a movie not having some idea of what the plot is going to be. The studio is better off trying to control leaks of some of the big things - and maybe authorizing small leaks to keep interest up - than trying to keep a veil of complete secrecy.

For example, a lot leaked out about the last Avengers movie, but the ending did not, and the ending was what they were trying to keep a surprise.

As long as some things remain unleaked about the new movie they'll be fine. The little leaks help keep a lid on the big ones.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    For example, a lot leaked out about the last Avengers movie, but the ending did not, and the ending was what they were trying to keep a surprise.
    And that still got leaked by Mark Ruffalo, just nobody took him seriously .

The toys barely leaked a thing though. Just costumes for some.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

You’ll get spoiled if you go looking for spoilers.

I could’ve been spoiled the entire plot for Infinity War (I wasn’t) and I still would have loved to see it all happen.
    Just don’t let leaks and spoilers ruin things for you.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Hardly anyone goes into a movie not having some idea of what the plot is going to be. The studio is better off trying to control leaks of some of the big things - and maybe authorizing small leaks to keep interest up - than trying to keep a veil of complete secrecy.

As long as some things remain unleaked about the new movie they'll be fine. The little leaks help keep a lid on the big ones.
    Yeah, it'll be the same this time. We know Spider-Man has a new film out after Endgame, so obviously his death in Infinity War will be undone. But how he and the other snapped heroes come back is a surprise they won't want revealed ahead of time. They'll also keep quiet about any new heroes. There's been rumours about Rescue, Stature/Stinger, Black Knight, and Hawkeye II.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

I don't mind spoilers. Half of the comic book movies are loosely adopted from stories I've already read anyway...

And it's not like knowing how it's going to end has ever been an issue for fans of all those Stephen King movies or Lord of the Rings movies or Titanic or Passion of the Christ or whatever. Only a small percentage of movies go all M. Night Shamalamadingdong with the twist ending, and are so limited in scope that 'spoiling' the ending ruins the entire film. A good story is a good story, not just a shocky gimmick at the end, and if I can see the big end coming, that just gives me more time to savor the feels.

I don;t mind Toys spiling stuff, since some are based on concept art/early drafts and therefore may not be accurate (Is that right, Lego Ant-Man set)

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I don’t buy toys or LEGO’s, so nothing has been spoiled for me.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It would only be a spoiler for people who follow both the toys scene and the movies otherwise the damage is pretty minimal.

When CBR re-posts them on the news page I honestly don't care.

It doesn't bother me with comic book movies based on stories I have already read, like the Infinity Gauntlet.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"