Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'd definitely give it a shot.

I honestly found Bane (and the Batman villains in general) pretty underwhelming in YJ, so he'd be better of not appearing there anyway. Showcasing the Titans related villains or finding more creative uses for other obscure DCU baddies could turn out ok.
    I think what he's trying to say is that most of the the villains and concepts that YJ uses frankly dont really belong to the legacy characters. I cant really disagree with that assessment, if there's a show about Batman, Superman and JL then you can bet Ra's, Lex and Savage will be migrating there.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    I think what he's trying to say is that most of the the villains and concepts that YJ uses frankly dont really belong to the legacy characters. I cant really disagree with that assessment, if there's a show about Batman, Superman and JL then you can bet Ra's, Lex and Savage will be migrating there.
    I can't disagree either, but I don't think it would be bad for the show to migrate the bigger villains away and give the Titans related/lesser known general DCU villains more focus. The show does a better job with lesser known villains anyway. Cheshire and Sportsmaster are much better than the show's portrayals of, say, the Bat-villains.

I wouldn't see the point of doing this, since there are so many JL shows and films already and there's nothing really about the YJ universe's JL that makes it more interesting than those other ones. And with the YJ cast becoming older and possibly taking over for their mentors in the nearish future, it just seems redundant.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by babybats View Post
    I wouldn't see the point of doing this, since there are so many JL shows and films already and there's nothing really about the YJ universe's JL that makes it more interesting than those other ones. And with the YJ cast becoming older and possibly taking over for their mentors in the nearish future, it just seems redundant.
    Well if the Originsl members of the Team are now on the league, wouldn’t it make sense to have the JL show focus on themand the YJ show focus on young team members

I rather see a JSA spinoff set in the 40s or an Infinity Inc spinoff set in the 70/80s.

We don't need one. YJ is already about the entire DC Universe except through the eyes of the younger characters

Kon93

Hell we already have a hour and a half every week(Atleast for now) and it still feels like we need more time to flesh out all what's going on and to see all the characters in the YJ universe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    you won't get a Darkseid or Bane
    I don't know why but seeing these put together on the same level amuses the heck out of me. Why would Bane be someone who sticks out as special? He's a bargain bin street level villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I don't know why but seeing these put together on the same level amuses the heck out of me. Why would Bane be someone who sticks out as special? He's a bargain bin street level villain.
    I don't know if I'd call Bane a street-level villain.

I mean, reduced down to "I will Break You Batman" generic thug Bane, maybe, but not like how he was originally envisioned.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if I'd call Bane a street-level villain.

I mean, reduced down to "I will Break You Batman" generic thug Bane, maybe, but not like how he was originally envisioned.
    Bane has never, in any real way, been a major villain on a scale bigger than Batman's corner of the universe. There've been many JL shows before YJ where Bane was never a big deal if ever showing up at all. Bane wasn't even a big deal in most of Batman's shows. Batman's, like, 5th most important villain is not in the same breath as Darkseid or any number of actual JL villains.

Bane's about as street level as it gets, too. Like, directly and surely, by all definitions, he's a street level villain. There is nothing wrong with this, just not the right conversation for him to pop up in.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    Ultimately, it's money. DC Universe doesn't make that much cash. Just see the quality of Titans

In a perfect world though...this series has shown we need 4-5 closely interconnected series.

Justice League: FOcused on the Big Seven and other adult heroes
    Young Justice: Focused Primarily on the team
    Outsiders: Focused on Heroes outside the League
    Batman Inc.: Focused on batfamily

And two honorable mentions I would love:

Savage Times: A series following Vandal Savage over the course of human history.
    Teen Titans
    "Savage Times" >>>>> "Immortal Men": Features Vandal Savage, Dr. Fate, Black Adam and a host of characters that have been around for YEARS, as "legends", "mystery men" and "superheroes/villains".

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Bane is considered one of Batman's best nemesis along with Joker and Ra's. My point is both are people they would never use on sidekicks if the adult version is there.

Maybe Bane is a bad example because a single one of the powered League can one-shot him.

A different example then, if Kaldur isn't Black Manta's son, and Justice League is airing alongside Young Justice, they will use him on Justice League instead.

BANNED

Doesn't seem to prevent YJ from trying to make Sportsmaster, Blockbuster and Cheshire a thing and they even had Sensei mop the floor with Forager, Halo and Geo-Force and just had Shiva kill freaking Ocean Master. I agree that Bane is a street tier villain but the idea that he's only relevant to Batman's corner pretty much applies to almost every villain and characters like Sportsmaster whom YJ creators have a crush on are not relevant in any corner period.

His point simply was that A list villains will fight the A list heroes. If there's a Batman show then Bat villains move there, if there's a Superman show his villains go there and so on. The only villain Young Justice has is Harm, throw in TT and you can add Brother Blood, Trigon, Deathstroke and Cheshire and that's pretty much it.
    Last edited by Armor of God; 01-22-2019 at 11:29 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Bane is considered one of Batman's best nemesis along with Joker and Ra's. My point is both are people they would never use on sidekicks if the adult version is there.

Maybe Bane is a bad example because a single one of the powered League can one-shot him.

A different example then, if Kaldur isn't Black Manta's son, and Justice League is airing alongside Young Justice, they will use him on Justice League instead.
    Yes they would. Bane is the kind of guy you would see Nightwing fighting even if Batman is around. He's definitely never significantly used as a JL threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Doesn't seem to prevent YJ from trying to make Sportsmaster, Blockbuster and Cheshire a thing and they even had Sensei mop the floor with Forager, Halo and Geo-Force. I agree that Bane is a street tier villain but the idea that he's only relevant to Batman's corner pretty much applies to almost every villain and characters like Sportsmaster whom YJ creators have a crush on are not relevant in any corner period.

His point simply was that A list villains will fight the A list heroes. If there's a Batman show then Bat villains move there, if there's a Superman show his villains go there and so on. The only villain Young Justice has is Harm, throw in TT and you can add Brother Blood, Trigon, Deathstroke and Cheshire and that's pretty much it.
    How good YJ is at turning z-listers into interesting characters isn't really what I'm talking about. I'm just saying, if there was a JL show around they wouldn't refuse to let YJ use the likes of Bane. There've been plenty of JL shows around and I don't think any of them even had a Bane specific episode.

So they seem much better in season 3 so far, (though I haven't watched as many episodes as have been released) but in seasons 1 and 2, the Justice League is... not my style. And frequently incompetent. Many or most of the heroes on the team make fairly ludicrous errors in judgment that just bother me. Superman is emotionally immature enough that he's not even capable of going to Superboy and saying "Huh. We... I guess we should talk, shouldn't we?" Then in season 2 when he's got the relationship with Kon going, this lame-brained excuse for a Superman, when confronted with an alien bomb that others can't defuse because it might go off, chooses not to take a look at it with his power to see through solid objects, but instead to yell at people he knows don't speak English, in English! Idiot! And then he blames himself for their failure to evacuate the blast radius! Which he should! It's a pretty glaring freaking mistake! Superman's the worst offender to me but there are others. Green Arrow messes up not getting Roy back, J'onn lets M'gann take over the training simulation, Captain Atom comes across as kind of a doofus in general, Captain Marvel for some reason insists on comporting himself like an immature kid in his adult form, even though as Billy he comes across as waaay more mature, and the League as a whole makes the pretty glaring mistake of not telling anyone about the Watchtower, whose only result ever is that people find out about it and then don't trust them as much.

In other words, unless the League's apparent step-up in Season 3 is really comprehensive, I don't even want a show about this version of them. They mostly just exist to either impede or aid the Team, who get all the spotlight, most of the competence, and whose incompetent moments are excused by the facts that they're kids, and that as the protagonists, they grow and learn from their mistakes much faster than the League, who get less development since their main role is to get out of the Team's way.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."