Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    All-New Member

Cool. Thx.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Time Travel is tricky i mean look at the Legion stores in the comics, Superboy joins first, later revealed it was Supergirl who actually joined first. This could actually take place prior to Supergirl joining from the Legion 's time or simply Supergirl is on an away mission with many of the Legionnaires not seen. Brainiac 5 appearance could change or has changed by Far From Home.
    When it had already changed from his cameo in the Superman TAS Legion episode.

Maybe he's implying that you should be very afraid of his hand....

I feel like there should be more discussion about the first DCAU movie since Gods and Monsters in this forum? I mean it wasn't perfect but it was so good having these character designs and those voices back. And they did the peak JLU thing: have the big three play their roles but have the story be about characters on their periphery. We know about the Trinity--let's make this a Jessica Cruz movie.

DCAU style Jessica looked great! What bugged me was Thom calling her Limelight all the time which I thought was leading somewhere but never did. Like I thought maybe her future self would show up with the adult Legion at some point or something, instead of the teen Legion coming back for Thom's memorial. The timey-wimey stuff was the least interesting part of the movie in general. (The 31st century can't hold the Empress, but Oa can a thousand years ago?)

Miss Martian definitely had the JLU Supergirl "sarcastic young rookie" role in this.

Persuader's axe really shouldn't be able to leave Clark in a pool of blood, but I'll let that slide.

Poor Kilowog. Somehow not dead? Kept waiting for him to make a joke like, "good thing (cough) Bolovaxians got five hearts, eh kid? Now go get 'em, poozer!"

Astonishing Member

Just watched it and sorry to say, it doesn't stand up well to previous animated movies. The plot made little sense. The actions of the villains made little sense. The fights made no sense due to PIS, wildly varying power levels depending who was fighting whom.

It was a mess that could have been better with some tightening up.

I could go for a line of comics featuring the DCAU.
    Like... 52 of them...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I could go for a line of comics featuring the DCAU.
    Like... 52 of them...
    Is it wrong that I feel this way too?

If the DCAU was the ... for lack of a better term "DC prime" or earth zero.
    I think I'd read more stuff.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Is it wrong that I feel this way too?

If the DCAU was the ... for lack of a better term "DC prime" or earth zero.
    I think I'd read more stuff.
    There's tons of tie-in books. There's a big universe that's there that most people probably haven't read.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics