Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    To be honest I was confused as to whether she was being portrayed as also from the future.
    I'm just going by what Star Boy said when Jessica introduces herself. "Everyone Know Limelight"
    Implication at some point in the future, she may go by Limelight.

She is still however from this JL's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Also Terrific: "no one is responding to our call" tells us something is keeping the more expected heroes.

But I'm talking about the rest of the DCAU JL heroes. What you say about the Terrific quote makes sense.
    Yeh also going buy the interview vid (first page) creators wanted to inject some new characters into the mix, and explore new personalities.
    Hence instead of J'onnz, GL(John) and Flash, they are exploring Terrific, Ms. Martian & Jessica.

And yes Terrific's line implies the others are unavailable.
    If this is officially even in in JLAU continuity, I don't think has been stated.
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-10-2019 at 04:59 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I'm just going by what Star Boy said when Jessica introduces herself. "Everyone Know Limelight"
    Implication at some point in the future, she may go by Limelight.

She is still however from this JL's time.

Yeh also going buy the interview vid (first page) creators wanted to inject some new characters into the mix, and explore new personalities.
    Hence instead of J'onnz, GL(John) and Flash, they are exploring Terrific, Ms. Martian & Jessica.

And yes Terrific's line implies the others are unavailable.
    If this is officially even in in JLAU continuity, I don't think has been stated.
    I think it will be kept vague, too. Unless it's important to the story. Time travel!

I don't know if i want a full revival series but doing one-shots like this with new characters is cool to me.

Im very curious about how the new characters fit in with the big three and thats the main draw.

Not gonna lie tho I'd watch a JL gods and monsters series in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I don't know if i want a full revival series but doing one-shots like this with new characters is cool to me.

Im very curious about how the new characters fit in with the big three and thats the main draw.

Not gonna lie tho I'd watch a JL gods and monsters series in a heartbeat.
    I'd love to see more Gods and Monsters take on heroes. Aquaman, Green Lantern, and Flash especially. Maybe give Aquaman visible gills or make him a Creature from the Black Lagoon type or a complete mermaid (merman?). No reason he'd have to be connected to any version of Atlantis, just needs some kind of water powers or fish powers or something. Maybe Black Manta would be Aquaman in this continuity, since Man-Bat is Batman. Green Lantern could be an obvious alien. Don't know about Flash though, maybe a time traveler or a teleporter instead of a speedster.
    Last edited by Vakanai; 02-11-2019 at 12:07 PM.

Double post, sorry.
    Last edited by Vakanai; 02-11-2019 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'd love to see more Gods and Monsters take on heroes. Aquaman, Green Lantern, and Flash especially. Maybe give Aquaman visible gills or make him a Creature from the Black Lagoon type or a complete mermaid (merman?). No reason he'd have to be connected to any version of Atlantis, just needs some kind of water powers or fish powers or something. Maybe Black Manta would be Aquaman in this continuity, since Man-Bat is Batman. Green Lantern could be an obvious alien. Don't know about Flash though, maybe a time traveler or a teleporter instead of a speedster.
    I loved Gods and Monsters so much, it was one of my all time favourite DCAU movies. They left it open for a sequel too with the JL vs the evil Allfather.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I loved Gods and Monsters so much, it was one of my all time favourite DCAU movies. They left it open for a sequel too with the JL vs the evil Allfather.
    That sequence was interesting, to see Darkseid and his minions acting in good faith to be slaughtered by Allfather and the other New Genesis guys. Not that we should say that version of Darkseid wasn't evil, but he certainly wasn't as evil at least. And then of course those three shorts were amazing, the version of Brainiac they showed? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post

They were gonna do a second season of Gods and Monsters: Chronicles with a few new members. They were described as an fish-alien green lantern, a Pam-Grier-esque take on Mary Marvel, a mix between Steel and Robotman and a Criss Angel-esque take on Dr. Fate. I imagine the fish alien GL is also a reference to Aquaman so we might get future characters that are a mix of multiple sources.

My take on Flash would be an Iris West with teleportation powers and she has a friendly rivalry with Linda Park who gets light-based powers. They both debuted around the same time and both call themselves the Flash causing them to compete over who gets to call themselves that. Gods and Monsters tend to lean in the dark category so I wanted to inject some light-hearted humor into it.

Justice League vs. the Fatal Five Looks Like the Timm-Verse, But Isn't - https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-v...ve-timm-verse/

Despite the same look and design, and the lead JL Trinity all voiced by the same actors: (Kevin Conroy) Batman, (Susan Eisenberg)Wonder Woman and (George Newbern)Superman.

Although arguably it just contradicts one time jumping story line and can be taken as a different timeline going forward.
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-12-2019 at 03:56 AM.

Justice League vs. the Fatal Five Looks Like the Timm-Verse, But Isn't - https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-v...ve-timm-verse/

Despite the same look and design, and the lead JL Trinity all voiced by the same actors: (Kevin Conroy) Batman, (Susan Eisenberg)Wonder Woman and (George Newbern)Superman.

Although arguably it just contradicts one time jumping story line and can be taken as a different timeline going forward.
    Pretty much all can be explained off and Bruce Timm has already said its canon to the DCAU.

Don't see John and Arrow given away much detail as to not alter the future. He stopped Bouncing Boy from spilling to much in the Far From Home episode.

Time Travel is tricky i mean look at the Legion stores in the comics, Superboy joins first, later revealed it was Supergirl who actually joined first. This could actually take place prior to Supergirl joining from the Legion 's time or simply Supergirl is on an away mission with many of the Legionnaires not seen. Brainiac 5 appearance could change or has changed by Far From Home.
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; 04-12-2019 at 07:36 AM.

Spectacular Member

having it be a different timeline would allow them to replace wally with barry easily. which would probably be a requirement if they included the flash in any future films.

Last edited by Lonewolf36; 04-14-2019 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dudepool View Post
    Why is Mano from the Fatal Five wearing a Sinestro Corp symbol on his chest in this movie?
    That is interesting, but I think it's just a further stylized hand (which his symbol represents), that became a visual coincidence.

Last edited by Güicho; 04-17-2019 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    LOL!
    Bruce Timm: "Yeah it's canon"
    CBR editorial and everyone else "...wellll, not exactly ....

Astonishing Member

That is interesting, but I think it's just a further stylized hand (which his symbol represents), that became a visual coincidence.

Maybe in the future, someone started putting the Sinestro Corp logo on T shirts.