Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Why can't we get a Justice League show set in the Young Justice Universe ?

Nothing against the show and all of its fans, but honestly given how far off the show is and how much it grows overtime, it makes me wonder...Why don't we have Justice League theme show set in that same Universe ?

I mean this shows world could almost rival the Bruce Timm/Paul Dini/Dwayne MCDuffie/Alan Barrett Justice League show.

As fans of the Young Justice World: What do you think of this ?

I really like the iteration of the Justice League we have seen in Young Justice, and would be quite happy to watch a JL show set in that universe, or even a Showcase kind of show that mixes solo stories of the League members in that universe along with League adventures. I am sure it is within the realm of possibility with the DC streaming service opening up new possibilities for content especially animated content not tied to toy sales, but I don't know how likely it would be though.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Bring it....

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Because once they do, like in the comics, they'll invest more in the Justice League as characters with a similar set of powers and threat level but bigger, more popular, household names.
    Example, if a Justice League show exists at the same time as Young Justice and set in the same universe, you won't get a Darkseid or Bane story with Young Justice. All the cool, big, popular ones are gonna go to Justice League, with the exception of characters associated with Nightwing and his friends, like Trigon and Deathstroke.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'd definitely give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Because once they do, like in the comics, they'll invest more in the Justice League as characters with a similar set of powers and threat level but bigger, more popular, household names.
    Example, if a Justice League show exists at the same time as Young Justice and set in the same universe, you won't get a Darkseid or Bane story with Young Justice. All the cool, big, popular ones are gonna go to Justice League, with the exception of characters associated with Nightwing and his friends, like Trigon and Deathstroke.
    I honestly found Bane (and the Batman villains in general) pretty underwhelming in YJ, so he'd be better of not appearing there anyway. Showcasing the Titans related villains or finding more creative uses for other obscure DCU baddies could turn out ok.

Extraordinary Member

I think its because in the words of the creators themselves, the Young Justice show is less about the Young Justice team themselves and more about the whole of the DC Universe but from the perspective of the team.

So, anything that we'd get in a Justice League cartoon might be redundant. I'd still welcome it, but that might be why they haven't pulled the trigger on that yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'd definitely give it a shot.

I honestly found Bane (and the Batman villains in general) pretty underwhelming in YJ, so he'd be better of not appearing there anyway. Showcasing the Titans related villains or finding more creative uses for other obscure DCU baddies could turn out ok.
    I think what he's trying to say is that most of the the villains and concepts that YJ uses frankly dont really belong to the legacy characters. I cant really disagree with that assessment, if there's a show about Batman, Superman and JL then you can bet Ra's, Lex and Savage will be migrating there.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    I think what he's trying to say is that most of the the villains and concepts that YJ uses frankly dont really belong to the legacy characters. I cant really disagree with that assessment, if there's a show about Batman, Superman and JL then you can bet Ra's, Lex and Savage will be migrating there.
    I can't disagree either, but I don't think it would be bad for the show to migrate the bigger villains away and give the Titans related/lesser known general DCU villains more focus. The show does a better job with lesser known villains anyway. Cheshire and Sportsmaster are much better than the show's portrayals of, say, the Bat-villains.

I wouldn't see the point of doing this, since there are so many JL shows and films already and there's nothing really about the YJ universe's JL that makes it more interesting than those other ones. And with the YJ cast becoming older and possibly taking over for their mentors in the nearish future, it just seems redundant.

Astonishing Member

you won't get a Darkseid or Bane
    I don't know why but seeing these put together on the same level amuses the heck out of me. Why would Bane be someone who sticks out as special? He's a bargain bin street level villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I don't know why but seeing these put together on the same level amuses the heck out of me. Why would Bane be someone who sticks out as special? He's a bargain bin street level villain.
    I don't know if I'd call Bane a street-level villain.

I mean, reduced down to "I will Break You Batman" generic thug Bane, maybe, but not like how he was originally envisioned.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if I'd call Bane a street-level villain.

I mean, reduced down to "I will Break You Batman" generic thug Bane, maybe, but not like how he was originally envisioned.
    Bane has never, in any real way, been a major villain on a scale bigger than Batman's corner of the universe. There've been many JL shows before YJ where Bane was never a big deal if ever showing up at all. Bane wasn't even a big deal in most of Batman's shows. Batman's, like, 5th most important villain is not in the same breath as Darkseid or any number of actual JL villains.

Bane's about as street level as it gets, too. Like, directly and surely, by all definitions, he's a street level villain. There is nothing wrong with this, just not the right conversation for him to pop up in.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Bane is considered one of Batman's best nemesis along with Joker and Ra's. My point is both are people they would never use on sidekicks if the adult version is there.

Maybe Bane is a bad example because a single one of the powered League can one-shot him.

A different example then, if Kaldur isn't Black Manta's son, and Justice League is airing alongside Young Justice, they will use him on Justice League instead.

BANNED

Doesn't seem to prevent YJ from trying to make Sportsmaster, Blockbuster and Cheshire a thing and they even had Sensei mop the floor with Forager, Halo and Geo-Force and just had Shiva kill freaking Ocean Master. I agree that Bane is a street tier villain but the idea that he's only relevant to Batman's corner pretty much applies to almost every villain and characters like Sportsmaster whom YJ creators have a crush on are not relevant in any corner period.

His point simply was that A list villains will fight the A list heroes. If there's a Batman show then Bat villains move there, if there's a Superman show his villains go there and so on. The only villain Young Justice has is Harm, throw in TT and you can add Brother Blood, Trigon, Deathstroke and Cheshire and that's pretty much it.
    Last edited by Armor of God; 01-22-2019 at 11:29 AM.

Astonishing Member

Bane is considered one of Batman's best nemesis along with Joker and Ra's. My point is both are people they would never use on sidekicks if the adult version is there.

Maybe Bane is a bad example because a single one of the powered League can one-shot him.

A different example then, if Kaldur isn't Black Manta's son, and Justice League is airing alongside Young Justice, they will use him on Justice League instead.
    Yes they would. Bane is the kind of guy you would see Nightwing fighting even if Batman is around. He's definitely never significantly used as a JL threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Doesn't seem to prevent YJ from trying to make Sportsmaster, Blockbuster and Cheshire a thing and they even had Sensei mop the floor with Forager, Halo and Geo-Force. I agree that Bane is a street tier villain but the idea that he's only relevant to Batman's corner pretty much applies to almost every villain and characters like Sportsmaster whom YJ creators have a crush on are not relevant in any corner period.

His point simply was that A list villains will fight the A list heroes. If there's a Batman show then Bat villains move there, if there's a Superman show his villains go there and so on. The only villain Young Justice has is Harm, throw in TT and you can add Brother Blood, Trigon, Deathstroke and Cheshire and that's pretty much it.
    How good YJ is at turning z-listers into interesting characters isn't really what I'm talking about. I'm just saying, if there was a JL show around they wouldn't refuse to let YJ use the likes of Bane. There've been plenty of JL shows around and I don't think any of them even had a Bane specific episode.