Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default DCAU Justice League returns?

A new animated movie using the same art and much of the same cast as the early 2000s Justice League/Unlimited cartoon is coming this year.

Justice League Vs. The Fatal Five

It's hard to look at it and not see it as a sequel to Justice League Unlimited.

This looks great. I cant wait for this to come out. It is for sure on my must have list.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I was just hit with the biggest nostalgia wave. This looks wonderful and full of heart. And I've not been a fan of the animation style of recent DC stuff, so this makes me very happy. Looking forward to the old cast as well as the new characters.

I'm interested but I don't understand for the life of me why Ms. Martian is getting such a big animated push. Nothing against her but there are so many other characters that could have her spot...just seems weird.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I'm interested but I don't understand for the life of me why Ms. Martian is getting such a big animated push. Nothing against her but there are so many other characters that could have her spot...just seems weird.
    These seems to be either Johns characters or his take on them (Ms Martian, the mentally ill version of Starman, Jessica Cruz and Mr. Terrific).

Holy sh!t this is awesome! Great childhood/teenage memories of watching the original come flooding back. Love that they’re touching on the topic of mental health. Usually comic book stories show people with mental health problems as murdering psychos. It seems like a big reason why a lot of people have taken to Jessica. Her overcoming or coping with her issues. Plus the freaking Legion! Just wish more Legionares we included. Maybe more will show up at the end of the movie.

If I knew more about the setup to this movie, I would almost certainly say it was part of the old DCAU. Animation, voice actors, a lot of the core members...

Either way, looks like a fun ride!

Fantastic Member

Timm might redeem himself after that awful Harley feature & icky Barbara moment

What's weird about it? She's on a popular tv animated series and this film is cashing in on that.

In the video they explain why she was used. The innocent “fish out of water” character is a good foil to the gruff overly serious Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    In the video they explain why she was used. The innocent “fish out of water” character is a good foil to the gruff overly serious Batman.
    She looks like she'll be a fun counterpoint to Batman in this.

I wonder how many times Superman will be taken out by electricity.

I'm opening bets at twice.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Meh Timm is nowhere near as good as he was and he doesn’t have Dini or McDuffie anymore. Not expecting much here.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    These seems to be either Johns characters or his take on them (Ms Martian, the mentally ill version of Starman, Jessica Cruz and Mr. Terrific).
    That's a big problem I have with a lot of modern DC media. They're seemingly too dependent on Johns' version of certain characters/properties, to the exclusion of other exciting source material.

Thankfully, he never had a big influence on Superman, Batman, or Wonder Woman.

Boisterously Confused

There's promise here. Hate Wonder Woman's sword, but I have hopes.