Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Why can't we get a Justice League show set in the Young Justice Universe ?

Nothing against the show and all of its fans, but honestly given how far off the show is and how much it grows overtime, it makes me wonder...Why don't we have Justice League theme show set in that same Universe ?

I mean this shows world could almost rival the Bruce Timm/Paul Dini/Dwayne MCDuffie/Alan Barrett Justice League show.

As fans of the Young Justice World: What do you think of this ?

I really like the iteration of the Justice League we have seen in Young Justice, and would be quite happy to watch a JL show set in that universe, or even a Showcase kind of show that mixes solo stories of the League members in that universe along with League adventures. I am sure it is within the realm of possibility with the DC streaming service opening up new possibilities for content especially animated content not tied to toy sales, but I don't know how likely it would be though.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Because once they do, like in the comics, they'll invest more in the Justice League as characters with a similar set of powers and threat level but bigger, more popular, household names.
    Example, if a Justice League show exists at the same time as Young Justice and set in the same universe, you won't get a Darkseid or Bane story with Young Justice. All the cool, big, popular ones are gonna go to Justice League, with the exception of characters associated with Nightwing and his friends, like Trigon and Deathstroke.

Bring it....

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'd definitely give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Because once they do, like in the comics, they'll invest more in the Justice League as characters with a similar set of powers and threat level but bigger, more popular, household names.
    Example, if a Justice League show exists at the same time as Young Justice and set in the same universe, you won't get a Darkseid or Bane story with Young Justice. All the cool, big, popular ones are gonna go to Justice League, with the exception of characters associated with Nightwing and his friends, like Trigon and Deathstroke.
    I honestly found Bane (and the Batman villains in general) pretty underwhelming in YJ, so he'd be better of not appearing there anyway. Showcasing the Titans related villains or finding more creative uses for other obscure DCU baddies could turn out ok.

Extraordinary Member

I think its because in the words of the creators themselves, the Young Justice show is less about the Young Justice team themselves and more about the whole of the DC Universe but from the perspective of the team.

So, anything that we'd get in a Justice League cartoon might be redundant. I'd still welcome it, but that might be why they haven't pulled the trigger on that yet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Nothing against the show and all of its fans, but honestly given how far off the show is and how much it grows overtime, it makes me wonder...Why don't we have Justice League theme show set in that same Universe ?
    Because Young Justice didn't achieve the sort of ratings the execs wanted from their primary demographic (which were kids). It did really well outside of these demos supposedly better than even Clone Wars when it was on CN. But as a commercial model, YJ was not considered a success especially since apparently the toyline also failed. YJ was only resurrected because of its rather successful afterlife on Netflix and the launch of the DC Universe streaming service. In comparison the Timmiverse shows were much more successful in terms of getting ratings from the demos that the execs wanted back when cable and broadcasting were king. Ultimately the commercial side is why shows like BTAS or Star Wars TCW can have multiple sequels and spinoffs while YJ doesn't.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 01-20-2019 at 02:48 PM.

I don't think it would workout all that well. The whole YJ Universe is about expanding and growth of not just the main characters but the whole DC Universe. A Justice League show based in that universe would either be a rehashing of Young Justice or focus to much on the core League, which we already got with Bruce Timm's verse. That DC is still Milking btw.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I think the creators mentioned toying with the idea of a show about the League or the Arrow family.

[QUOTE=Cmbmool;4149328]Nothing against the show and all of its fans, but honestly given how far off the show is and how much it grows overtime, it makes me wonder...Why don't we have Justice League theme show set in that same Universe ?

I mean this shows world could almost rival the Bruce Timm/Paul Dini/Dwayne MCDuffie/Alan Barrett Justice League show.

With Young Justice doing so well i could see a Justice League spinoff for the DC Streaming service in the near future.

Mighty Member

We have gotten three Justice League cartoons. Can't we get something else for a change? Greg Weisman said he wanted to do a series on The Arrow Family. He should! Why not do Suicide Squad, JSA, Firestorm or Booster Gold? DC has a whole library of characters.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    We have gotten three Justice League cartoons. Can't we get something else for a change? Greg Weisman said he wanted to do a series on The Arrow Family. He should! Why not do Suicide Squad, JSA, Firestorm or Booster Gold? DC has a whole library of characters.
    Because DC does not want those shows.

Also you have to deal with folks taking issue with who you use. See Static Shock.

A show with ratings (only Pokemon or DIgimon had higher at times)yet no one wanted to do toys to help offset animation costs.

You think a toy company would bother with the group you mentioned? Even the one belonging to Warner Brothers?

Kids would go NUTS if you did a Booster Gold or Question or Jaime Reyes cartoon.

But as a commercial model, YJ was not considered a success especially since apparently the toyline also failed.
    The toys were CRAPPY except for the Deluxe ones. If you saw those toys. I had to go to another city to get Aqualad. I saw 20 of those at Half Price Books back in 2017. They didn't last a DAY before folks bought everyone of them.

Also they featured the same folks who keep getting toys.
    I don't need another Batman figure to peg warm. Same with Aquaman, Flash and the rest of the adults who got toys.
    If they had made Rocket, Static, Jaime and the later season kids-you would have saw them SELL.

And another issue-Young Justice was a cable show unlike Static Shock. We have to remember not everyone has cable or lives online. So you had those toys and nobody knew where they came from-at least those who never watched the show.

Same issue with the books and trades-not everybody saw them. I didn't know Static had chapter books until 2010 because no one promoted it. An issue every DCUA show had.

I think the best thing they could do is a Young Justice and Legion of Super Heroes series of episodes and spinoff a LoSH series.

Weisman and team know how to bring the action, intrigue, soap opera, and ideas starring a large main cast and giving moments for supporting characters to shine. I'd love to see them play around with the future and continuity, after an "inspirational" adventure with some key YJ members.

Fantastic Member

Ultimately, it's money. DC Universe doesn't make that much cash. Just see the quality of Titans

In a perfect world though...this series has shown we need 4-5 closely interconnected series.

Justice League: FOcused on the Big Seven and other adult heroes
    Young Justice: Focused Primarily on the team
    Outsiders: Focused on Heroes outside the League
    Batman Inc.: Focused on batfamily

And two honorable mentions I would love:

Savage Times: A series following Vandal Savage over the course of human history.
    Teen Titans

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I think the best thing they could do is a Young Justice and Legion of Super Heroes series of episodes and spinoff a LoSH series.

Weisman and team know how to bring the action, intrigue, soap opera, and ideas starring a large main cast and giving moments for supporting characters to shine. I'd love to see them play around with the future and continuity, after an "inspirational" adventure with some key YJ members.

Yep, have conner and mgann move to the future and join the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    Ultimately, it's money. DC Universe doesn't make that much cash. Just see the quality of Titans

In a perfect world though...this series has shown we need 4-5 closely interconnected series.

Justice League: FOcused on the Big Seven and other adult heroes
    Young Justice: Focused Primarily on the team
    Outsiders: Focused on Heroes outside the League
    Batman Inc.: Focused on batfamily

And two honorable mentions I would love:

Savage Times: A series following Vandal Savage over the course of human history.
    Teen Titans
    JLA
    YJ
    JSA
    superman
    Batman

I would go for all these shows